Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 19:37   #496
Team-BHP Support

re: The fuel additives thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I find a higher ratio (1 ml/litre) tends to reduce FE slightly with no gain in power or smoothness.
This I haven't tried so far. I'll check surely.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:38   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hi, System-G/-D is not available at fuel pumps. You need to pick it up from shops selling automotive spares, engine oils etc. It's widely available all over Delhi.
Any particular shop that you can point me to, would be greatly helpful. Tried researching the internet but nothing came up.
Old 16th March 2013, 19:49   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Any particular shop that you can point me to, would be greatly helpful. Tried researching the internet but nothing came up.
I pick up my supply from him. You could also get it from this shop, or from pretty much any spare parts shop in the city.
Old 24th March 2013, 11:28   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Tried inquiring about System D in few petrol pumps in Delhi with no success. Can someone from Delhi confirm its availability ?
I just bought system D a week ago from Pushpanjali Petrol Pump, Vasant Kunj. Next to Hotel Grand and the Malls.

Styler
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 12:24   #500
BHPian

Hello All

Bhpians who live in NCR can get the system G and D from nehru place BP petrol pump . Its the one which sells 97 octane petrol as well .
Old 24th March 2013, 16:50   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
I just bought system D a week ago from Pushpanjali Petrol Pump, Vasant Kunj. Next to Hotel Grand and the Malls.

Styler
Thanks a lot, bought it today. Also got the pollution check done with validity of one year.

EDIT: One more fact that i noticed while reading the back of the System D bottle, it is written Bharat + IFTEX and the logo of Bharat Petroleum, so looks like they have some kind of marketing deal with Bharat or have a manufacturing tie-up, that is the reason it is not available across all the fuel stations, obviously BP will like to market it through their own network and neither other Petroleum companies will accept it to be sold at their pumps.

Last edited by rajeshchand : 24th March 2013 at 16:57. Reason: Additional facts...
Old 24th March 2013, 17:14   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, bought it today. Also got the pollution check done with validity of one year.

EDIT: One more fact that i noticed while reading the back of the System D bottle, it is written Bharat + IFTEX and the logo of Bharat Petroleum, so looks like they have some kind of marketing deal with Bharat or have a manufacturing tie-up, that is the reason it is not available across all the fuel stations, obviously BP will like to market it through their own network and neither other Petroleum companies will accept it to be sold at their pumps.
Pollution check for 1 year. How is that ? Normally they give a PUC certificate for 3 months.
Old 24th March 2013, 23:31   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Pollution check for 1 year. How is that ? Normally they give a PUC certificate for 3 months.
Recently Government has changed the regulations for validity from 3 months to one year. I read it in the newspaper couple of weeks back and i checked the PUC certificate issued, it clearly states a validity of one year.
Old 25th March 2013, 00:39   #504
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently Government has changed the regulations for validity from 3 months to one year. I read it in the newspaper couple of weeks back and i checked the PUC certificate issued, it clearly states a validity of one year.
Isn't that only for vehicles registered after March 2010, because I got 3 months validity for my BS-IV Ritz today.
Old 25th March 2013, 07:14   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
.. because I got 3 months validity for my BS-IV Ritz today.
WHy 3 months ? Standard has been 6 months.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 08:08   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Isn't that only for vehicles registered after March 2010, because I got 3 months validity for my BS-IV Ritz today.
Very correct, mine is March 2012 registered vehicle and that makes sense now. Also the validity of 3 months in in NCR, but you go out of Delhi and especially to southern states the validity changes to 6 months, i believe this has more to do with the states own individual Motor Vehicles Act.

EDIT: This is off-topic here, there is a raging discussion here

Last edited by rajeshchand : 25th March 2013 at 08:12. Reason: Shifting the discussion to the correct thread...
Old 30th July 2013, 13:52   #507
Senior - BHPian

The idling of my getz became a little rough and the performance reduced recently. I added some System G which has been lying with me and the idling and acceleration are close to normal after driving for 25 kms. I am very impressed with the product. Hope the gains will sustain for sometime with a couple of tankfulls. The car has run 55k kms.

I had read some very good reviews about Techron and System G seems to be formulated from the same brand.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 30th July 2013 at 13:53.
Old 30th July 2013, 14:22   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The idling of my getz became a little rough and the performance reduced recently. I added some System G which has been lying with me and the idling and acceleration are close to normal after driving for 25 kms. I am very impressed with the product. Hope the gains will sustain for sometime with a couple of tankfulls. The car has run 55k kms.

I had read some very good reviews about Techron and System G seems to be formulated from the same brand.
I had a very good experience with system G . I used this product in my Getz Prime 1.1 liter for 3 years. Never ever had an issue. Car became more smother to drive even I found increases in low end torque (this may be my assumption).

Last edited by KALINGA : 30th July 2013 at 14:25.
Old 30th July 2013, 16:34   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I had a very good experience with system G . I used this product in my Getz Prime 1.1 liter for 3 years. Never ever had an issue. Car became more smother to drive even I found increases in low end torque (this may be my assumption).
Hi Kalinga,

Any idea which pumps are selling it near to aundh, wakad area.

Regards,
Shabbir
Old 30th July 2013, 16:47   #510
BHPian

Indian Oil company owned petrol pump near Agriculture college . When you are coming from F.C Road exit towards Pune Central / E-Squre, the pump is on left side (Where the over bridge ends). It is the big one. Also the fuel quality & quantity is also good. I am refilling here all my cars from last 5-6 years. Never have any fraud / quality issue.

Edit: Even this pump have additives for the bike as well. I am currently using it in my Yamaha FZ-16

Last edited by KALINGA : 30th July 2013 at 16:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks