Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 00:02   #526
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
I have been using System D on my SX4 Diesel for the past one year and 30k KM. Did really like it and would recommend it to others, the smoothness is definitely there. I drive 100 Km daily in Delhi Gurgaon traffic . Since I use it in every tank I use it at .75ml per liter instead of the recommended ratio of 1ml.
Thanks for the confirmation. woohooo time to buy system D once again!!

Last edited by me@fiat : 5th August 2013 at 00:03.
Old 25th October 2013, 16:28   #527

I have regularly used System G in the past, on my PALIO 1.2 & I must say that it did make the engine feel smoother. Also, the fuel economy increased a bit.

I have started using Iftex System D for the last two months ( around 500Kms done) but havent found any noticeable performance upgrade in my Palio 1.9D . May be I should wait for another couple of tankfulls to see the change. I would post on this thread, further once I get any results.
Old 11th January 2014, 10:25   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

For All those who use System-D / System-G:

How to extract the last few drops at the bottom of the bottle - those few drops that do not come out into the dispenser:

1. Open the cap of the bottle.
2. Take a nose plier and pull out the white tube that you see inside
3. Pour some diesel / petrol into the bottle & rinse it
4. Pour this mix into your fuel tank.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 12:41   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat4Life View Post
I have regularly used System G in the past, on my PALIO 1.2 & I must say that it did make the engine feel smoother. Also, the fuel economy increased a bit.

I have started using Iftex System D for the last two months ( around 500Kms done) but havent found any noticeable performance upgrade in my Palio 1.9D . May be I should wait for another couple of tankfulls to see the change. I would post on this thread, further once I get any results.
You may not notice much difference unless the injectors are quite badly clogged. But using Iftex does help to keep the injectors clean during regular usage.
Old 11th January 2014, 12:59   #530
BHPian

I ride a Duke 390 and normally fill only BP Speed 93. Recently I purchased a Bottle of System G (IFTEX) hoping to use it on my bike.
Now I know that the System G has no OCtane booster and if I fill my bike with normal Petron RON 89 or 90 then adding System G would help me no better in boosting power other than cleaning the injectors and avoids deposits build up.
My bike is 2 month old and has done 5000 Km old.
Now has anyone tried System G for a Motorcycle? and if so what has been your experience and recommendations. My tank is very small ( 10 Litre capacity) and a full tank after reserve is only about 8-9 ltr. Should I use the System G once every 2 or 3 refills instead of every refill (the bike is new too). and also using the SYStem G with Speed 93 I sometimes feel I am over doing it. are there any adverse affects if any other rider has come across??

I use System D for my Diesel Car and am happy with the results.
Old 11th January 2014, 13:38   #531
Senior - BHPian

one of my friends had tried it on his first gen Pulsar DTSi, and he said it reduced the tendency of the engine to knock at low rpm, and generally made it smoother.

He didnt notice any difference on mileage or power
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 15:03   #532
BHPian

I've tried System G once on my bike but I used Servo Adon P later with good results.

See this thread.
Old 14th January 2014, 16:50   #533
BHPian

I did try System D on my Bolero (DI engine). There was no difference initially, but after 3-4 tank-fulls the engine note started to change. After that I have experienced engine to be a lot smoother and silent, and feels nice at higher rpms. Even the idle feels a silent purring compared to the earlier gruff note.

First tried when the Bolero had run: 135,000 kms.

Now have been using it regularly, on alternate tank-fulls. Didn't observe any increase in fuel efficiency though, marginal increase in pick-up and more smoothness at high speeds observed.

However heard from my mechanic that a Scorpio CRDe run on additive (not sure if it was System D), suffered poor pick up and loss of power. I suspect over dosage of additive and again not sure what was the brand.

Heard from knowledgeable folks at a Maruti service station that additives are not suitable for 1.3 MJD. They say it spoils the CRDI system, by forming sticky glue like in the fuel injector lines.

Ford Figo's manual recommends system G for its petrol engines, but there is no mention of system D for its 1.4 Diesel.

It could be possible that System D is not suitable for the latest CRDI systems. I found it working well on my DI engine.

Thanks!
Herbie98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:33   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie98 View Post
It could be possible that System D is not suitable for the latest CRDI systems. I found it working well on my DI engine.
Thanks!

I have used System D multiple times on my CRDI engine - Swift DDIS 1.3 and it has given me good results. Smooth engine and higher mileage. I have been using it for the past 80-90K kms.
DieselFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 19:20   #535

Hi My wagon r cng is 4 months old and has been driven around 8200 kms. I normally drive it on cng and use petrol only for starting the car after which it auto switches to cng when the engine is warm.
I usually fill up a full tank arnd 30 ltrs and use it for 45-60 days. Will system g help in this case. Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 19:44   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, what's the verdict on using Iftex System G on turbocharged petrol engines? e.g. VAG's TSI engines, or Ford's EcoBoost?

Edit: Just to add - I'm happily using System G on my Getz, and so is my dad on his Indica Vista/Safari (System D) and Spark (System G).

Last edited by arunphilip : 15th January 2014 at 19:47.
Old 27th January 2014, 13:02   #537
BHPian

I inquired from Mahindra Customer Care about using Ifitex System D for my Bolero M2DICR SLX 2012 and they said we do not recommend using it. Though they haven't given any reason for the same but have simply said no when I asked them their opinion through email.

Here's the reply I got from their Customer Care Manager

"Appreciate your patience with us.
The additives inquired by you are not recommended by Mahindra."

BUT, I have this itch about trying this product as I have already got a bottle of System G for my dad's Santro (2000) and it is doing wonder's there and having read DieselFan using System D for his DDIS and I am eager to try it on my Bolero as well. After all, I have mostly read good reviews/comments from fellow Bhpians about Iftex additives. So Mahindra refusing its use might be the case of the two companies not tied up under some agreement.

Has anyone used System D on newer Mahindra M2DICR engine?
Old 27th January 2014, 15:09   #538
Senior - BHPian

@jeepster_chd; Not recommended is NOT the same as not permitted. There has been an i9ssue with smoke on Premium Diesels. Try it and see.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 23:30   #539
Senior - BHPian

In so far as the ability of a fuel additive (such as System G/D) to clean up fuel lines, and thus improve performance (driveability, punch , mileage) I think this is subject to the law of diminishing returns. ie. you can only pour so much of fuel additive, and beyond a point it does not help much any more, because there's nothing more left to clean.

Having said that, some special fuel additives are very useful in extreme cold conditions - e.g. Ladakh/Spiti etc, where their anti-gelling capability becomes important - but in the rest of the country , these are really not needed. Not that Iftex makes something like this, IIRC - but if they could it might be an additional selling point.
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 23:40   #540
BHPian

Petrol- fuel system cleaner- Additive

Hello,

I drive a Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXi nxt, 2005 model, run 76000kms. Of late I feel the engine response is a bit sluggish when I put my foot down. Of course this is something to expect from any old car. I was watching Fifth Gear recently where Jason Plato adds a fuel-system cleaning additive, probably ReDex, to a Volkswagen Corrado in an attempt to restore some of its lost horses. It got me thinking. Is it worth a try? Has anyone here got any experience with this? I couldn't really find suitable threads on this topic, so thought of starting one myself. Please advise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks