Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 19:59   #586
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
thats good. Did you pour the entire content at one go ? whats the bottle size ?

just to be sure , we need to mix it with the diesel tank, right ?
Full contents of 354 ml before tanking up full. You should notice a good difference based on how bad your injectors are already clogged.
Old 7th June 2015, 11:51   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Gentlemen, please be cautious using these additives in your cars.
I saw the video and found it measures power boost. This is by and large the ONLY piece of evidence I have found on this thread which is replete with opinions based on the individuals own experience. In an attempt to inject some data into the discussions, I am trying to build up a significant database. I’m using FE as a measure because that is accurate (tankful to tankful) and easy to track. Also if anything is not right in the fuel system, this is where it will show up first. As more background you can refer to my two earlier posts:

Post1

Post 2

I use ADON D on a regular basis at 0.4 ml per litre. With ADON D I have covered more than 11.5 K kms and almost 7K kms on highways.
I am tracking highway mileage because living in a small place like Manipal, there is not much of “city” driving. On highways I’ve found an increase of 12% in FE over baseline. On a qualitative basis, the engine is quieter and sounds more refined. As in the video, I do not find any difference in power output. Also I've found no positive effect in my Honda City petrol car.
Look forward to comments.

The Fuel Additives Thread-adond-update-may-16-2015.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One should not lose one's common sense. I add once every four or five tankfuls, quality of bunks is a given.
Would be interested in knowing the reasons for intermittent vs continuous use. Thanks.
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 20:18   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Would be interested in knowing the reasons for intermittent vs continuous use. Thanks.
What is the purpose of the additive. Cleaning up the system esp injectors. So one in a few tankfuls is more than enough.
Old 8th June 2015, 00:01   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
What is the purpose of the additive. Cleaning up the system esp injectors. So one in a few tankfuls is more than enough.
In other words, intermittent usage is akin to washing clothes model.Let them get dirty and then clean, whereas regular use would follow the prophylactic disease control model, which does not allow the disease to set in.

Interesting options.
Heavy Horse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 07:23   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
In other words, intermittent usage is akin to washing clothes model.Let them get dirty and then clean, whereas regular use would follow the prophylactic disease control model, which does not allow the disease to set in.
I like your argument. This was what was advised by a BP dealer and I have followed it ever since. Prior to BS-III I used Premium/Speed, but with BS-III the RON became the same between Premium & Regular.
Old 14th June 2015, 22:47   #591
Senior - BHPian

I recently ordered a bottle each of System G and System D. I have a question for diesel car owners:

Does one need to put the additive before re-fueling or after? Is there any harm if I put it in a half tankful car?

And by the way, I was shocked to see that they have reduced the quantity of System G. See the picture below of both bottles in sealed condition.

The Fuel Additives Thread-wp_20150531_002.jpg

The Fuel Additives Thread-wp_20150531_001.jpg
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 23:01   #592
BHPian

Does this work with Mechanical Fuel Injector Pumps?
Old 14th June 2015, 23:03   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I recently ordered a bottle each of System G and System D. I have a question for diesel car owners:

Does one need to put the additive before re-fueling or after? Is there any harm if I put it in a half tankful car?

And by the way, I was shocked to see that they have reduced the quantity of System G. See the picture below of both bottles in sealed condition.

Attachment 1382055

Attachment 1382056

The quantity of System G seems very less, especially when compared to System D. It may be an issue with the bottle you have got.

Did you buy it online? If so, from where? I could not find it in the BP petrol pump near home. So I thought it is discontinued.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 14th June 2015 at 23:05. Reason: I have not used it in Diesel car.
Old 14th June 2015, 23:09   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The quantity of System G seems very less, especially when compared to System D. It may be an issue with the bottle you have got.

Did you buy it online? If so, from where? I could not find it in the BP petrol pump near home. So I thought it is discontinued.
I bought it online from automotivesoul.com. It took around a week to reach me.
I just checked their website and it does mention 200 ml for System G and 250 ml for System D. Looks like Iftex is the culprit in reducing it by 50 ml to 200 ml.

Last edited by vnabhi : 14th June 2015 at 23:12.
Old 15th June 2015, 12:57   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding additive just before re-fueling will help to better mix the additive with the fuel.
(This is also there on the bottle in the instructions part)

If you put in half tank, the only problem is making sure that the added additive will reach the fuel and get mixed correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
.. 200 ml for System G and 250 ml for System D. Looks like Iftex is the culprit in reducing it by 50 ml to 200 ml.
This has happened almost 2 years back now ?

Btw, IOC also now has an additive for Petrol & Diesel (separate). I have picked up the petrol based one yesterday.

Last edited by condor : 15th June 2015 at 13:05.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 13:03   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Adding additive just before re-fueling will help to better mix the additive with the fuel.
(This is also there on the bottle in the instructions part)

If you put in half tank, the only problem is making sure that the added additive will reach the fuel and get mixed correctly.This has happened almost 2 years back now ?

Thanks. And yes, it must have happened around 2 years back, but I have not been able to get System G since then.
Old 15th June 2015, 13:03   #597
Senior - BHPian

Venu Sir,

For System G atleast, I used to use before refueling, no point in adding in half tank. As per the information available on the website (earlier now the website is redeveloped) it used to say fill when the fuel tank was empty so that mixing would be near perfect.

I guess the same logic should apply for System D too. The refreshed website now talks about System G extra and System D extra.

Last edited by GTO : 1st August 2015 at 10:43. Reason: Quoted post deleted
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 07:54   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Cross-posting from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Car : A-Star Zxi
Mileage : 19.36 Kmpl (Shell normal + SystemG)
@Rajath, Shell bunk people say that additives are not required with Shell. Do you find any difference by using Sys-G with Shell ?
Old 31st July 2015, 21:04   #599
BHPian

I did check with Shell and got the same response but decided to go ahead. Did I find a difference? In one word - yes.

Here is what I observed :
1. Reduced vibration and roughness at low RPM specially with AC on
2. Engine felt smoother overall. Specially at around 80 Kmph.
3. Improved mileage

On the whole the car felt like a better place to be in after using SystemG. I have driven to Coorg before and Yelagiri after using the additive, the difference was perceivable.
It is worth mentioning that the A-Star is 6 years old now and has spend 1 year with me. It has consumed about 100ml of SystemG so far. The use of the additive after 6 years, that it probably lived without any additive, may have made the difference perceivable.

I plan to stop using it after my current stock runs out. It would be interesting to see how the car behaves after I am done with the remaining 100ml and switch a to fuel only diet.
rajathv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 23:20   #600
BHPian

Any one tried ABRO fuel injector cleaners. I found these products available in amazon.
Product reviews are good in amazon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks