Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2017, 18:18   #46
BANNED

Re: Injector Cleaning in my Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Thanks. I generally service my car at a FNG. Would FNG's in general be able to clean the job?
Even I plan to do the intake manifold and EGR at FNG. They do the opening and refitting, I and another BHPian do the cleaning and general supervising​.

I don't visit MASS for all these jobs.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2017, 14:37   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Before attempting​ this, first clean the intake manifold, EGR valve + cooler and intercooler.

If these don't yield any solution then go for this injector​ purge.
Hi a4anurag, I had this doubt, will cleaning the EGR valve and the EGR coolers along with it make any difference in the engine performance? Yes, i understand Nox will come down, but the rest of the parameters, say like pick up or smoke or engine noise etc? There is lot of demand for service providers for EGR cleaning in maruti ASCs , but I always wondered why they push for this service when customers complain bad pickup or smoke.
Old 17th July 2017, 16:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

Saw these aids used in our campus to check the leak rate from the injector. These are being developed for OEM's and are prototypes for the moment.

Injector Cleaning in my Swift-img_20170705_100354_burst1.jpg

The below ones are more accurate than the above apparatus. The hoses are all calibrated ones and the cavity itself have been marked accurately. I could not see the actual way in which the leak rate is measured. If I have anotheroppurtunity, I will share here.

Injector Cleaning in my Swift-img_20170705_100119_burst1.jpg

Injector Cleaning in my Swift-img_20170705_100145_hdr.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 19:50   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Saw these aids used in our campus to check the leak rate from the injector.
Saw a similar type on AliExpress.

Injector Cleaning in my Swift-12020077581283758734.jpg

WINMAX Diesel Injector Tester Tool Fuel Flow Test Garage Common Rail Adapter Fuel Set WT04293

http://s.aliexpress.com/uYVj6N7j

God knows how reliable these kits are hence refrained from getting.
Old 19th August 2017, 19:14   #50
BHPian

I wonder why nobody have mentioned "SF 16 Seafoam" in this thread. It is an all in one solution, cleans not only the injector, but also claims to take out carbon deposit in your cylinders.
It is an internationally used solution, however is a bit more costly in India.
It has a lot of positive user reviews and you can see how it does the job if you go through youtube.
The best way to clean any injector is always to dismantle and use WD40 or any injector cleaning solution manually. But for the people who needs an easy fix , Seafoam does the job.
Old 13th November 2017, 23:00   #51
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Step - 2: Disconnect the return line from each injector, be careful not to use a lot of force (they are delicate);
Showed this thread at FNG and performed injector cleaning for my friends swift.
As you pointed out rightly, the plastic T sections are very delicate, trying to remove one carefully, broke two T sections.
Just a hint to disconnect is, rotate pipe - clockwise and anticlockwise while applying mild pressure to pull it out. Just pulling it out, without rotating would break it.

This T section is not available individually. It comes as a set of four with hoses connected and costs around 1600Rs.

It should cost max 500Rs, for terming it reasonable.
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2017, 19:59   #52
bkc
BHPian

Update to my previous post.
Maruti has updated the spare quality, with respect to return T sections and it's made of metal now.

People can buy for their quadrajet and Punto mjd too.

Below are the pics and now the price is justified.
Attached Thumbnails
Injector Cleaning in my Swift-img_20171117_131844.jpg  

Injector Cleaning in my Swift-img_20171117_131822.jpg  

Last edited by bkc : 22nd November 2017 at 19:59. Reason: spelling
bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 12:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Browsing, I found couple of videos where Liqui Moly Diesel Purge was used for better results. I too thought of giving it a try and placed an order for it on Amazon.in (₹741 is what I paid).
Hi Anurag,

It looks like my Ritz has some problem releated to fuel/injectors. There's very bad diesel smoke smell at idle and also the engine sounds very rough inside the cabin.

MSM Chennai is suspecting that the injectors have gone kaput and are asking me to replace them at a whooping cost of Rs 15K per injector.

I was discussing about this with Parag couple of weeks back and he suggested me to use Liqui Moly diesel purge first and then change the fuel filter.

So, my question to you is, can I empty Liqui Moly diesel purge onto tankful diesel during my next filling?
Old 29th May 2018, 12:24   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
MSM Chennai is suspecting that the injectors have gone kaput and are asking me to replace them at a whooping cost of Rs 15K per injector.
Firstly, you don't need to replace the injectors if they can be removed, tested and re-calibrated and that is POSSIBILE.

Quote:
So, my question to you is, can I empty Liqui Moly diesel purge onto tankful diesel during my next filling?
Liqui Moly can be used by directly mixing it in the Diesel tank as per directions mentioned on the can itself.

For extreme cases, there are other methods of connecting it to the Fuel filter lines but that won't work due to insufficient pressure.

A Single can of LM can be used for 2 full tanks. But if your issue is extreme, use a can for half tank and it will still work. There is absolutely no hard and fast rule here and it all depends on how badly are the injectors clogged and there are cases where people have fed LM in place of diesel and run the engine till the can emptied. Hence, concentration percentage is not at all required.

This is a brilliant thread (Explained: The Diesel Injector Cleaning Process)that explains the whole injector cleaning process. Please refer to that for more information.

Also, MASS won't do the cleaning for you. They will only remove and fix the injectors back. Once they remove the injectors, they will take it to a reputed Injection system agency to get these cleaned and re-calibrated.

If you can find out the best ones in Chennai (Like Bangalore has Swamy Diesel Injection systems), you can directly call and ask them. Since they deal with this business day in and out, they may also suggest you an ASC or an FNG that can confidently remove these injectors for you that MASS often tries not to fearing that they may get stuck during removal.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 18:10   #55
BHPian

Hello guys. I have been facing the following symptoms in my global Fiesta (Diesel) since the last 10k kms (odo: 94,000 kms). The car emits blue smoke at the start which persists for approx. 5 mins. During this time, there is a slight "missing" - the engine runs roughly and noisily, along with some abnormal vibrations and a strong smell. Besides this, there is no other symptom, no lack of power or mileage. A.S.S have suggested injector cleaning for which they are charging a whooping 15k rupees. I am thinking of doing it at a local shop here in Bathinda, Punjab. He is charging me Rs.500 per injector. However, since the problem in my opinion is not so grave, I want to try the additive option first and see whether it gets resolved without the cumbersome and critical process of opening and refitting the injectors. Can you please suggest what would be the best option here?
Old 31st January 2019, 18:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Can you please suggest what would be the best option here?
Rather than using additives, have you heard of Liqui Moly's Diesel purge?
It's a bit more complicated than just filling up the tank with an additive and diesel.
But there's a bunch of positive reviews for it online and on our forum as well.

Might be worth a shot.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 19:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, since the problem in my opinion is not so grave, I want to try the additive option first and see whether it gets resolved without the cumbersome and critical process of opening and refitting the injectors. Can you please suggest what would be the best option here?
When were the glow plugs last changed? they could also be the culprits here and not the injectors.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
When were the glow plugs last changed? they could also be the culprits here and not the injectors.
I don't remember changing them. But as far as i know, glow plug issues cause start-up difficulty, performance degradation, consistent misfires and black smoke (not blue smoke). And I am neither facing any issue in start up nor performance reduction.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:49   #59
BANNED

Quote:
And I am neither facing any issue in startup nor performance reduction.
Before going for any kind of injector cleaning, in a full tank diesel, add a bottle of Diesel Purge and drive around harder than normal (similar to Italian tune-up).

See if there is any difference.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 12:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys.
Quote:
Before going for any kind of injector cleaning, in a full tank diesel, add a bottle of Diesel Purge and drive around harder than normal (similar to Italian tune-up).

See if there is any difference.
This is a good tip.

But I would try to use the Diesel Purge at the highest concentration possible and gun it as much as I can . Shouldn't be too hard to resist in that fiesta

If that makes a difference, then maybe you can look into running it purely on diesel purge like how people on the internet have done.

My 2 cents would be to hold off on the professional injector cleaning services until absolutely sure the issue is clogged injectors. As this involves the removing of the injectors, and isn't really cheap either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks