Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 14:59   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km

Big thanks to Sudhir Singh for sharing!

Ford launches extended warranties for the Endeavour, offering total coverage for up to 6 years! If it was me, I'd straight away go for the 6 year option. At 1.37 lakhs for 6 years (43.5k + 43k + 50k), some might find it expensive, but IMHO it's well worth it. This is an expensive SUV with many pricey parts & electronics (including a panoramic sunroof, parallel park assist, powered tailgate, xenon headlamps, triple-zone climate control etc.). Also, the pricing is cheaper than what the Germans charge you for 6 year coverage.

Strangely, whatever duration you buy coverage for, the kilometer cap remains the same at 100,000. I wish that the 6th year got an upper limit of 120,000 km. Nevertheless, very happy to see my favourite SUV get such a long extended warranty. I'm a big fan of these packages & take them for everything I own, including smartphones, TVs & laptops!

Whoever is buying a new Endeavour can simply have this added to his car loan. I foresee price-sensitive Endeavour 2.2L owners not opting for the max coverage as much as owners of the 3.2L will.

Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km-image00001.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2017 at 15:06.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km

That's great news knowing that Ford is very forthcoming with replacements during the Warranty period. Next they should extend the same benefits to other Ford's like the Aspire, Figo and Ecosport. Would be another feather that they can market.

I bought the maximum available 5 years when I bought my Aspire Ambiente and would gladly buy 5 more years if offered.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 17:28   #3
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Extended warranties now available for up to 6 years / 100,000 km

This step just adds on more confidence to the buyers for buying a Ford. They are really working hard on negating the impression that Ford is a problematic vehicle.

kudos!
Intelsingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 20:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats good news right at time when I am contemplating buying a 2.2 AT Titanium version. Will definitely go for complete 6 year package as I know Ford can be expensive when things dont work out for you (I had an old generation Fiesta).

Only thing is whatever money I save buying Endeavour from the canteen, would end up going into warranty and resulting in almost the same price as market .

Last edited by GTO : 11th September 2017 at 11:18. Reason: Poorly typed posts.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th September 2017, 22:39   #5
BHPian

Wonderful news indeed. Thanks for sharing.
I have just purchased the Endy and have taken 1 year extended warranty. Will go in for at least 2 more years.
Only question I have is if the price will remain the same a year or two down the line or will it increase?
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 23:34   #6
BHPian

Great to hear this and happy to see that ford has been listening to demand from customers regarding the extended warranty. I have had long discussion with "Ford India' team in view of not providing extended warranty. I feel they should have provided an option of warranty till atleast 1,50,000 kms. Nevertheless something is better than nothing

PS : I have been provided with a 5 year/1,70,000kms extended warranty as a good will gesture on my Ford endeavour 3.2 because of couple of issues faced by me (this happened in june 2017)
harsha.muvva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 00:20   #7
BHPian

This news has just made my day. Would have been even more happy if the EW was offered with extended kms - atleast 1.2L Kms for 6 yrs.

Now, keeping my fingers crossed for the manual variant.. Ford, if you are reading this, pls bring it back. Atleast give one manual variant in the line-up.
Old 9th September 2017, 00:30   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is an expensive SUV with many pricey parts & electronics (including a panoramic sunroof, parallel park assist, powered tailgate, xenon headlamps, triple-zone climate control etc.).
This got me thinking. Shouldn't extended warranties for base models be cheaper ?
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 09:35   #9
BHPian

This is awesome news, how and where to purchase the extended warranty? Is there additional details available?
Thanks in advance.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 10:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
This got me thinking. Shouldn't extended warranties for base models be cheaper ?
You nailed it. Indeed they should be cheaper, given the less complex electronics, bells and whistles.
Need to be taken up with Ford. Let me speak to my SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
This is awesome news, how and where to purchase the extended warranty? Is there additional details available?
Thanks in advance.
Ford ASC or your sales advisor should be able to help you. Best part if you dont need to travel anywhere to get this. Just remit the payment online and they will send you an acknowledgement.

Last edited by @Chaand : 9th September 2017 at 10:39.
@Chaand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 11:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I bought the maximum available 5 years when I bought my Aspire Ambiente and would gladly buy 5 more years if offered.
Weirdly, when I bought my EcoSport, I only had the 2+2 option but now I see EW available until 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Only question I have is if the price will remain the same a year or two down the line or will it increase?
Prices tend to be stable for 6months/1 year after purchase and then increase as you get closer to the intervals. Ford Customer Care or a A.S.S. should tell you exact details.

But always a good idea to get it as early as possible.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 12:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

It is rare to find an extended warranty than runs into such a long time of 6years, it is a good move from Ford.
However, the cost of the extended warranty is a bit on the expensive side.

Especially, the 5th and 6th year, 93K for 2 years additional warranty is a bit on the expensive side.

For comparion, a Honda City which costs approx 13-15Lakhs, can be had with 4th & 5th year extended warranty for a extra amount of around Rs 9,000 (P) & Rs 12,000 approx (D).
If we take into consideration that the Big Ford cost roughly more than twice the Honda City, then extended warranty also could have been priced at roughly twice i.e. around Rs18,000-24000.
But here, it is more than 4 times the money.

A much better comparison would the Honda Accord Hybrid. The 4th & 5th year extended warranty costs around Rs35,000.

However, regardless of this arithmetic, if I were a Ford Endeavor owner, I will have gone for it, 100%.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 15:44   #13
Team-BHP Support

This is great initiative by Ford - definitely adds to the peace of mind factor.

Ford seems to make some good moves off-late highlighting on the ownership cost/experience. I hope they continue to bring in more vehicles across various segments. For example, a Kuga would be true Ford to go against the impressive Compass.
Old 9th September 2017, 18:25   #14

I am a bit confused with the terminology in the email. I currently have 3 years warranty and bought my endeavour on 16th Aug. So if I decide to opt for extending the warranty, each year has to be bought separately before the 3rd year expires?
Old 10th September 2017, 08:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

1L kms limit should have been increased..Something like for the first 3 yrs - 100k kms, 4th Yr (120k), 5th Yr (150k) & 6th Yr (180k). Anyways you will see only a very smaller percentage of people do such high mileage, but such extended kms coverage will give a confident feel on extended usage.
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks