Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoFarmer (Post 5067439)
Hi Dr Naren and Other experts - has anyone gotten their vehicle remapped at EE in Whitefield Bangalore, please let me know if these guys can be trusted with a new vehicle and do a high quality job?

Few of my friends have got remap, exhaust etc done from EE and happy with the mods.

Google reviews are also good :thumbs up

https://g.page/engineering-exponent?share

Updating the tuners list who offer remaps in India. I won't be mentioning the names of all sub dealers, but will list down the brands available :)

Indian

1. Wolf Moto
2. Tune O Tronics
3. Code 6 Tuning
4. T8 Performance
5. GT Tunerz Delhi (OEM+ remaps).

These tuners have master tools and develop their own maps in India.

International

1. APR
2. Revo
3. E Tuners Greece
4. E Tuners Motorsports
5. Superchips UK
6. Quantum UK
7. RacingLine
8. Harmonixx tuning (deals with APR and few other brands from Europe, Australia etc, they got a master tool too)
9. Pete's Tuning (I think they get maps from Custom code UK and few other suppliers)
10. Viezu tuning (not sure if they are still functioning)
11. Kiirus (Maps are from Turkey, not sure about current status)
12. Racetec (known for Supercars tuning, collaboration with various tuning firms)

These tuners represent various International brands and the remap files are not made in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 5077447)
These tuners represent various International brands and the remap files are not made in India.

Just updating the international list with another Tuner who represents 2 international brands.

International

1. APR
2. Revo
3. E Tuners Greece
4. E Tuners Motorsports
5. Superchips UK
6. Quantum UK
7. RacingLine
8. Harmonixx tuning (deals with APR and few other brands from Europe, Australia etc, they got a master tool too)
9. Pete's Tuning (I think they get maps from Custom code UK and few other suppliers)
10. Viezu tuning (not sure if they are still functioning)
11. Kiirus (Maps are from Turkey, not sure about current status)
12. Racetec (known for Supercars tuning, collaboration with various tuning firms)
13. Bellevue Performance (Tuned2race and ATM-Chiptuning master dealer)

I need serious advice for choosing services from Wolf vs GT Tunerz (vs Code 6?) for my 2019 S-cross 1.3

Better Map/Reliable/Usable
Positive Reviews/Service
Cost

Dr Naren - what do you mean when you say OEM+ remaps?

Wolf Moto gang is in Delhi right now for 3 days (but will be here again in future as well...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 5080287)
I need serious advice for choosing services from Wolf vs GT Tunerz (vs Code 6?) for my 2019 S-cross 1.3

Wolf Moto any day for 1.3 MJD. Rajiv is the master of this ECU :D.

Quote:

Dr Naren - what do you mean when you say OEM+ remaps?
GT Tunerz have named OEM+ for the maps developed on their own in India.

Did any tuner like Quantum, Code 6 introduce the map for Hyundai-Kia's 1.5 Diesel and 1.0/1.4 Turbo Petrol yet?

Asking because I haven't seen any 1.5 Diesel-powered and 1.0/1.4 Turbo Petrol engine yet!

When I asked the Wolf Moto, they said that they are testing the map for 1.5 Diesel of Hyundai-Kia and will be launching the map soon after the testing gets completed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_guy1998 (Post 5081803)
Did any tuner like Quantum, Code 6 introduce the map for Hyundai-Kia's 1.5 Diesel and 1.0/1.4 Turbo Petrol yet?

Asking because I haven't seen any 1.5 Diesel-powered and 1.0/1.4 Turbo Petrol engine yet!

Many tuners are able to remap 1.0/1.4 turbo petrol engines of Hyundai / KIA. Remap is not available for the diesel engine yet as no tool is able to read and write the ECU. It's just a matter of time :)

Update on BMW cars

The newer BMWs , post mid 2020 can't be tuned by anyone in the world. The ECUs are locked and no after market solution is available yet. But, it's just a matter of time.

Mission Performance claims they are successful.

https://www.germanboost.com/content....he-OBD-II-port

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 5085929)
Update on BMW cars

The newer BMWs , post mid 2020 can't be tuned by anyone in the world. The ECUs are locked and no after market solution is available yet. But, it's just a matter of time.

This company in Germany tunes BMW cars. They have been in business for almost 30 years tuning a range of cars.

https://www.slstuning.de/f/bmw/

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 5080287)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 5080685)
Wolf Moto any day for 1.3 MJD.

And to my knowledge, only Wolf offers switchable maps for the 1.3 MJD, which is a key differentiator. You can keep the stock map and also have 3 other maps at your disposal - and switch between them per driving session.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian2003 (Post 5085933)
This company in Germany tunes BMW cars. They have been in business for almost 30 years tuning a range of cars.

I don't think they are doing the latest 2020-21 cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 5085947)
And to my knowledge, only Wolf offers switchable maps for the 1.3 MJD, which is a key differentiator. You can keep the stock map and also have 3 other maps at your disposal - and switch between them per driving session.

Wolf doesn't offer switchable maps for all the cars with 1.3 MJD though. Yes, they can do for all Fiat cars. I think Wolf can also old Swift and Ertiga from Suzuki stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 5077447)
Updating the tuners list who offer remaps in India. I won't be mentioning the names of all sub dealers, but will list down the brands available :)

Indian

1. Wolf Moto
2. Tune O Tronics
3. Code 6 Tuning
4. T8 Performance
5. GT Tunerz Delhi (OEM+ remaps).

These tuners have master tools and develop their own maps in India.

Which of these are recommended for the Gypsy? Any recommendations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 5086164)
Which of these are recommended for the Gypsy? Any recommendations?

I don't think it can be remapped. You should go with hardware modifications and after market ECU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 5086165)
I don't think it can be remapped. You should go with hardware modifications and after market ECU.

Yes I heard it’s ECU has limited capacity for modifications and it’s usually a add-on chip from Europe that is piggy-backed to the main ecu. But still it’s a job for ECU tuners and requires a Dyno right? Which is the best shop for that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragul (Post 5086168)
But still it’s a job for ECU tuners and requires a Dyno right? Which is the best shop for that?

I am not the right person to recommend any best shop as I don't have any experience with tuners playing with after market ECUs. I read Blackworks Bangalore do a good job. You can also check Mantra racing, Arka motorsports, Race concepts etc.