Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2017, 23:00   #811
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Went to Patel auto, and they still had it (new stock, from 02/2017)
bought up 6 bottles. They had system G too.
the wonders it works never cease- my car was having nasty vibes at 2700 rpm onwards, and after adding system D, now it revs to 3000+. top speed also has gone up by 20 kmph or so!
Old 1st July 2017, 23:53   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
the wonders it works never cease- my car was having nasty vibes at 2700 rpm onwards, and after adding system D, now it revs to 3000+. top speed also has gone up by 20 kmph or so!
What do you mean by saying nasty vibes? Fuel starvation symptoms? And what is your top speed now?

please elaborate.

P.S: check pm.
Old 5th July 2017, 10:13   #813
Senior - BHPian

Is it OK to let Liqui Moly sit in a full tank of fuel overnight?

I will be heading out for a longish ride early next morning so won't be able tank up right before the journey. Or is it better to put it in only when the fuel will be used immediately.
Old 5th July 2017, 10:22   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Is it OK to let Liqui Moly sit in a full tank of fuel overnight?

I will be heading out for a longish ride early next morning so won't be able tank up right before the journey. Or is it better to put it in only when the fuel will be used immediately.
Shouldnt be a problem. I poured 2 cans into my car and have used only half the tank.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 08:53   #815
BHPian

I'm feeling minor vibrations at idle/low RPMs intermittently since 2-3 weeks. I don't suspect any issues with the spark plugs, etc. (hopefully) as the car was serviced about 2 months back. Based on the good feedback of Liqui Moly Petrol Injector cleaner on the forum, have ordered a bottle off Amazon. Planning to use it for this weekend's T-BHP Ooty drive.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:43   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

I used a bottle of Abro fuel injector cleaner in my WagonR (6yr, 50k kms old) and found an improvement in throttle response and in-gear pulling power. However, 2.5k kms later, I feel the responses have dulled a lot. I am contemplating adding another bottle of injector cleaner. How long does the effect of a cleaner remain?

I have read very good reviews of System G and wanted to try it. But I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Can anyone guide me where I can get it online? Or in-store purchase in Hyderabad?
Is Liqui Moly product equally good?
Old 25th July 2017, 17:58   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
...Abro fuel injector cleaner in my WagonR (6yr, 50k kms old)
System G / Liqui Moly
Hi,
with my experience of using such Diesel related additives in my Diesel vehicle (Xylo), I may comment :

In my case, I found LiquiMoly didnt show any effect, whereas Addon-D, System-D, Abro DFT/DIC, STP DFT&IC do show some positive effect. In some previous posts have written my comments.

For your Wagon-R, apart from System-G, also try Addon-P (petrol), they would be good.

Do share your results.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 14:10   #818
Senior - BHPian

After reading all about fuel additives here, i started to add Addon P in petrol for my 2006 Alto 180000 odo.
It works, it really works. Previously, i had not used any fuel additives nor done any engine decab. After running for initial 100 km with Addon P in the petrol, i found engine noise reduced remarkably, engine response changed to quicker side.
I will check the fuel-km average with tankfull method in this week. Addon P comes in 5ml pouch ( Rs 9 only).
Old 12th August 2017, 15:12   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
After reading all about fuel additives here, i started to add Addon P in petrol for my 2006 Alto 180000 odo.
It works, it really works.
You will not find the same dramatic improvement the next time round. The gunk is out! I normally put in the additive every three tankfuls or so.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 10:28   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

I want to try System G in my WagonR but unable to get my hands on it. It appears as sold out everywhere online.

In the past, I tried ABRO fuel injector cleaner and liked the results. But the result started wearing off soon in about 3k kms. Now 10k kms later, I felt the engine response had become quite jerky. This time I got a couple of bottles of Gum Out.

Each bottle works with ~80L of fuel. So, I added half bottle to a tankful (35L) and drove around the city, redlining it once in a while. Now after <400 kms, I have added the remaining contents along with the second tankful of petrol. I must say, I observe a significant improvement in driveability and the jerks are all gone. However I think the engine used to more free revving earlier. Maybe I should TD another k10 powered car to get a fair comparison.

Question. I drove my car till 46k kms without any additives and was happy. However once I started using, it seems my car is addicted to it. You stop using it and after 5-10k, it starts becoming dull. Any thoughts on this?

Note. I fuel up my car from a reputed fuel bunk in the city and never change. Occasionally, on my highway trips, I am forced to go to smaller bunks where I topup with small quantities till I find a "big crowded" one.
Old 17th November 2017, 10:41   #821
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I want to try System G in my WagonR but unable to get my hands on it. It appears as sold out everywhere online.
Alternately, try Addon-P from Indian Oil outlets. Similar dosage. If I am correct, the formulation is from Elf.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 11:43   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the past, I tried ABRO fuel injector cleaner and liked the results. But the result started wearing off soon in about 3k kms. Now 10k kms later, I felt the engine response had become quite jerky. This time I got a couple of bottles of Gum Out
"Injector" cleaners are best suited for Diesels. For Petrols, I am not sure if they are really helpful/needed. Maybe try an oil change, spark plug change, cleaning the air filter. The rough feel of the engine could be due to any of these.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 11:53   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
"Injector" cleaners are best suited for Diesels. For Petrols, I am not sure if they are really helpful/needed. Maybe try an oil change, spark plug change, cleaning the air filter. The rough feel of the engine could be due to any of these.
Thanks. Right now my engine oil is 400 kms old, the air filter is <9k kms old (but cleaned 400 kms ago) while the spark plugs would be 35k kms old. Out of these, I can suspect the spark plugs only but are they old enough to warrant a change?

I had added the injector cleaner after my last service. Out of these 400 kms covered after my last service, the engine felt a bit rough and strained for the first 350 but I can feel a significant improvement in the responsive and driveablility last 50 kms. Maybe it was one-off or due to change in weather conditions (as engines run much better in colder climate). I will observe for a few more days.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 12:04   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Right now my engine oil is 400 kms old, the air filter is <9k kms old (but cleaned 400 kms ago) while the spark plugs would be 35k kms old. Out of these, I can suspect the spark plugs only but are they old enough to warrant a change?

I had added the injector cleaner after my last service. Out of these 400 kms covered after my last service, the engine felt a bit rough and strained for the first 350 but I can feel a significant improvement in the responsive and driveablility last 50 kms. Maybe it was one-off or due to change in weather conditions (as engines run much better in colder climate). I will observe for a few more days.
I did try System G in my petrol Alto once, but didn't feel too much of a difference. In fact, I got better results with the IOC's XtraPremium petrol. But once the cost difference widened, I switched back to normal. In Diesels, however, the difference of additives is easily noticeable.

You can get the plugs inspected and cleaned at any FNG, just to be sure. But, 35k is not too much mileage on them.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 12:21   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I did try System G in my petrol Alto once, but didn't feel too much of a difference. In fact, I got better results with the IOC's XtraPremium petrol. But once the cost difference widened, I switched back to normal. In Diesels, however, the difference of additives is easily noticeable.

You can get the plugs inspected and cleaned at any FNG, just to be sure. But, 35k is not too much mileage on them.
Maybe because petrol is a cleaner fuel and doesn't clog the injectors so easily while diesel being heavier and more dense, can clog the injectors.

Good idea about premium fuel though I haven't used it in my car till date. I could fill one tankful once in couple of months and see if there's any difference.

Regarding the plugs, I just realized they are 35k old while the first set was changed at 22k only (it was premature). I will get them replaced straight away at the next service (8k kms away).

Last edited by ashis89 : 17th November 2017 at 12:23.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks