Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2023, 15:55   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Went ahead and got my 2018 Ecosport TDCI a Wolf Stage 1+ remap over the weekend. All the reviews of the 1.5 TDCI with the Wolf remap had only good things to say, so decided to go ahead.

As the car enters it's 5th year, I was casually thinking of what next and I just could not think of anything else upto 25Lakh that would give me the whole package that the Ecosport diesel is. What I mainly stood to gain from the upgrade options considered was power, while compromising on some other aspects, so a remap to the Ecosport was the perfect solution to keep the car for the next few years.

Initial impressions are good, idle seems to be more refined, power starts building right from 1500 rpm resulting in a much wider power band. It's only been a few days and I haven't completed the 100km for the map to fully settle in, so looking forward to enjoying the car even more now
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:05   #587
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
ECU Remaps have become very popular everywhere. There are many tuners in India now who do ECU remaps. I was very curious and interested in ECU tuning. I have got my diesel cars remapped from various tuners. I wanted to know more and was doing research since a year. I joined few ECU forums / groups and got lot of information. I wish to share everything here by writing in detail.
Hi Dr. Naren, I want to remap My Mercedes CLA 200 CDI.
1. Who is best between GtTunerz and Autopsyche? Or any better suggestion?
2. Gt tunerz has quantum remap/ autopsyche has Etunerz motosport and Code 6 remap. Which is best for my vehicle? Autopsyche is Charging 35k.
Thank you in advance
Old 16th January 2023, 23:46   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vattyboy View Post
2. Gt tunerz has quantum remap/ autopsyche has Etunerz motosport and Code 6 remap. Which is best for my vehicle? Autopsyche is Charging 35k.
Thank you in advance
I can't answer who is the best. Choose the tuner based on the car you are going to tune. Quantum tune should be decent and GT Tunerz are known for good customer support too. They even have inhouse dyno .
Old 17th January 2023, 12:20   #589
BHPian

Stage 1 vs Stage 2 Remapping for VW Polo GT TSI

Hey everyone, a colleague and I, both owners of the 1.2L Polo GT TSi are planning to go through a couple of mods and upgrades for our cars but have a couple of questions.
Before the questions I'll briefly outline what we're planning to do either in Mumbai or Pune
  • ECU Remap - Stage 1/Stage 2
  • TCU Remap - Stage 1/Stage 2 - (have heard mixed reviews on benefits of stage 2 with a stage 1 ecu remap
  • Brake Upgrade - Brembo drilled rotors at the front and perhaps upgrading the drums at the rear to disc
  • Bilstein B4/B6 suspension
  • Air intake upgrade - leaning towards a K&N upgrade

Questions
  • Are there any legal ramifications for Stage 2 remaps? As in does stage2 remapping clear PUC checks? - (my understanding is we will need to add a downpipe and a racecat)
  • If we go for a stage 1 remap we are planning between a code6 remap and a revo map and wondering if anyone has any insights on the difference?
  • Is there anyway to test drive the differences between stage 1 and stage 2 or even just one if possible?
  • What is the general practice in India for remaps? - Is it just flashing a new map or do they take into account the upgrades (This will define when we do the remap)

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th January 2023 at 13:12. Reason: Please use Search and find a relevant thread before opening a new thread.
Old 21st January 2023, 20:57   #590
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dr. Naren,

Would you know any good places to learn all about chip tuning in India. I came across reynlabs.com , a Chennai based company that offers training courses.

I also saw that companies that make the ecu tuning hardware like alientech etc also offer some trainings.

What would be a good way to start from scratch if one wants to learn this properly.

Any references and/or pointers would be great.
Old 22nd January 2023, 15:49   #591
ais
BHPian

Re: Stage 1 vs Stage 2 Remapping for VW Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayaglele View Post
Brake Upgrade - Brembo drilled rotors at the front and perhaps upgrading the drums at the rear to disc[*]Bilstein B4/B6 suspension[*] Air intake upgrade - leaning towards a K&N upgrade

code6 remap and a revo map
[*]Is there anyway to test drive the differences between stage 1 and stage 2 or even just one if possible?
For the front brakes, I've gone for a simple brake shoes upgrade to EBC Yellow Stuff and K S Motorsport steel braided brake lines. I'm very happy with the bite and lack of sponginess post the change. Rear brake upgrade in unnecessary as the front brake upgrade suffices. Changing rear brakes to disc is complicated, and I'd rather not mess with the brake distribution. This is what I learnt in gathering information for my upgrades.

For air intake, if looking for a simple filter swap, BMC is working fine for me. I'm enjoying the intake whine on upshifts!

I doubt if remaps can be tested on the fly because even after remapping, the ECU will continue 'learning' how the car is being driven and adapt to inbuilt maps. To get the best data, speak to Karan Shah since he has dynoed plenty of Polos with various remaps. Also speak with Joe of Wolf Moto to get full details.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:12   #592
BHPian

Re: Stage 1 vs Stage 2 Remapping for VW Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
For the front brakes, I've gone for a simple brake shoes upgrade to EBC Yellow Stuff and K S Motorsport steel braided brake lines. I'm very happy with the bite and lack of sponginess post the change. Rear brake upgrade in unnecessary as the front brake upgrade suffices. Changing rear brakes to disc is complicated, and I'd rather not mess with the brake distribution. This is what I learnt in gathering information for my upgrades.

For air intake, if looking for a simple filter swap, BMC is working fine for me. I'm enjoying the intake whine on upshifts!

I doubt if remaps can be tested on the fly because even after remapping, the ECU will continue 'learning' how the car is being driven and adapt to inbuilt maps. To get the best data, speak to Karan Shah since he has dynoed plenty of Polos with various remaps. Also speak with Joe of Wolf Moto to get full details.
Thanks for the insight on the brakes - we're leaning to a similar solution.

For the Air intake not sure if a short ram intake will provide any benefits especially in the Indian environment. So maybe a simple filter swap is ideal? Unsure about this though.

Regarding the remapping, we meant if its possible to demo a stage 1/stage 2 car to feel the difference ourselves before we do the remapping.
Old 25th January 2023, 07:48   #593

Hi everyone, I am from Philippines and it's been a privilege to be a member of team-bhp. I also had my toyota crysta/innova 2.8 remapped (no smoke tune) having 220 bhp and 500nm all stock. it's a leap on performance from stock settings and I must say with relaxed driving fuel efficiency is increased too (always power mode)

recently I have upgraded from stock tires
yokohama decibel e70
205 65 16

to

yokohama geolandar cv (no stock on A/T)
215 70 16

with this setup, acceleration has decreased a bit but still far from stock performance.

I plan to upgrade my stock 16" rims to rota 16" to compensate some weight given by the bigger tires.
Old 26th January 2023, 18:23   #594

Quote:
Thank you in advance
On my B180Cdi it's been 9 months with Autopsyche Quantum stage2 remap cat-delete K&N.
It revs faster and feels more responsive with absolutely no drop in FE, when using speed limiter.

Only downside car feels Undertyred now, might have to get wider tyres.

I'd say go for it
Old 26th January 2023, 21:14   #595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4X4 View Post
On my B180Cdi it's been 9 months with Autopsyche Quantum stage2 remap cat-delete K&N.
It revs faster and feels more responsive with absolutely no drop in FE when using the speed limiter.

The only downside car feels Undertyred now, might have to get wider tires.

I'd say go for it
As per my recent conversation with autopsyche, they have 2 remaps of
1. Etuners motorsports
2. Code 6
And gt tuners do remaps of quantum tuning brands.

I am a little confused by your information.
How autopsyche and quantum tuning both are mixed?
Old 26th January 2023, 21:23   #596

Quote:
As per my recent conversation with autopsyche, they have 2 remaps of
1. Etuners motorsports
2. Code 6
And gt tuners do remaps of quantum tuning brands.

I am a little confused by your information.
How autopsyche and quantum tuning both are mixed?

Yes it is a Etuners stage2 map.
Old 26th January 2023, 21:28   #597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by More4X4 View Post
Yes it is a Etuners stage2 map.
Please share your contact information or mail id, i want to know more details.
Thanks.
Old 8th March 2023, 11:25   #598
BANNED

Hi everyone, this is a weird query but is it possible to remap TATA Punch? I have spoken with Wolf and they are saying the gains won't be great but will improve city drivability, is is advice to do so? Punch suits aur requirement perfectly, the only issue is that the engine lacks low end torque and mid range.
Old 9th March 2023, 00:20   #599
BHPian

Has anyone done ECU remapping of Compass 1.4 Multiair Petrol? Not getting much feedback on the options and actual real world benefits.

Autopsyche has Code 6 option. Has anyone tried it on their compass? What about GT Tunerz Quantum tuning option?

I want to improve power deliver at lower RPMs.
Old 15th March 2023, 23:26   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Choose the tuner based on the car you are going to tune.
Dear Naren,

Hope you’re doing good. Currently I reside in Chennai and I own a 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 1.4 CRDI. The car has completed 4 years and 6 months and it is in bone stock condition. Extended warranty will end in another 6 months.

Decided to go for a Stage 1 or Stage 1+ remap this time (I am not comfortable in hardware modifications). Could you please suggest good tuners in Chennai? I am ready to take it to Bengaluru only if there are no good tuners in Chennai. Could you please suggest?

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks