Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 09:54   #391
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

@AYP

Do not chase absolute numbers in terms of BHP and Torque figures.At the end of the day what you need the most is better drive ability and a engine with as good as stock engine life.
If you ask me about wolf moto i have been running fourth map from them on my sx4 which is custom tuned and has been a charm to drive.Their support and eagerness to listen to customer is the best. Rajiv,rahul,sreekanth are gem of people and are always willing to go extra mile when it comes to helping you get the best.

Yes incase you are just looking at a very aggressive map compromising on the rest of the factors then you could choose code 6. Generally their maps are aggressive.

My car was remapped at 88k and now i am at 141k. Absolutely love the map and most of all the car is so much more comfortable to drive with the engine noise also reducing quite a bit.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 09:12   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Not sure why Karan responded so. 1.2 TSI engine is not really mod friendly. You get decent gains but 1.0 TSI has better gains. Good remap does make the car more punchy, don't expect huge gains though.
Hello Dr. Naren!
I got a chance to drive a Stage 1 N1 Racing tuned Vento TSI and well, was underwhelmed to say the least.
I couldn’t detect any difference between it and my stock TSI, furthermore, the owner told me that he hardly ever goes flat out because he’s worried about the DSG gearbox, since his car doesn’t VA e a TCU remap.
What I was smitten by, however, was the sweet sweet exhaust this car had and I want to bite the bullet and get myself one too. This car had a custom Downpipe, mid-pipe and a magnaflow end pipe. He claims he got it for around 30k.

I was told however, that if I don’t get an ECU remap and just get an exhaust, there’ll be an increase in turbo lag.

Questions:
1. If I do choose to get a stage 1 remap from Code6 or Pete’s, should I get a TCU remap as well? Will reliability be such a big concern?

2. Will getting a new exhaust with a stock setup increase turbo lag?

3. Between Pete’s, N1 and Code6, which remap would you recommend?

Thank you!
Old 6th March 2021, 09:29   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I was told however, that if I don’t get an ECU remap and just get an exhaust, there’ll be an increase in turbo lag.
That's the common answer given by tuners / exhaust makers for a badly designed exhaust

Quote:
1. If I do choose to get a stage 1 remap from Code6 or Pete’s, should I get a TCU remap as well? Will reliability be such a big concern?

2. Will getting a new exhaust with a stock setup increase turbo lag?

3. Between Pete’s, N1 and Code6, which remap would you recommend?

Thank you!
Do check out TCU remaps by TVS tuning. They are the best

I have heard only good things about Petes map for 1.2 TSI. No idea about the other two.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 08:59   #394
BHPian

Hello Dr. Naren,

First & foremost, thank you for creating this thread. The information shared by you has enlightened me a lot.

I have a Nissan Kicks, petrol which is powered by a 1.5 liter NA engine; I understand that the question about naturally aspirated engines has been asked many times but wish to seek your opinion. Is it possible to extract some gains out of this engine? it's carrying a Bosch ECU.
Old 12th March 2021, 09:35   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguardian View Post
I have a Nissan Kicks, petrol which is powered by a 1.5 liter NA engine; I understand that the question about naturally aspirated engines has been asked many times but wish to seek your opinion. Is it possible to extract some gains out of this engine? it's carrying a Bosch ECU.
I have not come across any remapped Kicks 1.5 in India. You can check with Wolf Moto or GT Tunerz. They are the best in business when it comes to doing rare cars and ECUs .
Old 12th March 2021, 16:54   #396
BHPian

Quote:
That's the common answer given by tuners / exhaust makers for a badly designed exhaust
Hello Dr. Naren,
My brother and I have decided to get the following for each of our Vento TSIs:

1. Stage 2 ECU + TCU remaps from eTuners
2. Downpipe
3. New performance air filter from BMC.

Is there anything in particular we should be concerned about? We kick off tomorrow by getting downpipes, according to the guy helping us with this, there will be a check engine light since we're deleting the cat con but it'll go away post remap.
We'll get the air filter and remap in the coming week.

Thanks!
Old 12th March 2021, 17:03   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hello Dr. Naren,
My brother and I have decided to get the following for each of our Vento TSIs:

1. Stage 2 ECU + TCU remaps from eTuners
2. Downpipe
3. New performance air filter from BMC.

Is there anything in particular we should be concerned about? We kick off tomorrow by getting downpipes, according to the guy helping us with this, there will be a check engine light since we're deleting the cat con but it'll go away post remap.
Awesome

eTuners are good for VAG petrol cars. Yes, there might be CEL post decat which would be removed in stage 2 map by deleting that particular error code.

Enjoy!!
Old 15th March 2021, 22:12   #398
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I need some help.

I have the Creta 1.6 petrol auto from 2017. I am pretty satisfied with it overall as it does what I need it do without being great or being terrible. One thing I absolutely hate about it though is the sluggish and annoying gearbox. It almost feels like driving a CVT with rubber band like effect which makes overtaking really annoying especially on slopes.

Is it possible to improve this with a ECU remap/alteration or any other way? The gearbox in my opinion changes up at 2k rpm which makes it always in a higher than optimal gear. Plus there is no sport mode on this gearbox. I am hoping there is some solution to this issue and if anyone has done this on a Creta? Also would like to know if there are any reliable tuners in Pune.

Thanks!
Old 16th March 2021, 23:03   #399
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues at all with PUC. My car with even decat downpipe has cleared the test
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
4)- If you are closing the EGR for performance gains, there is hardly any. The main reason I did it in my car when it had run just 6k kms is so the engine intake system and valves don't clog up on the long run. With your car already crossed 20k kms, I am not sure how much it would help this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I have run my remapped car with the stock 14 inch rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@AYP

Yes incase you are just looking at a very aggressive map compromising on the rest of the factors then you could choose code 6. Generally their maps are aggressive.
Guys, I have another query. This time, it is related to insurance.

1. While renewing the insurance, do we need to declare the remap? Personally, I do not remember seeing any such thing. Only accessories are mentioned.

2. How does remap affect insurance claim, if it does in the 1st place? Now I don't think any minor damage to the body or any small mishaps would cause any issue but I am concerned about a major mishap or a total loss situation. Is it possible for a company to reject an insurance claim citing remap as a reason?
Old 17th March 2021, 14:22   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Guys, I have another query. This time, it is related to insurance.

1. While renewing the insurance, do we need to declare the remap? Personally, I do not remember seeing any such thing. Only accessories are mentioned.

2. How does remap affect insurance claim, if it does in the 1st place? Now I don't think any minor damage to the body or any small mishaps would cause any issue but I am concerned about a major mishap or a total loss situation. Is it possible for a company to reject an insurance claim citing remap as a reason?
I haven't made any changes to the insurance after the remap. I doubt if they have a provision to add this as well.
I don't think they will be able to find out if the car is remapped or not. Unless they are aware of remaps and know where to get the ECU checked.
A physical check on visible changes is what should gain their attention during the process and then connect that to a possible remap.

Honestly, I don't think they can figure it out unless they go the distance to stop an insurance pay out.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:00   #401
BHPian

Hi Dr.

I have a Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG and post much considerations, have narrowed down to two, Code 6 or Quantum Tuning, although both claim to provide 140 hp/310NM for their maps,

wanted your help and inputs on below questions please,

1: Which one would you suggest to go with ? (i heard Code 6 has a more aggressive map)

2: Is it imperative that an ECU remap has to be combined with a TCU remap or can i just do the ECU for now and further consider the TCU ?

Thanks,
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:33   #402
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.shenoy View Post

1: Which one would you suggest to go with ? (i heard Code 6 has a more aggressive map)

2: Is it imperative that an ECU remap has to be combined with a TCU remap or can i just do the ECU for now and further consider the TCU ?
It's your choice

Code 6 mostly would have an aggressive map. I am sure they would have done more research on this engine than other tuners in the country. Not to forget, their 1.5 TDI stage 3 build is the fastest in India

Not necessary to get TCU map, but it is nice to have. You can get it done later too.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd March 2021 at 20:34.
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:37   #403
BHPian

Hi,

Any members with Facelift S-cross remapped their cars and what is the feedback?

I suppose from Dr. Naren's suggestion Wolfmoto team is the best for this 1.3 MJD engine. Any other tuners and feedback?
diogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:22   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Hi,

Any members with Facelift S-cross remapped their cars and what is the feedback?

I suppose from Dr. Naren's suggestion Wolfmoto team is the best for this 1.3 MJD engine. Any other tuners and feedback?
Don't bother to check any other tuner for 1.3 MJD unless you are not able to get their remap due to unavailability of dealership / no team visits in your area.
Old 24th March 2021, 16:52   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish.shenoy View Post
I have a Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG and post much considerations, have narrowed down to two, Code 6 or Quantum Tuning, although both claim to provide 140 hp/310NM for their maps,
VW's DQ200 DSG gearbox torque limit is 250NM and you will potentially face failures if the remap exceeds the rated torque.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks