Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 19:34   #946
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
@Rahul
I guess your car must be already running on clean good fuel.If the system is already clean then i guess additives would not have a great impact.

@Coolmel
Thanks for the amsoil coolant boost suggestion, although it made no difference in warm up time,it definitely seems to make my car run cooler.I see a slight change in needle position as compared to before.I am curious to try out their diesel additives but sadly they aren't available on amazon etc.
No worries mate. You shall notice a difference in warm up time though not soon enough. You want to try the Amsoil additives? Or other brands like STP or Liqui Moly?
Old 12th April 2019, 21:53   #947
BHPian

Anyone used BG244 in Toyota D4D (turbo)? Have been reading rave reviews about it. There's also a newer one BG 245 (launched in May 2017 or so).
It's a 120K run D4D 135 hp, a bit noisy when revved up so thought of trying out.
Old 19th April 2019, 17:05   #948
BHPian

Hello All,

Please help me to rate the following Diesel Injector Cleaners in terms of quality /effectiveness:
Liqui Moly, System D, Abro, STP, Adon D etc.
Also how would you advise using the premium diesel with additives in comparison to these Injector cleaners. I am particularly nervous about my service advisor at Ford suggesting never to use any of these additives as they would harm the injectors in the long run. I have 2013 Face lifted Ford Figo with 1.4 TDCI engine, odo clocking at 75k. It doesn't have the faulty continental injectors like yhe pre facelift models, however at idle I feel slight jerks. I still do get good performance in terms of speed and mileage.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Saikat
4x4 loaded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 10:44   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 loaded View Post
Hello All,
Please help me to rate the following Diesel Injector Cleaners in terms of quality /effectiveness:
Sharing my experience,car is sx4 ddis clocked 111000 kilometers.
1)Liqui Moly- Made my car engine noisy and sluggish, did not like it at all.Still have a little left in the bottle and don't want to try it again.
2)System D- Had good experience with system g in my petrol cars,slight difference, not much to write about.
3)Abro-Not tried
4)STP-Not tried
5)ADON D- This is what i have stuck to for the last 15k kilometers, found good difference in the first tank full itself, engine purrs smoothly and just love the way it feels.Hence have stuck to this and not experimented with others.

I recently got myself coolant boost from amsoil and liked it, hence i am going to give their diesel additives a try.
scorpian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2019, 12:54   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Also how would you advise using the premium diesel with additives in comparison to these Injector cleaners. I am particularly nervous about my service advisor at Ford suggesting never to use any of these additives as they would harm the injectors in the long run. I have 2013 Face lifted Ford Figo with 1.4 TDCI engine, odo clocking at 75k. It doesn't have the faulty continental injectors like yhe pre facelift models, however at idle I feel slight jerks. I still do get good performance in terms of speed and mileage.
Saikat
I've heard good things about all and have personally used the STP ones namely Super Concentrated Fuel Injector Cleaner & the Diesel Fuel Treatment. Also used the Amsoil Diesel Injector Cleaner & Cetane Boost. Apart from making the engine run smooth my mileage seems to have taken a hit by atleast 2kpl. I believe all these injectors have different results on different engines. Some work out well and some don't. In my case, the latter.

So my advise would be to experiment and see which works for you best & then take it from there. The STP Diesel Fuel Treatment or DFT is their best seller here. But if I compare both then I'll go for Amsoil. It's made my Toyota into the best possible version of itself. That with the Signature Series oil it's just an incredible experience driving daily. And in that process if I get a km or two less I don't mind. Recently Bhpian Hserus mentioned to me all these additives are snake oil. I kinda believe him & shall stick to good quality fuel. We get diesel with Cetane number 48+ so using Cetane Boost also doesn't make sense unless I'm getting better mileage from better combustion. Time will tell where my experiments lead me to. Hope this helps.

Last edited by coolmel : 21st April 2019 at 12:57.
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:26   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Ordered this Liqui Moly Super Diesel Additive (200 ml)
https://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-Sup...dp/B01INCWL0S/

I have a two month old, 6K on the odo Isuzu VCross. My other car is an XUV W8 FWD 2015. Coming to the VCross from the XUV, the very audible industrial clatter of the engine of the VCross wasn't very pleasing and that's when a good friend who's been driving a VCross for 3 odd years gifted me a Liqui Moly. Put it into my tank at around 5K and have done 1K now. The engine is definitely smoother. The clatter is greatly reduced. Most importantly the engine pickup is definitely better. Have used the IOC additive on and off on my XUV but the difference was never so noticeable. So now I'm planning on sticking to Liqui Moly and have ordered 4 bottles.

Last edited by GTO : 24th April 2019 at 07:05. Reason: Fixing quote tag
ShellZee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 13:21   #952
Team-BHP Support

Any experiences with this, a friend looking for his M2.

The Fuel Additives Thread-whatsapp-image-20190612-1.19.33-pm.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th July 2019 at 20:18. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
Old 30th June 2019, 15:22   #953
BHPian

Guys, please recommend an add on for engine cleaning and reducing clutter / engine noise for 45k run Ciaz Diesel ?

I am lost with all the options present in the previous pages
Old 30th June 2019, 15:37   #954
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guys, please recommend an add on for engine cleaning and reducing clutter / engine noise for 45k run Ciaz Diesel ?
Try Liqui Moly 1811 Rapid Cleaner - Diesel Purge (500 ml).
Old 30th June 2019, 15:55   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Saikat

I have used Liquid moly on my Chevrolet Beat. Results were good but not immediate. The fuel injector cleaner ( don't recall the name precisely). The first 50kms didn't show any improvement. Post 100kms the engine noise during idling had reduced. Being a diesel, during regular driving it was difficult to notice any difference in engine sound. But there was a huge difference in the engine sound during idling post 120kms after using the product. Note - My Beat had covered 79,000kms and it had been 6months and about 3,000kms since the previous servicing.

Regarding premium fuel, I have used Shell V power for my Hyundai Elantra petrol and the vehicle behaves like an excited puppy. Acceleration gets improved drastically.

As for the rating -
Liquimoly > STP. I have not tried the others and hence cannot comment.
Old 1st July 2019, 18:18   #956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Any experiences with this, a friend looking for his M2
Where can one order this from? I am unable to find online options. Would love to try on my GTI.
Old 1st July 2019, 18:46   #957
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Where can one order this from? I am unable to find online options. Would love to try on my GTI.
Try his Facebook page and send a message. Answers fast and ship across india. My friend used and is apparently happy, so definitely worth trying
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:36   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Santosh, are you trying this? I am also thinking!

Also, any idea if the new Nagpal Bellary Road stocking S97? Where is it coming up anyway?
Old 2nd July 2019, 16:01   #959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Santosh, are you trying this? I am also thinking!

Also, any idea if the new Nagpal Bellary Road stocking S97? Where is it coming up anyway?
Yes. Already ordered today

Ever since Nagpal's closed down I've been filling Power 99. I really feel Speed 97 > Power 99. STP Octane booster, I use only when I go out of town. Wanted to try Proctane after reading Suhaas' post in his thread.

After coming down from Hebbal flyover from airport side, take the service road towards Baptist hospital and stay there till CBI junction. The BP bunk you will get on your left is Nagpal's. I've been wanting to pay them a visit (the place is a stone's throw away from my office). Them stocking Speed 97 would be godsent
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 10:41   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Already ordered today

The BP bunk you will get on your left is Nagpal's.
Hi Santosh, got the Proctane and using it? Any initial feedback?

Unfortunately travelling continuously since my last post and could not even check on Nagpal's either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks