Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 10:46   #421
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Hello all - can someone advise where I can get hold of a can of System D? I asked in couple of Indian Oil outlets but they were like 'What is that?'....

Suresh.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:23   #422
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Try the Bharat petroleum outlets
Old 11th May 2011, 17:43   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Hello all - can someone advise where I can get hold of a can of System D? I asked in couple of Indian Oil outlets but they were like 'What is that?'....

Suresh.

Nowadays BPCL dont stock SYSTEM D/G, atleast not in Bangalore.
But all TATA Authorised service stations do stock it, try at any TATA outlet & you will surely get SYsTEM D, but you may not find SYSTEM G
Old 11th May 2011, 17:49   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Suresh, which bunks did you try ?
You can also get it from Tata / Ford A.S.S.
Old 11th May 2011, 18:03   #425
BHPian

I ve been looking for system G in Chennai.have not found it yet,did ask ioc,bpcl and hp bunks.they dont have it.

can someone tell me where i can buy it in Chennai?
Old 11th May 2011, 19:07   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
I ve been looking for system G in Chennai.have not found it yet,did ask ioc,bpcl and hp bunks.they dont have it.

The COCO BPCL Outlet on the Mogappair main road. I've seen a few bottles there recently.

Regards
Goutham
Old 11th May 2011, 19:23   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post

System G as well as system purge is available in G.P road.I have bought it in a shop near pallavaram.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:35   #428
BHPian

I have used System G on my Baleno LXI, which I picked up recently with 45K Kms on the clock. Initially before the using System G, the engine use to be slightly rough at idle, after a couple of tankful's the engine is much better.

To improve on the smoothess I also used a engine oil additive from Bardahl and after around 100+ kms, the difference in engine is really good. It's become totally smooth and early morning starts are at half a crank.

So would suggest a combination of both System G & Bardahl engine oil additive for a better performance. Both are available at JC road and should not cost more than Rs.700/-

I have earlier used this combination on my Accent Viva CRDI too - System D and Bardahl engine oil additive and even on a engine which had only run 25K kms, you could still make out the difference, which was for the better.
Old 11th May 2011, 21:51   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Nowadays BPCL dont stock SYSTEM D/G, atleast not in Bangalore.
Hmm, today first time I picked SYstem G up from BP petrol bunk @ BSK II stage (Thyagarajanagar). You try in another bunk.
Old 12th May 2011, 09:40   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Suresh, which bunks did you try ?
You can also get it from Tata / Ford A.S.S.
I tried 2 Indian Oil bunks in Hosur.. I'll try some BPCL bunks in Bangalore, or as said, TATA ***.

By the way, yesterday was at KHT and while chatting with Service Advisor asked his opinion on using System D for my Safari. He said 'the Safari's fuel injectors are very fine holes and any small dirt can cause problems, not so with Indica/Indigo which have fewer holes and larger ones.'.. I didn't understand how a fuel additive can cause problems at injector level unless there is contaminants in it.

Expert opinion?
Old 18th May 2011, 19:07   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
I tried 2 Indian Oil bunks in Hosur.. I'll try some BPCL bunks in Bangalore, or as said, TATA ***.

By the way, yesterday was at KHT and while chatting with Service Advisor asked his opinion on using System D for my Safari. He said 'the Safari's fuel injectors are very fine holes and any small dirt can cause problems, not so with Indica/Indigo which have fewer holes and larger ones.'.. I didn't understand how a fuel additive can cause problems at injector level unless there is contaminants in it.

Expert opinion?
Same was told to me by the Works Manager at Sterling Motors, Solapur that the fuel Additive should not be used in Tata Indigo XL since it will Clog the Injectors.
But I have used the System D many times but did not face the Clogging Issue yet. Touch wood.

Check in the Owner's Manual if the System D is recommended. If it is, then you can safely use it in your Safari.
Old 26th January 2012, 18:11   #432
BHPian

I don't know whether this has already been discussed on this thread before, but today I discovered a major discrepancy in the measurement nozzle on the System G bottle.

For those who have used it, you must have seen that there are 5ml and 10ml markings on the nozzle at the top of the nozzle, and we squeeze the bottle until the liquid fills up till the desired level. I observed that the small mark above the 5ml engraving, which should be considered as the reference for measuring the quantity, is very much inaccurate. It is actually much closer to 15 ml.

5 ml is approximately filling up the lower conical part of the nozzle, till the point where the shape of the nozzle changes into a straight cylinder. I have measured it using a laboratory measuring bottle.

I am not sure why this discrepancy is, but it could be an unfair marketing strategy by IFTEX to ensure that the contents of the bottle are used up quicker than normal, thus boosting sales. I have had only 2 tankfills with System G before this, and am not sure whether the additional quantity I have added has caused any harm to my car. Touchwood!

If anyone else has observed anything similar, kindly share your views here.

Last edited by swarnava.m : 26th January 2012 at 18:12.
Old 26th January 2012, 19:20   #433
Senior - BHPian

My father had previously used System D (IFTEX) for his Tata Indica DLS May'04 which had clocked about 1.23 lac kms before we sold it in November 2011. These fuel additives are mostly used for old generation diesel car whereas since we changed from Indica DLS to Fiesta TDCi and Vento TDi never used it since then.
Even the SA at VW workshop told us not to use it since it can cause problem with modern day CRDi engines and he even told not to use premium diesel fuel as it also contains additives which can cause trouble. So in my opinion these additives should only be limited to be used in old diesel engines only.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:42   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
My father had previously used System D (IFTEX) for his Tata Indica DLS May'04 which had clocked about 1.23 lac kms before we sold it in November 2011. These fuel additives are mostly used for old generation diesel car whereas since we changed from Indica DLS to Fiesta TDCi and Vento TDi never used it since then.
Even the SA at VW workshop told us not to use it since it can cause problem with modern day CRDi engines and he even told not to use premium diesel fuel as it also contains additives which can cause trouble. So in my opinion these additives should only be limited to be used in old diesel engines only.

Oops, i should stop using SystemD in my i20 then! I am on a second bottle.

I have just started on a second bottle after running without any additive for 2000 kms after the first bottle of SystemD.

But i have felt significant increase in smoothness and pick up when systemD is used. The car pulls like a mad bull and can plotter around in a higher gear at low speeds.I dont know how the additive can be harmful to the car,since the additive shows results!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 27th January 2012 at 10:43.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:47   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Oops, i should stop using SystemD in my i20 then! I am on a second bottle.

But i have felt significant increase in smoothness and pick up when systemD is used.
@Sagar, easy there. There is conflicting information on this. Tata says dont use in Dicor engines, but Ford says fine. Ford even sells this at their A.S.S. I have used it in both - my IDI Turbo engine Sumo & the TDCi Ikon. I have not seen any problems.

The ratio is so small - 1ml per liter - .1%. So I dont really expect problems in using it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks