Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2021, 19:13   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Hi, any suggestions for a Chevy Cruze (2015 model) keeping in mind reliability and of course gains.
A good ECU tune (Stage 1+) is more than enough. Remapped Cruze is like a missile .
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 14:30   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
A good ECU tune (Stage 1+) is more than enough. Remapped Cruze is like a missile .
Any suggestions on which tuner would be best for a Cruze considering experience with the 2.0 TD engines?
Old 2nd January 2021, 15:42   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Any suggestions on which tuner would be best for a Cruze considering experience with the 2.0 TD engines?
Most of the tuners have decent remaps. Choose based on your convenience / pricing. Options are Wolf, TOT, Quantum, Code 6 etc.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 13:13   #364
BHPian

Please suggest a good ECU tuning/tuner option for Ford Fiesta 1.6 S (2008). Mainly looking to tune the mid range, where it lags.
Old 12th January 2021, 14:09   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Please suggest a good ECU tuning/tuner option for Ford Fiesta 1.6 S (2008). Mainly looking to tune the mid range, where it lags.
You can check with Wolf Moto for ECU remap. I had seen on their FB page couple of weeks back that they have tuned and even did dyno run of Fiesta 1.6 .
Old 12th January 2021, 14:34   #366
Senior - BHPian

Should I invest in a better air filter with a Stage1 remap? Will it provide any tangible benefits or it will be mostly that mental feel that car is breathing nicely?

The car in question is Verna 1.6D Wolf Stage1 remapped with figures close to 160bhp/320Nm as per tuner.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th January 2021 at 14:53.
Old 12th January 2021, 15:56   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Should I invest in a better air filter with a Stage1 remap? Will it provide any tangible benefits or it will be mostly that mental feel that car is breathing nicely?
I would suggest a decat downpipe and stage 2 map instead. Don't expect any significant gains with air filter, may be slightly better top end.
Old 12th January 2021, 17:52   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I would suggest a decat downpipe and stage 2 map instead. Don't expect any significant gains with air filter, may be slightly better top end.
One hesitation I have for doing decat downpipe + stage2 remap is my Torque Converter AT gearbox. I am not sure how resilient the TC would be, when subjected to still higher amounts of torque. I don't have anything to refer in this regard.

Even now it is quite a heavy punch of torque I am getting with all that improved torque after remap + the TC multiplying it when in fluid coupling mode before clutch locks up.

Another reason is that the car is in extended warranty. I will consider physical modifications only after that.

Last edited by clevermax : 12th January 2021 at 17:59.
clevermax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 23:23   #369

Hello people, i went through all 25 pages to find out about any remappers/tuners in Ahmedabad. But zero. The scene here is just so sad.

I have a Vento 1.2 TSI for about two years now. Really happy with its power, but reading about all the remapping fun everybody else is having is really taking its toll. The itch to get atleast a stage 1 remap is growing.

Please help out and suggest someplace in Ahmedabad/Gujarat where i can hook up my Vento and give it some steroids.
Old 2nd February 2021, 11:12   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achalchoukhany View Post
Please help out and suggest someplace in Ahmedabad/Gujarat where i can hook up my Vento and give it some steroids.
I think there is Quantum tuning dealer in Ahmedabad.
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:20   #371
BHPian

Update on Ford Fiesta CLassic 1.4 TDCi Stage1 Custom Remap

Done at - Lap47 Angamaly, Kerala
Remap by - Evotech Motorsports
Claimed figures- 90 BHP & 215Nm (no Dyno testing was done)
Expense- Rs. 15000

Comments: 3rd and 4th gear capabilities have increased tremendously with picking acceleration swiftly than the stock configurations, and could feel lesser lags on lower gears, though the 2nd gear band has decreased slightly.

Have now driven for around 2500kms post remap and so far I feel the mileage also has increased than the stock
The car has clocked 78000 km and 6.5 years old now and has been using K&N Air filters for the last 3 years. Thus the combined results have boosted the fun to drive factor for this car and I'm enjoying every bit of it.!!

Last edited by Bibin : 2nd February 2021 at 12:22.
Bibin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 18:45   #372
BHPian

I own a Creta 1.6 Petrol and wanted to check if getting the ECU Remapped with Stage 1 will that make a decent difference or is it not a good idea to get a NA engine remapped.
Old 2nd February 2021, 20:24   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
I own a Creta 1.6 Petrol and wanted to check if getting the ECU Remapped with Stage 1 will that make a decent difference or is it not a good idea to get a NA engine remapped.
It depends!!

Few NA cars have decent gains with Stage 1 remap. Wolf Moto has done many NA cars and I remember reading about Creta 1.6 too. You can get in touch with them for more details
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:56   #374
BHPian

I wrote to KS Motorsport in Mumbai, they do Code6 remaps.

I have a Vento 1.2 TSI DSG - I inquired about a Stage 1 remap and this is what their reply was:

"The gains on the VENTO aren’t much. I would not recommend to remap that car."
Any idea why they'd say this? Aren't there plenty of 1.2 TSI Polos and Ventos tuned all over?
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 15:59   #375
BHPian

Folks,
I have a KIA Sonet Diesel automatic, bought in December 2020. It has completed around 2K KMs so far.
It has a few drive modes, Eco, Normal, and Sport.
In the normal mode, the car takes about half a second to a second to react to the accelerator input. The shift points are about 2000-2200 rpm range, slightly higher if the A pedal is pressed hard.
In the Sport mode, the car reacts to any accelerator input instantly. Although the shift points are a little higher, probably at around 3500 rpm.

I was thinking to go for a remap where I can combine the accelerator inputs from the sports mode and shift points from the normal mode. I would not prefer to make any hardware modification at this point.

Is it safe to work on the Hyundai 1.5/1.6 Diesel? Is there any issue expected in the long term?
Also, I would need suggestions about tuners who have worked on the Hyundai/KIA's 1.5 Diesel.
I would prefer someone available in or around Kolkata. I hardly see any info on tuners in here.

Thanks for your help!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks