Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 20:43   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

@IndigoXLGrandDI - it is separate for Petrol & Diesel. Pls check the poster.
Old 12th May 2014, 09:18   #557
Senior - BHPian

At one time Iftex was being officially sold by BP and unofficially by IOC. I use it once every four or five tank-fills.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:53   #558
BHPian

I raised issue with Roger Motors and they agreed that it was a honest mistake and will transfer the excess to my account. Happy customer.
Old 23rd May 2014, 02:58   #559
BHPian

I am using system G on my KTM Duke 390.
The bike has done about 13000 Kms and after the 3rd service i.e. after 12000 Kms on odo I started to use the additive. earlier I did stick to premium petrol and thought to change over for a change
I always wait till I hit the reserve and then tank up. the bike holds about 10 ltrs and I add about 7-8 ml for every tank full.
The engine seems very free revving and pick up seems to be improved. (free revving could be attributed also to spark plugs, fuel and air filters replacement in 3rd service). But overall Bike is doing good.

Is it alright to add the system G with every tank full or intermittently once between 3-4 refills?
Old 23rd May 2014, 05:57   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Is it alright to add the system G with every tank full or intermittently once between 3-4 refills?
Use it regularly. Nothing hard & fast that you must use every time you top-up. You can use it with 2-3 refuels, and skip the next 2-3. Regular usage should help.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:23   #561
BHPian

Re: System G / D (IFTEX)

Quote:
At one time Iftex was being officially sold by BP and unofficially by IOC. ....
Later, Ford service centers had iftex. Don't know present status, anyone here knows?.
Old 8th June 2014, 20:21   #562
BHPian

Has Anyone Tried STP DIESEL FUEL TREATMENT & INJECTOR CLEANER in their CRDi Engines ?
Old 9th June 2014, 12:03   #563
Senior - BHPian

STP is one of the oldest and most reputed in the business of additives.
Old 10th June 2014, 11:47   #564
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

My Tata Indica Ev2(August 2013 Model) at around 15k kms started emitting black smoke which imo was way beyond normal limits. So got catalytic converter and air filter cleaned at the Authorised Service Centre. After which it was reduced.

But again I was able to notice black smoke in my ORVM. So when I discussed the matter with the service manager, he advised me to add system d additive(which is even mentioned on Tata website) Link. But on their website they've mentioned that it is not recommended for Dicor engines (I was told that CR4 engine is nothing but Dicor engine).

So Guys Need your advice - Is System D additive really helpful in reducing the black smoke. If not then how to get rid of smoke?

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2014, 12:22   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

CR4 engine is a Common Rail engine, like the Dicor. You could still try it for a couple of tanks, but avoid continuous use
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:57   #566
Senior - BHPian

I also ordered System G and D both from roger motors at just Rs. 549.
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:36   #567
Senior - BHPian

My introduction to additives was with the STP. My father-in-law complained about his Daewoo Cielo being very sluggish. I spotted a bottle of STP (Petrol) at the friendly accessory dealer. So treated that (5ml per litre0. Then on a hunch put the same stuff into my Esteem. This was Gwalior. Then next day driving back to Kanpur I found the engine suddenly very peppy and smooth. My son in the passenger seat felt the same. So tjis was my introduction to additives. Later I found System G and used it regularly. Later I switched to Premium petrol (primarily due to the Octane). Then after BS-III reverted to normal fuel with 'G' additions occasionally. I had another interesting incident.

A friend had a Baleno, known for a lovely engine with a lot of low end torque. We drove to Gwalior and found its response pretty poor. I put in System G and on the way back the engine became quite lively. The final proof came, when my friend got his driver in Kanpur to drive back to Lucknow. The man was convinced that we had some work done on the engine!!

Now with BS-III and IV fuel refining has improved so suck dramatic improvements are no longer on the cards. However, given the near endemic fuel using the occasional shot of G is wisdom.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:40   #568
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Cross-posting one of my posts from 6 years ago, from this very same thread...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1009172

I was a regular user of System-G then, used it as per instructions at every fuel-fill.

And I was exclusively on the 'Speed' flavors of BP fuel ( Speed, Speed-93 & Speed-97 ) as & when they became available.

Yet, this was the ghastly sight on opening up the engine !

What I'm saying is - forget the marketing hype & mental-HP, you really don't know how good such products are until you open up the engine !
im_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2014, 12:24   #569
BHPian

My Experiments with ADON-D on my XUV 500 W8

Key Result: Mileage improved by 12% on Highways

My good friend and BHPian Manipal, has been driving a diesel vehicle for almost two decades. He has been urging me to try ADON-D, a diesel fuel additive marketed by Indian Oil, imported from Elf, France. Last few months, I was observing that the engine of my XUV 500 W8 was getting a bit rough compared to earlier, and there was some slippage in the mileage too.I decided to give it a try from Aug 8, 2014, when I refuelled (0.5 ml per litre of diesel). My practice is to go tank full to tank full so that I get a clear picture of the mileage.

I had travelled Mumbai-Belgaum early last year and obtained an FE of 14.1 kmpl. With ADON-D this year I obtained an FE of 15.7, an increase of 11.7%.

Similarly on the Belgaum-Manipal sector I had obtained an FE of 13.7 kmpl. With ADON-D this year I obtained an FE of 15.4, an increase of 12.3%.

See attachment for complete journey details.

Factors that affect mileage such as load, tyre pressures, AC usage, ambient temperatures, speed were all largely comparable except in the Mumbai – Belgaum sector where till Pune (about 1/3rd the distance), we had two additional passengers and considerable luggage (returning NRIs !!).
As can be seen a total of 1859 kms of highway driving has yielded these results. An overall gain in mileage of almost 12% is a huge gain and easily offsets the cost of ADON-D. In addition, qualitatively, the engine sounds much smoother and quieter than earlier.

I have also driven almost 1000 kms in Manipal/Udupi town and highways. This highway driving is over shorter distances like trips to Mangalore (130 kms to and fro) etc. In this case about 400 kms were in Manipal and Udupi towns and balance 600 kms over highways. The mileage increase was 4.6%. It seems that short trips with frequent starts and stops of city driving does take it’s toll. Also this is just one reading. Need to get a few more data points for a more definitive conclusion.

Disclaimer : I have no connections with any of the companies or products mentioned.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ADON_D Journey Details.xlsx (14.7 KB, 783 views)

Last edited by Heavy Horse : 11th October 2014 at 12:30.
Heavy Horse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 14:38   #570
Senior - BHPian

Anyone used System D on Toyota 2.5L D4D Diesel engine over 6-8 months? Interested to know long term effects if any?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks