Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-22.html)

Is there any remap available for Jeep Compass 2.0 diesel near Delhi NCR or Chandigarh region to safely bump up power without any harm to vehicle. If anyone has done that to his vehicle please share your experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krsna_ksh (Post 4819396)

Thanks for the link krsna_ksh.
I also wanted to know if anyone has got a remap done for their Hyundai Verna / Creta 1.6 VTVT & how has it been so far. Would be great to know the first hand experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep500 (Post 4819678)
Is there any remap available for Jeep Compass 2.0 diesel near Delhi NCR or Chandigarh region to safely bump up power without any harm to vehicle. If anyone has done that to his vehicle please share your experience.

GT Tunerz Delhi ( Quantum UK remap ) is the best option in Delhi NCR region. Do get in touch with Akshay and tell him about your requirements :)

Surprised to see that nobody has fiddled with the Honda City iDtec engine
Between petes, wolf and code6
Which would the community suggest for a stage 1 remap? Just to improve city drivability

Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak (Post 4821265)
Surprised to see that nobody has fiddled with the Honda City iDtec engine
Between petes, wolf and code6
Which would the community suggest for a stage 1 remap? Just to improve city drivability

I have seen few posts by Wolf and Code 6 on remap of cars with 1.5 iDTEC engine. I believe Code 6 remaps are cheaper when compared to Wolf, but in general Wolf has more positive reviews by customers.

I need some help here guys. I'm losing sleep over the diesel gate fix on my almost 5 year old Rapid 1.5 TDI AT. The car went for regular service and was a gem and I got back a tractor. Heavy clatter, shift points changed, fuel economy dropped (don't care about this though). The entire fun of driving a fantastic car has disappeared.
I don't want to go in for a stage 1 tune as I want the gearbox to live longer and stay reliable. However, some help here would be much appreciated.
Question for Dr. Naren: If by some miracle, the ECU comes back to pre-dieselgate fix level, would I still need the TVS DSG tune? Can I get it done irrespective of the ECU tune?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv (Post 4823277)
I need some help here guys. I'm losing sleep over the diesel gate fix on my almost 5 year old Rapid 1.5 TDI AT. The car went for regular service and was a gem and I got back a tractor. Heavy clatter, shift points changed, fuel economy dropped (don't care about this though). The entire fun of driving a fantastic car has disappeared.
I don't want to go in for a stage 1 tune as I want the gearbox to live longer and stay reliable. However, some help here would be much appreciated.
Question for Dr. Naren: If by some miracle, the ECU comes back to pre-dieselgate fix level, would I still need the TVS DSG tune? Can I get it done irrespective of the ECU tune?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4820927)
GT Tunerz Delhi ( Quantum UK remap ) is the best option in Delhi NCR region.

Dr. Naren, need your help

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv (Post 4823277)

You can contact any tuner and check if they can flash the pre-dieselgate software. I believe Wolf Moto, GT Tunerz, Code 6 etc should be able to do it.

I have heard good things about TVS DSG remaps. They have different stages, ECU tune is not mandatory.

Hi Everyone,

So this is about my Safari Storme ex 2013. Its hitting seven years of ownership and frankly I am not able to find a replacement. Just don't see anything that could take its place in my garage so probably will keep it for another few years and then see what to do about it.

It is primarily used for long trips. Around the end of fourth year of ownership there was this knocking sort of sound coming from the engine which would be more evident when the ac was switched on. Checked at TASS and different people. They all said that It seams that there is some fuel related dirt which gets clogged in interjectors and it needs to be cleaned. Now I follow a very simple concept and that is if something is not broken it doesn't needs to be fixed specially in relation with TASS. The sound was not that a big disturbance. I have been using Adon-D for some time now for that purpose but to avail.

Secondly when it comes to mileage on long route, the best I get with Adon-d is 12.5. I keep changing the gears where it is immediately needed. For cruising I try to keep the rpm at 2k with speed at 95-100. Only once I got the mileage of 13.5 between Mumbai to Ahmedabad super roads.

So why I am sharing this here is to know if there is tuning or remap for my beast which would either help with mileage slightly or maintain it there along with improving the torque or pickup.

regards

Has anyone got their 1.4 TSI 122 bhp remapped? From whom? What is the improvement?

Has anybody on the forum has got an ECU remapped for a Revotron 1.2 Engine of Tata. Was curious to know since the natural engine lacks the power and punch. If yes, please let me know. If there's any other thread regarding Code-6/ Wolf remap, Please share the link.
Thanx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefpk (Post 4863868)
Has anybody on the forum has got an ECU remapped for a Revotron 1.2 Engine of Tata. Was curious to know since the natural engine lacks the power and punch. If yes, please let me know. If there's any other thread regarding Code-6/ Wolf remap, Please share the link.
Thanx!

Is it the 1.2 Turbo or 1.2 NA that you are referring to? Presumably the 1.2 NA. I'd suggest not to bother with a remap. Its a neutral commuter engine that is within its comfort zone in the factory map. Remaps are not going to bump up the power considerably since there are no turbo parameters that can be tweaked. The marginal gains may not be worth the investment of remaps IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by codwapeace (Post 4851665)
Has anyone got their 1.4 TSI 122 bhp remapped? From whom? What is the improvement?

Yes, most of the tuners have remap for this engine. But, I will not recommed tuning for this engine as it's known to develop issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefpk (Post 4863868)
Thanx!

Wolf Moto has remap solutions for most of the NA cars including Tata.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4863977)
Is it the 1.2 Turbo or 1.2 NA that you are referring to? Presumably the 1.2 NA. I'd suggest not to bother with a remap. Its a neutral commuter engine that is within its comfort zone in the factory map. Remaps are not going to bump up the power considerably since there are no turbo parameters that can be tweaked. The marginal gains may not be worth the investment of remaps IMHO.

It all depends on how much "detuned" the factory map is and minor change in timing advance can extract good gains. Few 1.2 NA cars respond very well to remap , yes the gains would not be anywhere close to turbo charged engines. Better low end, sharp throttle response and free revving engine can make the car more fun to drive :)

With BS6 diesel cars being equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter, what is the scope of remaps for these cars? With remaps changing fueling and various other parameters, without a DPF, people who got remaps done could note any difference if the exhaust smoke increases or not. However with the introduction of the DPF, there is absolutely no visible smoke from diesel cars unlike before. Though this is good for the environment, if the tune has caused more smoke to be emitted compared to before, there would be no way to notice it, except that the DPF starts getting clogged prematurely and also might fail early. Now, that is an expensive replacement. Has anyone tried to get a remap done on a car with DPF? The shift to BS6 will lead to people having to ditch the idea of a diesel car if they plan to remap it and the new trend will be a turbocharged petrol. Abroad there are services offering DPF delete, but thats never the recommended way especially if one wants to keep the pollution under check.

Hi fellow enthusiasts,

This is my first post on Team-BHP, I'll try and make my feedback on how Wolf Performance transformed my Ford Freestyle into a Missile, as detailed as possible.

About me : I'm a MBA student and use a Ford Freestyle TDCI as my daily. Being an automobile enthusiast, I spend most of my time going through user reviews and put in a lot of thought before investing in an upgrade product or service. Hoping this review would be helpful for others like me.

Why remap? : Craving for it ever since I drove a remapped car. The gains with just a software upgrade was phenomenal! Can't say no to more power 😁

Why Wolf? : They had a lot of positive and detailed customer reviews. I got in touch with them on the social media. They were quick to respond and answered all my remap related queries. I had some technical queries that I was reluctant to ask. They put me in touch with their tech-team, to assist me further. The tech was patient enough to hear me out. They did not make me feel uneasy even when I had some ambiguous queries. They spent time understanding my requirements and shared their suggestions. The best part was that - they were not being pushy! After this telephonic conversation, I somehow had a good feeling about them and decided to get my car tuned by them!

Remapping procedure : The team worked professionally and also answered a few last minute queries I had. The entire procedure took around 2 hours.

Post remap, initial experience : The engine 'clatter' felt quieter. The low end torque had improved noticeably! The acceleration was very strong and linear.

Post remap, post around 1000 KMs experience : This remap completely changed my car. The engine feels more refined. Thanks to the much better low end torque, driving around the city is very easy, with considerably lesser gear downshifts - in gear acceleration has improved significantly. The mid range is brutal. I do not revv beyond 4000 RPM. Up until then, the power delivery is strong, clean, doesn't taper and revvs very freely.

With such good gain in power and drivability, I expected much higher smoke levels. But no, there's very little increase in visible smoke levels. I always try to lookout for black smoke in the rear view mirror.

My dad occasionally uses my car and he seems to be comfortable and happy with how the car feels now. The power bump is very usable!

Figures : Their claimed power figures are lesser than some of the other firms I had checked. Frankly, it feels much more than that, behind the wheel and I love the fact that my car doesn't leave a big black smoke trail!

Fuel efficiency : Under normal driving, I'm getting better mileage!

Wolf customer relations : Amazing team. Warm and will to hear you out. They even followed up, few days after the tune up, to check whether I was happy with the map. I am also considering going for their Stage 2 package soon, which is as 'soon' as I have some more funds!

Would I recommend Wolf? : YES! I'm very glad I made this choice and I would definitely recommend Wolf to others. If are considering a remap, just talk to them and then decide.

Attaching few pictures of my Ford Freestyle.

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img20200929wa0003.jpg

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img20200929wa0002.jpg