Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 22:23   #721
BHPian

Re: The single BEST fuel additive: 1 for Diesel and 1 for Petrol

Even in my 32+ year old Mercedes Benz W123 300D, powered by the legendarily reliable OM617 engine, I would never add engine oil to the diesel.

Stick to Liqui Moly every 3K kms. You won't regret it!
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 22:46   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Even in my 32+ year old Mercedes Benz W123 300D, powered by the legendarily reliable OM617 engine, I would never add engine oil to the diesel.

I have ordered a bottle (200ml) of Liqui Moly from Amazon. My tank capacity is 48 Ltrs (S-Cross DDiS200). Can I use the bottle as a single time addition or will it be OK to use half bottle in one full tank.?
Old 9th September 2016, 10:37   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings!

...The only two brands of fuel tank additives that have been recognized as effective by every forum and laboratory out there are:

2) Liqui Moly - DIESEL additive. German made and believed to be unbeatable by mechanic and owner alike...
I saw that the item is not Fulfilled by Amazon. How was your experience buying from the Amazon marketplace? More importantly, what are the key differences that you have personally noticed with the Diesel Additive?
Old 9th September 2016, 21:28   #724
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
I saw that the item is not Fulfilled by Amazon. How was your experience buying from the Amazon marketplace? More importantly, what are the key differences that you have personally noticed with the Diesel Additive?
Amazon is a pretty trouble free experience here in the UK and in India. The difference noticed when using Liqui Moly always depends on the car in question. I've noticed a 90% reduction in black smoke from my 2.0L VW diesel powerplant in my Skoda Yeti, a increase in smoothness during idle and open throttle. I've also noticed a slight increase in measured fuel efficiency. In my classic Mercedes Diesel, I've noticed better acceleration as well, in addition to the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I have ordered a bottle (200ml) of Liqui Moly from Amazon. My tank capacity is 48 Ltrs (S-Cross DDiS200). Can I use the bottle as a single time addition or will it be OK to use half bottle in one full tank.?
I would use the full bottle and then drive aggressively. The idea is to allow the additive to clean the injectors/ pump during different pressures, the higher the better.
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 21:09   #725
BHPian

i already tried Liquid Moli few weeks back (sourced from Amazon.in) - no effect at all !!
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 08:20   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
i already tried Liquid Moli few weeks back (sourced from Amazon.in) - no effect at all !!
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. More details on the vehicle, and the fuel type will be useful for the fellow forum members.
Old 12th September 2016, 13:34   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. More details on the vehicle, and the fuel type will be useful for the fellow forum members.
oppss! you can check my previous posts on this thread too, I have been trying a variety of stuff !!

Xylo, 2010 model. ODO when trying LiquiMoly : around 1.55 Lac KMs!
I did stop putting any additive for 2 tank-full and then poured LM for test.

I checked my purchase history, that Amazon link shows now stuff unavailable, which I had got LM Diesel Additive for Rs.455 in June'16.

found LM quite expensive, and atleast in my case it didnt show any effect. maybe lower ODO vehicle may show some signs ?
on the other side, I have seen positive effects with: Addon-D, ABRO-DIC, while I often use Addon-D - sometimes bottle, sometimes sachets.

regards,
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 22:18   #728
BHPian

Quote:
I received the Diesel additive today. The 200 ml bottle is enough for 50 Ltrs of diesel. Will add during the next refuel (May be next week). Will let you all know the results which will purely be perceptional.
Old 5th October 2016, 09:43   #729
BHPian

Quote:
I received the Diesel additive today. The 200 ml bottle is enough for 50 Ltrs of diesel. Will add during the next refuel (May be next week). Will let you all know the results which will purely be perceptional.
Update. Added the 200ml liqui moly diesel fuel additive last week. (200ml in full tank of 48 Liters). The suggested concentration is 200ml for 50 Liters of diesel. Driven around 250 KMs after this. Engine feels slightly less noisy and smooth. Definitely shows an improvement in fuel economy. Will be able to give the actual FE during the next refill.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 21:40   #730
BHPian

Quote:

I will definitely try out the Liqui Moly as soon as I source it. In the meanwhile Iwould like to share with you that I have a 20 year old Mercedes, and I have found considerable improvement & consistently, when I add about 200 ml of 2 Stroke self mixing oil in a tankful (70 L) of diesel. The reason why I do this is that modern day diesel fuels have less Sulphur content and Sulphur had lubricating properties, which was useful in the Bosch mechanical Fuel injection pumps of the type in older diesels (not the CRDI). The 2-stroke oils provide the additional lubricity in the FIP and also in the injectors too, without having the disadvantage of soot residue as the 2T oils are ash free. Thus it is advisable to try this out. This will also be found on Mercedes Benz forums elsewhere in the globe. Thanks for the information provided by you.
Old 13th October 2016, 16:29   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
I will definitely try out the Liqui Moly as soon as I source it..
not sure if you have seen a dedicated thread about 2T oil in fuel : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-fuel-12.html

regards.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd January 2017 at 12:09.
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:58   #732
BHPian

Hi All, Did someone had a chance to use this fuel injector cleaner in their car? Seems to be a raved product in States but it is not available in India (online atleast)

https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-20...PHWZ74BV9ADDB9
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:00   #733
Senior - BHPian

I was advised by a fuel bunk owner that even 50% of the recommended dose is enough. Also, prior to BS-II days using additives was almost mandatory to keep the vehicles going at a good state of tune. BS-III onwards they have become somewhat optional.
Old 3rd February 2017, 01:28   #734
BHPian

I have ordered http://www.amazon.in/STP-Diesel-Treatment-Injector-Cleaner/dp/B00PFU56C2, has anyone heard about this brand ? I am going to use it in my 28k km old Ford Ecosport TDi.
Old 3rd February 2017, 02:52   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have ordered http://www.amazon.in/STP-Diesel-Trea.../dp/B00PFU56C2, has anyone heard about this brand ? I am going to use it in my 28k km old Ford Ecosport TDi.
This is a common fuel additive brand you will see at stores in US like Walmart. I have never used this brand hence will not be able to comment on the cleaning ability of this brand.

Most Viewed