Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 11:19   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Any one tried ABRO fuel injector cleaners. I found these products available in amazon.
Product reviews are good in amazon.
ABRO products are just average. I have used the injector cleaners, diesel additive etc . The difference is marginal. Not worth IMO.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 21:20   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Any one tried ABRO fuel injector cleaners. I found these products available in amazon.
Product reviews are good in amazon.
I may got slight OT in sharing my experiences, I have a Xylo:

I have many times used Abro Diesel Injector Cleaner (yellow bottle), and few times Abro Diesel Fuel Treatment (blue bottle). I didnt see increase in FE, but engine noise is bit reduced and bit increase in pickup. Overall, I found the yellow bottle a bit better!

I have even used just few times the STP Diesel Fuel Treatment (blue bottle) - didnt find any noticeable effect.

Quite regular I have used Iftex System-D - the effect is slightly on the positive side, engine is bit smoother.

3-4 times recently used AddOn additive (pouches) available at few IOC bunks - I rate is on bit positive side.

few times I have tried adding some 2T oil in Diesel, the results are quite mixed. There is a separate thread for it to continue further talks :-)

also, whenever possible take the vehicle on high rpm in 3/4 gears and let it "de-carbonize" naturally !
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:55   #603
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Recently came across System 23 from Iftlex.

http://www.iftex.com/fuel-additives/

I ride a TBTS 500 and am wondering if this would be a good addition to the petrol. a friend of mine uses it on his Honda CBZ and praises this additive for giving him a smoother engine and marginal increase in fuel economy.

Requesting the Experts to please advice.

Cheers,
Jimit
Old 3rd September 2015, 01:39   #604
BHPian

I used System G religiously on the Tata Nano for about 4k kms. Odo on 31k km. No effect on FE at any point or any noticeable change in engine smoothness. I'll continue to use it though.

I think it's more important to find and stick to a pump that you know gives unadulterated fuel. That's a more effective way to keep your engine clean.
Old 4th September 2015, 19:23   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
The effects could be psychological. But i am sure the carbon deposits on the valves will be lesser when this additive is used, which could in some way relate to a smoother engine. Maybe the experts can throw more light on it. The difference as I mentioned is marginally noticeable.
Hi Aditya can please tell me where I can get the Sonax fuel additive. Any particular place in Hyderabad which sells Sonax would be great
Old 5th September 2015, 08:13   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
also, whenever possible take the vehicle on high rpm in 3/4 gears and let it "de-carbonize" naturally !
Thanks for the input. So what is the logic applied when we take the vehicle on high RPM? Is it to do with the engine temperature? Or is it do with fuel pressure?
Old 5th September 2015, 08:28   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
So what is the logic applied when we take the vehicle on high RPM? Is it to do with the engine temperature? Or is it do with fuel pressure?
Like you blow your nose / sneeze

Jokes apart, it is recommended by some at least. Like in the owners manual of Ford diesels -eg, the Ikon. 3000 rpm for 30 seconds. Once a week.
Old 5th September 2015, 18:53   #608
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
It took around a week to reach me.
Thanks Venu Sir for the link. I too bought 1 bottle of Iftex System D for trying on my Swift.

How is it going for you?
Old 5th September 2015, 19:36   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
ABRO products are just average. I have used the injector cleaners, diesel additive etc . The difference is marginal. Not worth IMO.
I have 2003 Model Non-CRDE Scorpio Chain Drive. The engine is not very smooth after running 1.2 lac kms, & the RPM is a little high while idling and so I thought I will try some Injector cleaner.

I used 2 bottles of Abro DI-502 Diesel Injector Cleaner (354 g) back-to-back, each in about 35-40 ltrs of Diesel.

Unfortunately no effect at all, a total waste of money.

I use System D once every few months, and that does make the engine slightly smoother.
Old 5th September 2015, 21:08   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks Venu Sir for the link. I too bought 1 bottle of Iftex System D for trying on my Swift.

How is it going for you?
Going good. I've used it twice so far on the Figo, and the engine sounds a bit refined now. As you know, the European diesels make a lot of clatter on the outside of the car. But the effect of the additive was immediately noticeable.

This apart, it helps in keeping fuel injectors clean. I'm planning a day's trip to Vijaywada next week, so will use the additive again on that trip.
Old 5th September 2015, 21:24   #611
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
This apart, it helps in keeping fuel injectors clean. I'm planning a day's trip to Vijaywada next week, so will use the additive again on that trip.
Great. Thanks your the quick response. Waiting for delivery. Have can charged 600 for 2 bottles of System D.

Hope price is ok!?
Old 5th September 2015, 22:04   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Great. Thanks your the quick response. Waiting for delivery. Have can charged 600 for 2 bottles of System D.

Hope price is ok!?
Yup, that's the price, as far as I remember!
Old 6th September 2015, 08:05   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I used 2 bottles of Abro DI-502 Diesel Injector Cleaner (354 g) back-to-back, each in about 35-40 ltrs of Diesel. Unfortunately no effect at all, a total waste of money.

I use System D once every few months, and that does make the engine slightly smoother.
Since you have been using System D there will not be too muck gunk in the system in the first place. So do not expect anything else to work miracles.
Old 7th September 2015, 11:07   #614
BHPian

I tried both ADON-D Petrol(i10) & Diesel(XUV) for last two full tanks.
I feel that there is a noticeable change in engine behaviour for i10(Petrol)
but for XUV(Diesel) i could not feel any Major change.

Mileage - I could not able to check as the car will be in idling state for at least half an hour to 1hr within each full tank.

Recently brought System-G & System-D from the below online store at Rs.492.
Received the products within a Week.

www.rogermotors.com

Currently they are running with offer of Rs.100 discount on a minimum spend of Rs.500.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:22   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Recently brought System-G & System-D from the below online store at Rs.492.
Received the products within a Week.

www.rogermotors.com

Currently they are running with offer of Rs.100 discount on a minimum spend of Rs.500.
I checked the url and the prices are now Rs 356 and 296 for System G and D respectively. With a discount of Rs 100, it works out to Rs 552. Looks like you bought it before they revised their prices.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed