Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 10:55   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Car became more smother to drive even I found increases in low end torque (this may be my assumption).
Even the hyundai technician commented today that the pick up is very good.
Old 31st July 2013, 11:44   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Indian Oil company owned petrol pump near Agriculture college.
If you are referring to this pump [see link below], then it's a privately owned HP pump called Autolines, and not a IOC pump.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Aut...shtra&t=m&z=16

I agree with you on the quality & quantity part. I've been filling up here frequently and have not encountered any cheating/quality problems.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st July 2013, 13:41   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you are referring to this pump [see link below], then it's a privately owned HP pump called Autolines, and not a IOC pump.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Aut...shtra&t=m&z=16

I agree with you on the quality & quantity part. I've been filling up here frequently and have not encountered any cheating/quality problems.

Cheers,
Vikram
Sorry...My mistake. It is HP pump called Autolines. Just confirmed from my bank SMS (Card transaction details). Thank you very much for the correction.

This pump has a very good rapport for its quality & quantity.
Old 31st July 2013, 14:42   #514
Senior - BHPian

Where can I buy Iftex, Bardahl, STP or similar additives online?

Ebay and Snapdeal has them but I am not sure about the authenticity. Any alternate recommended websites?
Old 31st July 2013, 15:29   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Ebay and Snapdeal has them but I am not sure about the authenticity.
Get a bottle & check if it is authentic. Worst case, you'll spend about 250/-. If it works, it will help you & many others
Old 31st July 2013, 15:56   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where can I buy Iftex, Bardahl, STP or similar additives online? Ebay and Snapdeal has them but I am not sure about the authenticity. Any alternate recommended websites?
Stumbled across this website via FB today: http://www.autotrends.in/ They might have these additives for sale.

Disclaimer: I have not ordered anything from this website, do not have any sort of stake in it, have no idea whether the products advertised on it are genuine or not & have no opinion about the reasonableness of their prices.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 09:58   #517
Senior - BHPian

Bought two Iftex G's from a local HP pump. 295 bucks a pop.

Went home and the first thing I did was add 10ml each to the Santro (3/4 tank full with petrol) and 10ml to the Civic (1/4 tank full).

Took the Civic for a short test drive. What I noticed was the Civic was a little peppier in each gear than before but I could feel a small jerk between each gearshifts. Don't know if it was already there to begin with. In either case, I'll fill her up with some additional 10L petrol and then monitor it till the tank empties and see if the Iftex really makes any difference.

Took the Santro out for a drive and noticed that it feels more livelier too. The Santro however has always been a fun car to drive in the city. No complains there. The only thing that I noticed here was after the Iftex, it idles at a lower RPM than it did before.

Both these cars run predominantly on CNG. So I don't know if the Iftex might really help - but I had to try this product just out of curiosity and I can safely say there hasn't been any distinct immediate improvement. It may help in the longer run though, can't say.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 1st August 2013 at 09:59.
Old 1st August 2013, 12:09   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Went home and the first thing I did was add 10ml each to the Santro (3/4 tank full with petrol) and 10ml to the Civic (1/4 tank full).
Just a suggestion, add the additive when the tank is empty and is at bunk to be refueled for better results. Dont add it when there is already fuel inside the tank. Check the link and see the section Directions.

http://www.iftex.com/cleansysg.htm
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 15:47   #519
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur; Your try and estimate the amount of fuel left and add System G accordingly.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:29   #520
BHPian

Would like to share my experience about system-D.
I have used the system-D extensively for almost 4-4.5 years continuously for some 60K Kms. Too me it clearly works. I have used it in my Palio 1.9 D. Before trying the system-D 1.9 D's engine used to sound harsh and the moment i did 2-3 tankfuls with system-D there was a noticeable change in the engine tone. It was sounded more quite and more eager to do high RPM. I used it every time while doing the tankful. But always made sure that i would pour it into the tank before filling the diesel so that it gets mixed really well. couple of times i could not source the system-D and had to run the car without it and believe me I could feel the difference easily.

where as i am not sure if i can use with the 1.3 MJD engine. If any one could help then on that front it would be great.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:43   #521
BANNED

What additive would you suggest for diesel swift?

I am looking for something which can boost the power of my 75000 kms done swift.
Old 1st August 2013, 22:06   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
What additive would you suggest for diesel swift?

I am looking for something which can boost the power of my 75000 kms done swift.
Additives will not boost the power. You could try piggy-back chips like the dieseltronic or Pete's, though.
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:49   #523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Additives will not boost the power. You could try piggy-back chips like the dieseltronic or Pete's, though.
actually what i had in mind was different ,smooth operation of engine is what i wanted.some thing to remove carbon deposits ect...

I remember doing an engine overhaul for our 1lakh run santro without opening the engine.after that the power and pick up was thousand times better.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:02   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
where as i am not sure if i can use with the 1.3 MJD engine. If any one could help then on that front it would be great.
Guys anyone? Did anyone ever tried system-d on 1.3 Mjd?
Old 5th August 2013, 00:01   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Guys anyone? Did anyone ever tried system-d on 1.3 Mjd?
I have been using System D on my SX4 Diesel for the past one year and 30k KM. Did really like it and would recommend it to others, the smoothness is definitely there. I drive 100 Km daily in Delhi Gurgaon traffic . Since I use it in every tank I use it at .75ml per liter instead of the recommended ratio of 1ml.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks