Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 17:15   #406
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
VW's DQ200 DSG gearbox torque limit is 250NM and you will potentially face failures if the remap exceeds the rated torque.
Im aware of this however am also surprised as to how the others who have remapped are surviving, haven't heard of any drastic failures from them at all,
ashish.shenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:59   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's your choice

Code 6 mostly would have an aggressive map. I am sure they would have done more research on this engine than other tuners in the country. Not to forget, their 1.5 TDI stage 3 build is the fastest in India

Not necessary to get TCU map, but it is nice to have. You can get it done later too.
Thanks Doc, an update to this thread, got it remapped through Code6 Mumbai, My verdict of multiple pune mumbai expressway drives , mid range torque is amazing, drives on high gears, overtaking is a cake, traction control light blinks till third gear (I have 205 yoko) faster shifts, top speed 220, fuel efficiency, 25 @ 60kms per hour,

PS: did the ECU & TCU mapped, now its @147HP.
ashish.shenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 23:48   #408
S15
BANNED

Does any tuner have a remap of the Magnite-Kiger HRA0 engine?

Just curious to see how much power can be extracted from them.
S15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:06   #409
BANNED

How's the experience for someone who has remapped their Honda brio running the 1.2L v-tec engine.?

I'm getting the remap done at enginnering exponents , (Wolf moto dealer at Bangalore) maybe in May 2021 as I will have to drive down from Mysore.

My car is bone stock apart from a few nice aesthetic mods.
Rama Kumara is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 15:41   #410
BHPian

Hi all - Reposting from another thread as I chanced upon this very informative thread a little late:

Am based in Bangalore and looking to remap my Fiesta (Global) 1.5 TDCI engine as a 6th year anniversary gift for both of us.

Thanks to the forum am leaning towards a remap as opposed to a tuning box.

Am not looking for rally like speeds but would like improved acceleration / ease.of overtaking / general driveabiliy.in the mid range.

However I would not like a compromise on reliability. Can't afford to have a breakdown in the middle.of nowhere.

Have a few questions for the fine folks here:

1. Recommendations for a good tuner for the 1.5 TDCI in Bangalore ( Heard Wolf mentioned quite a bit. Code 6 also.. anyone specific for a Ford 1.5 would be glad to explore. I also heard FRK racing but they don't find a lot of mention here. Anyone used their services - would love to hear your experiences).

2. What else would be good.to change. I understand if it is a systemic improvement, it would be much better
Also car is 6 years old and would like to use this opportunity to upgrade things like stock air filter/ tires. (whatever would be complimentary to the remap effort). I love my car and dont intend to part ways till a similar sedan at the price range is available.

3. I don't want this to impact reliability of the car. No risk of breakdowns etc just because I played around with a remap which causes some stress somewhere and car stops in the middle of a highway run.. so anything specific to ask for / mention to the tuner. Or is this a risk I have to assume. In which case I will have rethink my remapping decision.

Thanks in advance.
Nimz
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 16:25   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hi all - Reposting from another thread as I chanced upon this very informative thread a little late:

Am based in Bangalore and looking to remap my Fiesta (Global) 1.5 TDCI engine as a 6th year anniversary gift for both of us.

Am not looking for rally like speeds but would like improved acceleration / ease.of overtaking / general driveabiliy.in the mid range.

However I would not like a compromise on reliability. Can't afford to have a breakdown in the middle.of nowhere.

Have a few questions for the fine folks here:

1. Recommendations for a good tuner for the 1.5 TDCI in Bangalore ( Heard Wolf mentioned quite a bit. Code 6 also.. anyone specific for a Ford 1.5 would be glad to explore. I also heard FRK racing but they don't find a lot of mention here. Anyone used their services - would love to hear your experiences).

2. What else would be good.to change. I understand if it is a systemic improvement, it would be much better
Also car is 6 years old and would like to use this opportunity to upgrade things like stock air filter/ tires. (whatever would be complimentary to the remap effort). I love my car and dont intend to part ways till a similar sedan at the price range is available.

3. I don't want this to impact reliability of the car. No risk of breakdowns etc just because I played around with a remap which causes some stress somewhere and car stops in the middle of a highway run.. so anything specific to ask for / mention to the tuner. Or is this a risk I have to assume. In which case I will have rethink my remapping decision.

Thanks in advance.
Nimz

This is my experience:

2014 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi Stage1 Remap

Done at - Lap47 Angamaly, Kerala
Remap by - Evotech Motorsports
Claimed figures- 90 BHP & 215Nm (no Dyno testing was done)

Comments: 3rd and 4th gear capabilities have increased tremendously with picking acceleration swiftly than the stock configurations, and could feel lesser lags on lower gears, though the 2nd gear band has decreased slightly.
No breakdowns or any issues I felt because of Remap. The part I'm enjoying is the overtakes which were sluggish earlier, now could feel more responsive to the pedal.

I too have done the remap on the 6th year and now has clocked 80K kilometres in total. Clocked roughly 5000kms post remap now. I have been using K&N air filters for there the past couple of years, so the improvement in my vehicle is a combined effect of remap plus filter I belive.
Bibin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 16:53   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
This is my experience:

2014 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 TDCi Stage1 Remap

Done at - Lap47 Angamaly, Kerala
Remap by - Evotech Motorsports
Claimed figures- 90 BHP & 215Nm (no Dyno testing was done)

Comments: 3rd and 4th gear capabilities have increased tremendously with picking acceleration swiftly than the stock configurations, and could feel lesser lags on lower gears, though the 2nd gear band has decreased slightly.
No breakdowns or any issues I felt because of Remap. The part I'm enjoying is the overtakes which were sluggish earlier, now could feel more responsive to the pedal.

I too have done the remap on the 6th year and now has clocked 80K kilometres in total. Clocked roughly 5000kms post remap now. I have been using K&N air filters for there the past couple of years, so the improvement in my vehicle is a combined effect of remap plus filter I belive.
Thanks Bibin. I take it you have not changed the tires? Are you running the same stock tires. Was curious if a wider profile would also help.

On K&N filters - do they require more maintenance than the normal ones? Read somewhere that K&N filters if not oiled can cause more harm than good.

Nimz
Old 20th April 2021, 17:05   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bibin. I take it you have not changed the tires? Are you running the same stock tires. Was curious if a wider profile would also help.

On K&N filters - do they require more maintenance than the normal ones? Read somewhere that K&N filters if not oiled can cause more harm than good.

Nimz
I have been using 185 70 R14 tires roughly for the last 50K km (after replacing the stock Goodyear tires at 33K), wider profile increases traction, so if you need a bit quicker acceleration you could stick to the stock measurement tires.

Cotton filters need cleaning every 10000kms (at least) cz they are also prone to the dust and particles coming in but they can filter it more effectively. thus, it ll start getting clogged, then it needs one round of cleaning and oil spreading which will again help to travel another 10000 (this kilometer range depends on where you drive, you could check the condition of the filter by just opening the filter box whenever required.) this oil spread on the cotton mesh is the one which catches all dust and particles more effectively than a normal paper filter, which is why it needs to be oiled when required.
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 17:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Nimz
I would go with Wolf Moto like I have recommended to other members many a times on this forum. Not that I have any personal affiliation to them, but having tried Code 6 and then WM, I am happy with the tune WM has done on my Aspire. The good thing being, it is customizable if you want changes along the rpm range.
I am not sure how many kms your car has run, but if you talk to them, they will let you know what to expect after a remap done on a car that is 6 years old. My car was remapped when it was less than 10k kms, so I am not sure.

Tyre upgrade is something that can be done. A size bigger and better rubber will do wonders to the driving experience.
A open K&N filter will make the engine noisy because of the intake noise plus diesel clatter and you will have to keep a constant check on it to check if it is blocked as that will affect the performance and efficiency quite a bit.
A panel replacement filter from K&N or Cosworth will only make a very slight improvement. I would stick to the stock filter and change it often.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 19:59   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I would go with Wolf Moto like I have recommended to other members many a times on this forum. Not that I have any personal affiliation to them, but having tried Code 6 and then WM, I am happy with the tune WM has done on my Aspire. The good thing being, it is customizable if you want changes along the rpm range.
I am not sure how many kms your car has run, but if you talk to them, they will let you know what to expect after a remap done on a car that is 6 years old. My car was remapped when it was less than 10k kms, so I am not sure.

Tyre upgrade is something that can be done. A size bigger and better rubber will do wonders to the driving experience.
A open K&N filter will make the engine noisy because of the intake noise plus diesel clatter and you will have to keep a constant check on it to check if it is blocked as that will affect the performance and efficiency quite a bit.
A panel replacement filter from K&N or Cosworth will only make a very slight improvement. I would stick to the stock filter and change it often.
Thanks Tharian I did read about your Rubicon. Is there a contact / address for Wolf in Bangalore I can reach out to. I don't think I can get anything done now but would like to get the conversation started if possible.

My car has done only 45K kilometers. I understand the remap torque / bhp bump will depend also on the health of the engine.

I will have to check if the Fiesta can accommodate a wider profile.

Nimz
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 21:19   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tharian I did read about your Rubicon. Is there a contact / address for Wolf in Bangalore I can reach out to. I don't think I can get anything done now but would like to get the conversation started if possible.

My car has done only 45K kilometers. I understand the remap torque / bhp bump will depend also on the health of the engine.

I will have to check if the Fiesta can accommodate a wider profile.

Nimz
I think they have someone in Engineering Exponents near Hoodi circle who does the remap. You can contact either them or Wolf Moto through Instagram.

On the 15 inch rims, which is the same the Figo Sports, the max safe upsize would be 195.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 00:26   #417

Re: My Wolf'ed VW Jetta TDI DSG - From Crazy to Insane!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
After seeing Dr. Naren's post about Wolf, i too decided to remap my Skoda Superb with Rajiv. I should admit that Rajiv is an excellent guy and very open and sincere with his advice.

Post remap the car is very eager to pull at most of the speeds and i am very much satisfied by the performance.

Though i am not a pedal to metal fan, i still enjoy the change as there is a huge difference in the drive-ability of the car. Fuel efficiency too have improved drastically and with light foot car returns excellent efficiency.
Is Wolf Moto in Bangalore? I would like to get my Isuzu Dmax remapped
Old 21st May 2021, 06:52   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoFarmer View Post
Hi, Rajeev is based out of Kochi but they travel often to Bangalore. You may reach him on +918075590970.
Old 21st May 2021, 06:56   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoFarmer View Post
Wolf Moto has a dealer in Bangalore called Engineering Exponents
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 13:35   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Wolf Moto has a dealer in Bangalore called Engineering Exponents
Hi Dr Naren and Other experts - has anyone gotten their vehicle remapped at EE in Whitefield Bangalore, please let me know if these guys can be trusted with a new vehicle and do a high quality job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks