Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:26   #451
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Thanks everyone...after much efforts, I manged to find a BPCL station in Gurgaon where they keep System G/D. Here is the address for fellow BHPians based out of Gurgaon:

BPC Petrol Pump
Institutional Area, Sector 41, Gurgaon, Haryana, India

Going to post my first hand reviews after I am done with tank that I filled up today with normal petrol and a 2 ml/liter quantity of System G :-)
dharmeshmahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 10:36   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
Going to post my first hand reviews after I am done with tank that I filled up today with normal petrol and a 2 ml/liter quantity of System G :-)
I suggest that you please add @ 1ml/litre. At least please follow according to the usage instruction on the label of the bottle and do not forget to add System G before filling your fuel tank.

Last edited by n_aditya : 4th May 2012 at 11:03. Reason: quote tags fixed
rahul4640 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 11:05   #453
Senior - BHPian

I have used System G even before Premium became available in Kanpur. Now I add it only once every four to five tank fills. I normally add it after filling, since Kanpur roads can b trusted to mix it well!
Old 10th May 2012, 01:01   #454
BHPian

Here are some first hand experiences...though I just drove for 40 kms till now after charging my Indica Xeta GLS 1.2 tank with System-G. Can't wait to share visible changes that are being felt...very excited to see overall improvements when I am done with current fill

- Engine response improved to beyond imagination levels
- I don't feel like I am driving the same car. Overall feel has improved dramatically
- Engine sound has changed even though I wonder whether that is possible within 40 kms of drive on a fuel blended with System G
- Acceleration improved. Probably as there are no jerks and gasping for air kind of situation, car is responding well when I hit the peddle.

Being a Chemical Engineer myself, I am very impressed with the formulation that goes into Intex System G. You get all such improvements for such a low investment. And by the way, I know BHPians will suggest not to do so again ,I added more than recommended dosage of System G. I actually added half bottle of System G (That is around 100 ml as bottle is of 200 ml) in my empty tank before filling it up. Major reason were 1) Car was really gasping before I added System G, and I was thinking to get injector cleaned or check the HT cables 2.) It is impossible to fill your Indica Xeta tank with measured quantity (10 ml) of System G using the small inbuilt cup which is mounted on System G bottle. Guy who filled petrol and saw me struggling also tried to help and shared that it is easier to do so in a Maruti or Santro than in a Xeta, probably because of the design of Petrol filler cap.

More inputs will come once I am done with current fill.

Cheers,
Dharmesh
Old 10th May 2012, 06:50   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dharmesh, good to see the Sys-G working in your car. A couple of points:

As a chem engineer, I thought you would also understand that more than recommended quantity will not really help !!

An easy way to add Sys-G:
1. Un-screw cap- only upto the point where it can be pulled out from the top of the bottle. Do Not remove the cap - let it be there itself.
2. You will now be holding the bottle in one hand & the cap in the other.
3. For easier dispensing (as in next steps), hold the bottle at eye level.
4. Continue same position as in #2.
5. Squeeze the bottle to get desired quantity of Sys-G from inside the bottle into the neck area.
6. When you have the required quanity in the neck of the bottle, take the cap off the bottle, and pour into tank.
7. Repeat steps 4, 5, 6 till you have added required quantity.

The idea of #2 or #4 is that, this allows a gap between the cap & the bottle where air can flow. This will help expel air when the Sys-G comes out of the bottle into the neck. Also, by keeping the cap on the bottle, there is no chance of the liquid squirting outside.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 08:12   #456
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what Condor said.

Its a relatively easy job to measure the amount to System G to be added before filling the petrol. Even the attendant at the filling station where I get the refuel done is well versed with the bottle and he knows the amount to be added too (10ml/10 ltrs).
Old 10th May 2012, 09:54   #457
Senior - BHPian

@dharmeshmahajan; When you add any additive for the first time the effect is dramatic. I did it to my Carb Esteem and to my father in law's Cielo (both STP products). Driving back in the Esteem in about 15km we found that we had a far smoother and more powerful engine.

Later we found a similar result with Premium. We went to Gwalior in a friend's Baleno. I thought the engine was pretty dead. We tanked up with Speed. On the wat back it was superb. When his driver came to Kanput to drive him back, he asked,'Saab aap nein Engine mein kuch kaam karwaya hai?" This sums it up.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 09:59   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@dharmeshmahajan; When you add any additive for the first time the effect is dramatic.
And after that it's a cleaner engine. We will not notice the difference whether we use it or not:

1. If you continue to use it, the cleaned effect continues.
2. If you dont continue, the degradation is gradual.

In either case, the change or lack of change is too gradual to notice. But if we stop using it for a few months and let things build up, and later use Sys-G / Sys-D again, the engine will again show the effect of using this.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 11:40   #459
Senior - BHPian

I have been using System G very regularly. Initially, it does take quite a bit of time to see positive results. IT took atleast 3-4 tank full on my 2003 Maruti 800

Bardahl Injector Klene, I used it on my 2002 Palio Adventure. The results were magical. With one full tank, I see engine to be very smooth, mileage to have increased by 0.5km (0.5km is huge on an adventure which usually gives only 8 in city), pickup is a lot better now.

It was also used on my collegues Spark, couple of 1.2 Palios and a Matiz. Every one were more satisfied with this than System G. The minimum the other cars saw was a smoother engine and improved pickup.

Mind you, the results I am talking about is after finishing Injector Klene and then the subsequent tank fulls.
Old 10th May 2012, 14:21   #460
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Dharmesh, good to see the Sys-G working in your car. A couple of points:
================
The idea of #2 or #4 is that, this allows a gap between the cap & the bottle where air can flow. This will help expel air when the Sys-G comes out of the bottle into the neck. Also, by keeping the cap on the bottle, there is no chance of the liquid squirting outside.
Dear Condor, I tried that first as its simple and it is what I already do when I use the "AM PM Mouth Wash" for rinsing my mouth before I hit the bed. No rocket science involved. Problem is not with the System G's bottle or the small dispenser. Problem lies with the way Petrol Filler Cap and neck installation is done on a Indica Xeta. Have a look at it and try to follow your own method if one of your friend have this car and you will realize that you spill more than what you really add into the tank. I have filled petrol in many other cars before but Filler neck is way deep in the body in case of Xeta.

And regarding the recommended quantity, I think I followed the common wisdom that use slightly more dishwasher in a dish which is more oily because you never cleaned it after cooking You use more detergent first time and you see it sparkling clean. Next time when you cook in same pan, you don't need to use same quantity of dishwasher. Analogy is applicable for my car's fuel system which was never treated with such a additive earlier. I do ensure that car is serviced always on time at a reputed TASS but since I am yet to touch 30,000 KM mark so never thought of decarb or tank cleaning or injector cleaning. And I don't want anyone to get into the engine or play with stock installation unless I know them well or see them recommended by fellow BHPians. Thanks anyways.

I agree with @sgiitk that car may fall in first love when it see the additive for the first time

Thanks to everyone for their kind advise. I would have jumped into spending more money by getting Decarb done or injector cleaned or HT cables changed but your kind advise saved my effort and money

Regards,
Dharmesh

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2012 at 14:32. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.
Old 16th June 2012, 19:53   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
Have a look at it and try to follow your own method if one of your friend have this car and you will realize that you spill more than what you really add into the tank. I have filled petrol in many other cars before but Filler neck is way deep in the body in case of Xeta.
You actually dont have to carry the Additive bottle to the pump. Just get a small clean empty bottle which you think is more comfortable to pour the additive, measure the additive at home based on the fuel quantity you are going to fill and then in one go just pour the whole quantity into the tank, instead of multiple measures.

Saves both time and effort.
Old 16th June 2012, 21:18   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
@dharmeshmahajan; When you add any additive for the first time the effect is dramatic. I did it to my Carb Esteem and to my father in law's Cielo (both STP products). Driving back in the Esteem in about 15km we found that we had a far smoother and more powerful engine.

Later we found a similar result with Premium. We went to Gwalior in a friend's Baleno. I thought the engine was pretty dead. We tanked up with Speed. On the wat back it was superb. When his driver came to Kanput to drive him back, he asked,'Saab aap nein Engine mein kuch kaam karwaya hai?" This sums it up.
If the effect is so positive, then why do they clearly recommend against the use of these things in the modern Crdi engines? I understood it is because it leaves a sticky gummy deposit in and around the fuel injectors which has a detrimental effect!
Clarifications welcome!
Old 18th June 2012, 00:10   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You actually dont have to carry the Additive bottle to the pump. Just get a small clean empty bottle which you think is more comfortable to pour the additive
Thanks Dadu, actually I was searching for System G at many places but finally found it at one of BP station near my home. I bought the bottle and tried to charge it immediately as I was about to fill my tank. First timer you know. But thanks for your advise. I was also thinking to have a better option to ensure every ml reaches the tank easily.

Anyways, I am yet to share with fellow BHPians what was the actual root cause of the hick-ups my car was having. One seasoned mechanic opened my eyes....he cleaned the Throttle sensor thoroughly (I already flushed the throttle body some time back but didn't thought of playing with sensors)....50% improvements were observed immediately (Mileage improved rapidly) and then I went ahead with some homework and cleaned MAP Sensor....I must tell you, I have started up highly sophisticated process plants (Vegetable oil refining units that clean crude veg oil into clean and odorless one that you buy from market to cook your food) and played with very advanced PLC's and Sensors but it never strike to me that sensors were actually creating the issue by giving wrong input to ECU. I saw the carbon deposit on them....Car is breathing well now and planning to get other key sensors cleaned by a competent garage at 30K service that is due next month. And I will ensure that I personally monitor this service as don't want anyone playing with those critical spies.

Anyways, thanks for your advise.

Regards,
Dharmesh
Old 18th June 2012, 11:46   #464
Senior - BHPian

I have regularly used System G in the past, on my Alto & I must say that it did make the engine feel smoother & relaxed.

I have no idea or experiences on System D though.
Old 19th July 2012, 00:23   #465
BHPian

Can someone please list a few places where System G is available in Mumbai - especially the city and western suburbs. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks