Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 10:32   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
However, as per my knowledge, currently there are no remaps available for this engine. It is a bit surprising that even after 3 years and thousands of Kias and Hyundais sold with this engine, a remap is yet to arrive(unless I am mistaken of course).
No remap is available yet. ECU tool manufacturers have not developed the protocols to read and write.

Quote:
Also, I am yet to see a tuned 1.4 GDi or even a 1.0 GDi for that matter.
Remaps are available for the GDi engines. Have come across multiple posts by various tuners
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 12:49   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post

Is there a specific reason why the tuners have not been able to crack the ECU of this engine? Also, I am yet to see a tuned 1.4 GDi or even a 1.0 GDi for that matter.
1.0 GDI tunes are available, have seen few updates from tuners too. But don’t expect gains like 1 TSI
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 07:36   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Also what suspension mods have you planned?

Enjoy your drive, it’s one heck of a car with unlimited mod potential.
Thanks a lot, first I’ll be going for rims and tyres because traction has become an issue now. After that I’m thinking eibach ( doing more research on the products )

I went with a TVS stage 2 RON98 ecu map and a stage 2+ tcu map ( along with a K&N performance air filter). The overall feel is amazing, overtaking is phenomenal.
The gains are :-
180hp->280hp
250nm->350nm
( power figures are at crank, at the wheels it is making somewhere around 260hp)
Update: I visited my tuner yesterday, we took logs of the car and sent it to TVS engineering. The car was running on xp100 fuel. Turns out that TVS sent the RON95 file earlier( labelled as RON98 ) so with xp100 the ignition timing was not match. We upgraded the map to a RON98 map now. I can feel the difference by a good margin. There’s a lot of wheel spinning and torque steer.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st October 2022 at 03:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged
rishabhsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 20:18   #574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.e.s.h.a.v.57 View Post
But jokes aside, the people who actually need to see a good difference in their driving experience or the ones who take their time in building a project car mostly opt for a TCU tune before getting the ECU remapped. A lot take it to Stage 2 all at once, because we all know the notorious DSG boxes from the VAG groups. Especially if they are those dry clutch gearboxes. So getting a TCU tune would really help you if you are going to pursue a good build in the future as it not only enhances the driving experience but also helps the car in a lot of technical ways.
Im planning for a remap for my rapid 1.5 DSG from code 6. They suggest for a ECU and TCU remap together which will cost around 50k. But my requirement is only a smoother shift and a better mileage. I’m totally satisfied with the stock power delivery. So can I do a TCU alone?
Old 7th October 2022, 20:41   #575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.shenoy View Post
Thanks Doc, an update to this thread, got it remapped through Code6 Mumbai, My verdict of multiple pune mumbai expressway drives , mid range torque is amazing, drives on high gears, overtaking is a cake, traction control light blinks till third gear (I have 205 yoko) faster shifts, top speed 220, fuel efficiency, 25 @ 60kms per hour,

PS: did the ECU & TCU mapped, now its @147HP.
Even I’m going for a remap for my rapid 1.5 DSG from code 6. But I have a few queries. How is the vehicle after the remap? Can I do a TCU remap alone and later on going for a ECU remap because I’m a little annoyed with the stock gear ratios and sudden shuddering in slow gears from 2 to 1. I’m totally satisfied with the power delivery. My only requirement is mileage and smoother shift
Old 8th October 2022, 21:17   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanwar7421 View Post
Let's start -
I own a 2019 Skoda Rapid at the heart of which is a 1.6L MPI petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The peak power and torque figures as claimed by Skoda are 105BHP and 153Nm of torque respectively.
Would advise against doing a remap on a NA motor. The gains are minimal, and you'll not get the bang for your buck like a turbo motor. Keep it stock and enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabhsharma View Post
Hello BHPians,
Last year i bought a used Skoda Octavia mk3.5 L&k 1.8tsi. I was quite happy with the car until i got exposed to the world of tuning. Octys produce mad numbers and i couldn't wait to get a tune for mine.
Congrats on your car and the remap. I would seriously suggest going for a big brake kit - if you want OE, then the new Octavia vRS's would be a good option to consider. And of course, tyres and suspension to help put down that power to the road - again you can choose to stick with OE route or aftermarket when it comes to suspension.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th November 2022 at 12:50. Reason: Back to Back post merged.
Old 13th October 2022, 03:52   #577

Stage 1 remap?

Hey guys I’m a newbie here. I’ve always been following teambhp and it has helped me learn a lot, I’m glad to be a part of the amazing community finally, feels like home! I had a few questions I recently have bought a used 2011 Vento 1.6 petrol as we know it’s NA and we can’t tinker much with the car. I wanted to know it’s been driven 85k kms now and engine definitely feels butter smooth, handles well I’ve just got a new set of suspensions and Yokohama tyres. Cosmetically, I wouldn’t wanna do much, for me simple is elegant. I wanted to know if it’s worth it to get a stage 2 on this one and if it’s worth the smiles per miles do we have any good places in Mumbai to get the job done, I’ll share a few pictures of the car too, suggestions for modifications are always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-77fc2ccf4e714e7a9a335d7449401c88.jpeg  

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-34e5aa675d8a493e9a211ec9006fc3b9.jpeg  

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-7a77bf017624452785d99a56f51b971a.jpeg  

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-db248881d7c0434a809b219e326db63f.jpeg  

Old 15th October 2022, 14:04   #578

Re: My Octavia 1.8 gets a vrs230 oem catback

The next mod is either changing the suspension setup or an exhaust upgrade.

Hello BHPians,
As mentioned in my previous post. I finally got a vrs230 oem catback. the installation process is very simple. Almost like plug-and-play. Although i needed a custom coupler as the downpipe size is different. The exhaust note is stockish but with a bit more bass. But I get some loud DSG farts now. ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-photo_20221015_131548.jpg

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-photo_20221015_134547.jpg
rishabhsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 06:36   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabhsharma View Post
The next mod is either changing the suspension setup or an exhaust upgrade.

Hello BHPians,
As mentioned in my previous post. I finally got a vrs230 oem catback. the installation process is very simple. Almost like plug-and-play. Although i needed a custom coupler as the downpipe size is different. The exhaust note is stockish but with a bit more bass. But I get some loud DSG farts now. Attachment 2368380

Attachment 2368381
Could you give us an idea about how much the catback cost you?
Old 22nd October 2022, 09:23   #580

Quote:
Originally Posted by surya.drives View Post
Could you give us an idea about how much the catback cost you?
This one in particular belonged to one of my friends. A used one should cost you around 30k. And new ones go for around 50-60k.
rishabhsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 15:24   #581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
I'm aware of the Kochi dealer as I follow them on Instagram. That's how I came to know about the DSG remap, and came to TBHP to find out some more.

Cheers!
Can you please share the contact of kochi dealer for TVS?
Old 10th November 2022, 20:29   #582
BHPian

Hi All,
I am currently driving a 2012 Hyundai i20 2012 with a NA petrol 1.2 engine. I would like to try out the stage 1 engine remapping on her. I am absolutely new to this and would like to get some suggestions from the vast knowledge bank here.
1. What kind of gains am I looking at with this stage 1 remap?
2. Any trusted sources where I can get the remap done in Mumbai?
3. I get my car serviced at the OEM workshop. Will the remapping result in refusal of servicing by these guys? Would they revert the mapping back to the original?
4. How heavy will it be on my pocket?
5. If I decide to sell my car in the future, would it be possible to revert back to original condition?
Thanks for your valuable inputs.
Old 13th November 2022, 10:43   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Hi All,
I am currently driving a 2012 Hyundai i20 2012 with a NA petrol 1.2 engine. I would like to try out the stage 1 engine remapping on her. I am absolutely new to this and would like to get some suggestions from the vast knowledge bank here.
1. What kind of gains am I looking at with this stage 1 remap?
2. Any trusted sources where I can get the remap done in Mumbai?
3. I get my car serviced at the OEM workshop. Will the remapping result in refusal of servicing by these guys? Would they revert the mapping back to the original?
4. How heavy will it be on my pocket?
5. If I decide to sell my car in the future, would it be possible to revert back to original condition?
Thanks for your valuable inputs.
Hi, I have a stage 2 Wolf moto tuned Baleno 1.2

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. The gains on an NA car would be minimal in terms of sheer hp numbers, you'll see sharper throttle response and the car become responsive overall across the powerband.

2. I know wolf often makes trips to Mumbai, you can get registered with them for their next slot. Don't really know about other Mumbai tuners, sorry.

3. I don't think so. When my car was stage 1+, it just had a tune running that's all and it isn't at all noticeable by the service center people. Perhaps if you were running visible hardware mods it'd be a different story.

4. Around 20-24k depending on map

5. Remaps can be reverted back, but honestly if it's stage 1 no one will notice. They'll just think it's a responsive car that's all. With stage 2 and hardware mods, reverting becomes a challenge like getting a decat and then going back to a cat setup.
iBokehlicious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:10   #584
BHPian

Dear members, could any one suggest a reliable tune for my V40 CC? Its a 4 Cyl VEA engine ( D3 variant). I came across BSR tuning kit and wanted to find out if its reliable and if any members has tuned their car with this kit. Link below to the kit for V40 D3 (VEA)

https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/3151...4-t4-d-4204-t9

Gains seem to be decent and there is a good bump in torque especially.

Would appreciate if anyone can point me to a reliable tuner in Chennai.
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:10   #585
BHPian

Hi Forum members,

I would like to remap my Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI. I know there are tons of tuners with a good map out there for 1.5 VAGs. However, I have only one car

Wanted to check what would be the best tuner who would suit my requirements with their maps:

1) I am not an overly aggressive driver; however, I want that punch when I floor it during weekends.

2) I want it to be safe for the engine.

3) Reliability: It's a must for me, as this is the only car I drive for long-distance tours.

Also, I wanted to check if there are good remaps for Ford Freestyle Petrol out there? Since this is NA, would a remap help in any way? The low end for this car is almost dead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks