Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 15:20   #466
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
I'm looking to remap my 1.5 tdci in Hyderabad....
My S-cross is remaped by Wolf. Their support is excellent. I have very good first hand experience with them.

I would strongly suggest you to go for Wolf unless other tuners give you a significantly superior map.
benzinblut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 10:25   #467
BHPian

Question for those with diesel remapped engines.

Have you gotten the EGR deleted along with remap?

From what I've learned,
EGR helps reduce combustion temperatures which in turn reduces the amount of Nox emissions produced. Deleting it would obviously increase combustion temperatures. (By how much though?) Wouldn't this negatively affect cooling system performance AND increase EGT (again, by how much?). Increased EGT would theoretically reduce turbocharger life and reduce oil life (not much of a concern).

Or increased combustion temperature and EGT isn't much of a problem if I'm selling my care before 150k Kms

Detailed replies would be really helpful. THANKS.
Old 9th July 2021, 11:09   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Question for those with diesel remapped engines.

Have you gotten the EGR deleted along with remap?
Yes!!

Quote:
From what I've learned,
EGR helps reduce combustion temperatures which in turn reduces the amount of Nox emissions produced.
Yes, that's how the EGR system works. There won't be any substantial increase in combustion temperature by closing the EGR valve. Do note that EGR is open even in stock map only during part throttle inputs or idling. Overall, the benefits outweigh the risks and EGR delete is good for the engine.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 10:48   #469
BHPian

Tuning/Remapping - Automatic vs Manual Gearbox/Transmission

Well, there are a lot of misconceptions, misunderstandings, and ambiguity in tuning (or) remapping an Automatic transmission vs Manual Transmission.

1. What are the main differences between the two when tuning?
2. What are the limitations of the two?
3. In the manual remap, there multiple stages of tuning (1, 1+, 2, 3, 4, etc). Is it the same in automatic also?
4. What is the percentage gain in power and torque in these stages?
4. How to calculate the max torque/power that a gearbox/transmission (manual and automatic) can handle?
5. In India, there are multiple types of gearboxes - Manual, iMT, AMT, TC, Dual Clutch. Is the remapping/tuning process the same for all?
Old 21st July 2021, 13:04   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tuning/Remapping - Automatic vs Manual Gearbox/Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Well, there are a lot of misconceptions, misunderstandings, and ambiguity in tuning (or) remapping an Automatic transmission vs Manual Transmission.

1. What are the main differences between the two when tuning?
2. What are the limitations of the two?
3. In the manual remap, there multiple stages of tuning (1, 1+, 2, 3, 4, etc). Is it the same in automatic also?
4. What is the percentage gain in power and torque in these stages?
4. How to calculate the max torque/power that a gearbox/transmission (manual and automatic) can handle?
5. In India, there are multiple types of gearboxes - Manual, iMT, AMT, TC, Dual Clutch. Is the remapping/tuning process the same for all?
1. A manual gearbox will only take an ECU tune while some automatic gearboxes can have a TCU tune that alters shift points and lifts revv limiters and also increase the clamping force between clutch plates in case of DSGs

2. Limitations are all situation and manufacturer based. There are cases where a manual gearbox can take more power and torque than an AT and even vice versa. It entirely depends on the car being discussed about

3. Yes. Both manual and automatics are the same in this respect except for the fact that an auto can have a TCU or transmission control unit tune as I described before. You also have to take into account how much the gearbox can take

4. These are manufacturer specified numbers and you have to rely on them. There's no real way to calculate how much you can put through a tranny practically, without taking it to it's absolute limits and risking everything

5. The ECU remap process is similar IIRC, but not all automatic gearboxes can be tuned (the TCU I mean). Never really heard of AMTs or iMTs being tuned and I don't think that will even happen, considering these are found on economy hatchbacks mostly. TCs and DSGs can be tuned and are the most popular candidates for TCU remaps since these are widely used in most cars. CVTs can be as well but again, relatively rare

Experts are free to correct me in case I have made a slip up somewhere.

Last edited by vishy76 : 21st July 2021 at 13:08.
vishy76 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 16:40   #471
BHPian

So almost a month since my tune. And happy to say fuel average hasn't changed much. Probably less than 0.5km/ltr.

Using tank-full method:
Kms - 670.5
Diesel - 61.89
Avg - 10.83 km/l

Use case was no long-journey and my usual daily route. Suffice to say I'm very happy with this.

Although one negative is slight increase idle engine noise (when outside). Is this normal?

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-screenshot_20210721163753_adobe-acrobat.jpg
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:07   #472

Is there anyone who has done the remap for Chevy Cruze (2014 model) on this forum? Who are to top tuners in Hyderabad, can someone help me with information please.
Thanks,
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:16   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
So almost a month since my tune. And happy to say fuel average hasn't changed much. Probably less than 0.5km/ltr.

Using tank-full method:
Kms - 670.5
Diesel - 61.89
Avg - 10.83 km/l

Use case was no long-journey and my usual daily route. Suffice to say I'm very happy with this.

Although one negative is slight increase idle engine noise (when outside). Is this normal?

Attachment 2181985
1. The mileage totally depends on the right foot behaviour. Gentle throttle inputs after remap will (in most cases) result in marginally improved (0.5 - 1 km) mileage due to the increased efficiency in the combustion. However, the hard/aggressive throttle inputs will reduce the mileage since the engine is working harder than the stock.
2. Increased idling noise is definitely because of the remap. Probably you may want to identify the reason.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:02   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
This is my experience:

2014 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi Stage1 Remap

Done at - Lap47 Angamaly, Kerala
Remap by - Evotech Motorsports
Claimed figures- 90 BHP & 215Nm (no Dyno testing was done)
This is exactly what I was looking for. One of my friend wants ECU Remap for his 1.4 TDCI Fiesta. The quote for ECU Remap was 35K, in Chennai. I found its too steep. Any good tuners in Chennai, Bengaluru? Advice please
Old 11th August 2021, 14:28   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. One of my friend wants ECU Remap for his 1.4 TDCI Fiesta. The quote for ECU Remap was 35K, in Chennai. I found its too steep. Any good tuners in Chennai, Bengaluru? Advice please
You can check with Engineering Exponents, Wolf Moto dealer in Bangalore.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 16:59   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You can check with Engineering Exponents, Wolf Moto dealer in Bangalore.
Thanks Naren. Will definitely reach out to them What is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 1+?
TorqueKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 17:14   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naren. Will definitely reach out to them What is the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 1+?
I am not sure and I personally don't believe in this 1+ concept. But almost all the tuners like Wolf, Code 6, TOT etc are offering Stage 1+ remaps. I guess it's just an aggressive Stage 1 remap or few tuners suggest performance air filter with Stage 1+ .
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 13:14   #478
BHPian

Quote:
This stage nomenclature is not standard. Even globally. The only given is that the lower the number the most basic is the tune.

So it's better to check and clarify with the tuner you want to go with.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 14:28   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
2. Increased idling noise is definitely because of the remap. Probably you may want to identify the reason.
Increase idling noise may NOT be because of the remap.
Old 31st August 2021, 13:10   #480
BHPian

Hi,

Wanted to know if anyone got their Abarth Punto / Linea T-JET remapped from "Engineering Exponent, Bangalore" who are supposed to be Wolf-Moto dealers/franchisee.
Hoping to get some feedback about them for re-maps, specifically for Fiat turbo petrols.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks