Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 19:46   #1096
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
I bought this container from IOCL HSR.

The Adon D bottle is different than Adon P.
Note that you have bought "Adon-D SUPER" and not the plain "Adon-D".

Read about it here:
Adon-D:
https://www.neopetconindia.in/pro-details.php?prd=MjM=

Adon-D Super:
https://www.neopetconindia.in/pro-details.php?prd=MjQ=

They seem to be targeting trucks with Adon-D Super.
Old 30th March 2023, 19:49   #1097
BHPian

@condor

Are you using "Adon-D" or "Adon-D Super"?

Both are priced same but their composition is very different.
Old 30th March 2023, 20:13   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarS View Post
There is no way to get the desired quantity other than multiple trials. .
I dont stick to the 1 ml per liter. More like 0.75%, approximately. So with 40 litres diesel, about 30 ml of additive.

Adding is a trial & error, with may be 3-4 doses. Reference I use is the remaining additive in the bottle.

For regular use, I dont think we need to stick to the 1 ml per litre rule. Note - I am not going with every word about the benefits in the literature. It's more of keeping the injectors clean, and some benefit in FE that I can get.
Old 4th April 2023, 13:08   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
System D & Addon D are available BP and Indian Oil and are also decent options at slightly lower cost. You could use LiquiMoly for the initial cleaning and to see if it makes a difference and if successful you can use the others for periodic maintenance every alternate tank full
I have tried all that but frankly I don't find much difference in any of them. They all appear to work the same. I use Abro DI-502 SUV Car Diesel Fuel Treatment and Injector Cleaner now. But Amazon is acting funny sometimes. It shows higher price for lightening deal than the normal price.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-amazonfalselighteningdeal.jpg  

Old 4th April 2023, 13:17   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
But Amazon is acting funny sometimes. It shows higher price for lightening deal than the normal price.
Standard tactic. You know what is the best price you have got, and keep an eye out for that.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 13:59   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Nice and vitamin filled Special Juice for the Cooper on its fuel fill today!
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_9588.jpeg  

Old 4th April 2023, 14:36   #1102
BHPian

I am currently owning a 1.8 TSI and 1.3MJD. For both I use additives. For the TSI I am using Proctane especially and for the MJD I use Addon D. I have felt both resulting in better engine performance though not translating directly to mileage.
Old 4th April 2023, 21:42   #1103
Senior - BHPian

The better response makes us dab the accelerator a bit harder as well so net net no improvement in mileage unless you change your driving style
Old 4th April 2023, 21:52   #1104
BHPian

Any add-on recommended for 1 year old petrol Carens too ?
I used liqui molly in my older Ciaz diesel, but not sure if it's too early for any additive in 1 year car.
Old 5th April 2023, 23:27   #1105
BHPian

I have some doubts about what these fuel additives are. Some claim to be boosting octane number, while some claim to keep the injectors and valves free from carbon buildup. Some claim that they will increase the stability of the fuel, in case if someone has the habit of having a full tank of fuel, but don't drive as much so they will tend to have stagnant fuel in tanks for 1-2 months. Do they all perform these tasks, but with different proportions? Are there different types of additives which take up these separate jobs? How does this all work?
Old 6th April 2023, 05:58   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apramey View Post
I have some doubts about what these fuel additives are. Some claim to be boosting octane number, while some claim to keep the injectors and valves free from carbon buildup. Some claim that they will increase the stability of the fuel, in case if someone has the habit of having a full tank of fuel, but don't drive as much so they will tend to have stagnant fuel in tanks for 1-2 months. Do they all perform these tasks, but with different proportions? Are there different types of additives which take up these separate jobs? How does this all work?
There is a school of thought that says that all of this is ‘snake oil’ and/ or a mere placebo.
However, I am happily susceptible to regularly using such things for my cars.

I think it has helped my cars consistently. But there is always the sceptic who laughs at my susceptibilities. It’s fine, let the sceptics laugh. I really don’t care, because, as I’ve said somewhere else on the forum, as far as my cars are concerned, I may actually be a borderline rabid obsessive person, and anyway I always do things for my cars, only to please myself and my cars and no one else.

Coming to my real life experiences with these ‘special juices’;

Liquimoly Ceratec significantly smoothens and silences the engine noise, especially in cars whose engines are ageing a little and have run past 30K kms.
Proctane EVO and STP Octane booster juice actually improve combustion in cars which can appreciate it.
STP and Liquimoly Fuel injector cleaning juice is I think a prudent thing to add once every 7-10 fuel fills because the quality of fuel in India is always a little ‘suspect’.

Hence I will continue to use these special ‘green-kryptonite-loaded-jamba-juices’ as per my wish. After all, I’m spending MY money on these things, be they cure-all placebos or not. Makes me happy hence will continue to use them.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th April 2023 at 06:00.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 06:56   #1107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
But there is always the sceptic who laughs at my susceptibilities. It’s fine, let the sceptics laugh. I really don’t care, because, as I’ve said somewhere else on the forum, as far as my cars are concerned, I may actually be a borderline rabid obsessive person, and anyway I always do things for my cars, only to please myself and my cars and no one else.

Hence I will continue to use these special ‘green-kryptonite-loaded-jamba-juices’ as per my wish. After all, I’m spending MY money on these things
I understand, but what is the urge to go public with all these choices, if you know people will laugh at you?

Coming to laughing at someone, the moment I tell what I have been adding to my fuel tank, people will die laughing. I am getting compelled to share it now. See attachment and story below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apramey View Post
There is a difference in compositions as well as claims made by fuel additive manufacturers. Let us first talk of safety. Most additives available in the Indian market are safe. Actually, anything that burns without residue and is used at less than 5 ml/liter(like most additives recommend) can be considered safe for one time use. However, things start going downhill on repeated usage. Then you have to see compatibility of the additive with fuel tank and fuel lines, the moisture uptake of these additives etc.

If you get the urge, buy any fuel additive and pour it in the tank at the recommended level and use it once. No one will know (warranty claims etc), except your engine.

My experiments recently: I was looking for IPA based fuel additives, but could not find any. Then I used STP Diesel fuel injector cleaner for a few tanks. It pumps up the fuel and driver feels that the car has become more responsive and ready to accelerate. It does not cure the problem of blocked injectors though. You need a lot of solvent to clear any gunk and 1 to 5 ml/litre is too less if you ask me.

What I am using now? 50 ml each of Motul 2T oil and IPA (both procured from Amazon) in a full tank of 65 litres Diesel.

IPA helps in emulsifying and burning off any water from the fuel tank, which is quite a possibility in the conditions we live in.
2T oil is widely mixed with Diesel fuel for FI engines of my car's age, to compensate for the loss of lubricity in the Diesel supplied nowadays.

I am happy with these additives. Have used them on 3 tankfuls till now. No significant improvement in mileage, engine noise or performance, but a reduction in loss of breath feeling while accelerating is there.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_30322.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 07:11   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
I understand, but what is the urge to go public with all these choices, if you know people will laugh at you?
Thats why I am fond of my fellow members in the tbhp club.

We can laugh at ourselves in a light hearted manner, seek advice where needed, follow our hearts where needed (including, but not limited to, the aspect of snake oils and placebos!)

Ref the urge to go public with these choices, Ha ha, that’s a great question!

You could say, in answer to this, that tbhp is more my kind of tik tok or insta or fb or YT. But it is certainly a far higher quality of Private Member Enthusiasts Club.

May the ‘green-kryptonite-loaded-jamba-juice’ be with us!
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-img_9588.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th April 2023 at 07:12.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 08:42   #1109
Senior - BHPian

I have been using fuel additives since the second year of my diesel Aspire, on more or less every tankful. Oil additive at every oil change. Engine feels good, I feel good and will continue the same. The car is 6 years old and run over 40k kms and haven't seen any issues out of using these additives.
My main requirements were better NVH levels and I feel it works in that department.

There is a modern petrol car at home too, for which I never use any additive. However,It is used on my 21 year old Bullet as well as a 72' FIAT.
Old 17th July 2023, 22:49   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I . Let me know if you need any STP products. kickass acceleration.
Cheers!
Hi Coolmel,
In Bangalore is there a genuine seller that you know for STP or other fuel additives?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks