Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 09:58   #406
BHPian

re: The fuel additives thread

Just starting using System D on my Punto MJD - will let you guys know the difference after using it for some time. Let see if it gives me any different mileage or anything else. Will keep the thread updated
Old 17th March 2011, 21:19   #407
BHPian

Thanks guys.Will start using system G and update you all.
Old 19th March 2011, 15:35   #408
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about Diesel engine oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers

1. The guys you call names are the ones taking care of the rest of the customers' vehicles and many dont have issues.

2. W.r.t the diesel additive thingy, it depends on the additive added and in the quantities..now the injector holes are around 50 - 70 microns and diesel is highly compressed and atomised to go through that tiny hole..any impurity called by any name will be disaster for the injector as well as the pump if it is larger.
1) Out of people who have issues, most of them dont know whom to consult and hence keep seeking the service of Authorised Service Stations.

2) The Owner's Manual of Tata Indigo LS (475 IDI Engine) and Tata Indigo XL (Grand DiCOR) Recommends Regular Use of System D with the Diesel.

So my question is Why does the Dealer restrict from using the System D when TML recommends it?

Is any one listening?
Old 13th April 2011, 16:31   #409
Senior - BHPian

What is the effect of System G on a good old carburetor car? Have any one tried it on a Premier Padmini, Ambassador, 118 NE or the older Maruti 800, Zen or the Esteem?

How well does it work? either way, I bought a bottle of System G today and filled my 118 NE with 20 liters of regular petrol and added 20 ml of System G.

I know it takes 2-3 tank full of petrol to be consumed before seeing results. It would be quite some time to get to that mark on a oldie like NE, hence I am desperately looking for the answers.

Also, is it a good idea to run it at a decent speed on highway for like 500-1000kms to get more effective results or the car needs to be driven the way it has been driven all these days.

I also have a Palio MJD. As far as I know, system D should not be used on any MJD's, purely based on some feedbacks I have seen on Palio Users Group. The mighty horse 1.9 D gels well with system D however.
Old 13th April 2011, 17:23   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

@funkykar, if we look at the information on the bottles, the additive is supposed to help by cleaning injectors. The cars you have mentioned may not see much benefit. But I will suggest you give it a try for 2 tank-fulls & see what happens.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:10   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@funkykar, if we look at the information on the bottles, the additive is supposed to help by cleaning injectors. The cars you have mentioned may not see much benefit. But I will suggest you give it a try for 2 tank-fulls & see what happens.
Well, out of curiosity, I visited their website (IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD.), it actually does mention about carburated cars too (Recommended for cars both with fuel injectors and with carburetors.)

I dont care if it doesnt do any good to the car, I only hope it doesnt screw anything

Would be very glad to know the feedback of people who have tried on carburated cars. I, for myself, have anyways taken the plunge. I will update my side of the things once at-least 50 liters of petrol is consumed.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:15   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

@Karthik, it is going to be burnt away along with the petrol. So there should not be any problems.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:15   #413
Senior - BHPian

^ i have not used the systemG ever in the Padmini, though use it regularly in the Fiat. i filled premium fuel in the Padmini couple of times > didn't find any difference.
Old 13th April 2011, 18:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Karthik, it is going to be burnt away along with the petrol. So there should not be any problems.
Thanks for the heads up! I see a similar product on their website (IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD.). Whats the difference between System G and Purge? Is it a better option to try the Purge instead of waiting for results over a couple of tanks of petrol. My main intention is to keep the fuel lines and the carburater clean. Presently, I do face some of the symptoms like rough idling, first few kms being sluggish and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
^ i have not used the systemG ever in the Padmini, though use it regularly in the Fiat. i filled premium fuel in the Padmini couple of times > didn't find any difference.
I would be trying on my Padmini S1, if the 118 NE experiment goes through smoothly. I will try irrespective of whether I see a change on my NE or not. I have a full bottle to finish anyways
Old 13th April 2011, 20:36   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

@Karthik, pls check if Purge is available in the market. Sys-G should be easily available, and easier for you try.

I prefer a regular cleaning than doing it once in a way. One of the reasons I dont use other additives like Sonax etc.
Old 13th April 2011, 22:00   #416
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. Have not seen the Purge anyways. I have got the regular way of carb cleaning done by mechanic. Washed in petrol, the venturis changed and float jet changed. I am still not convinced that the carb is perfectly clean. I thoought the System G could be anyways a win win situation for me. Moreover, the issue may not be with the carb at all. It could be the timing or something else. I am having everything apart from carb being checked anyways. Lets see how it goes.

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions and heads up.
Old 23rd April 2011, 17:06   #417
BHPian

My Xylo is done 21000 KMs and whenever I have asked the dealer about additives, always got a NO. any recent update on this is highly appreciated.

Btw, at the time of Engine Oil change, they Flush first, then lastly also add Additive - all brands are MAXxxx (OEM Servo). Similar additive in other lubes.
Old 25th April 2011, 09:18   #418
BHPian

Had been to the trade fair in RBNMS grounds, Bangalore and saw this:

The Fuel Additives Thread-booster0001.jpg

Does it look genuine?
Old 25th April 2011, 09:25   #419
Senior - BHPian

^^ No!
During the mid 90's there was a petrol additive called "e-oil". Does anyone remember it? I used it for a few months in my bike, could not feel any difference, but my tank was fully rusted.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:53   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I see a similar product on their website (IFTEX OIL & CHEMICALS LTD.). Whats the difference between System G and Purge? Is it a better option to try the Purge instead of waiting for results over a couple of tanks of petrol. My main intention is to keep the fuel lines and the carburater clean. Presently, I do face some of the symptoms like rough idling, first few kms being sluggish and so on.
System Purge is like a flush(stronger), the interval of use increases, to be used once in every xxxx kms but the System G is like for frequent use.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks