Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 22:36   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I dont think it is harmful to use it intermittently. I feel using it intermittently actually optimizes the usage while retaining benefits of it's usage.
How often do you use it? Like every 4th tankful or something?
Old 19th August 2010, 22:39   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Dhanushs - check the Ford service centers. Or Tata service centers.
I had checked PVS Ford Calicut and Kannur, but it was not there. Yet to check TATA.

Let me try. Also, are there any pumps that have the same?.
Old 20th August 2010, 08:23   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
How often do you use it? Like every 4th tankful or something?
As per the instruction on the bottle it is to be used during every tank fill, no logic in using intermittently if the benefits are required for a long time.

I have been using the Sys Clean G every time I refuel. For me the bottle lasts for 5 tank fills (40 ml each time for 40 ltrs).
Old 20th August 2010, 10:03   #379
BHPian

Quote:
@pramodkumar & @Rapideffect - how much have your cars run ?

@RE, how many tank full's of fuel in 1 month ?
Hey Condor,

I have done atleast 4 full tanks since I started using system G. 1800 Kms so far.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:41   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

@RE - I was asking how much has your car run.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:30   #381
BHPian

Hi All,

Is it recommended to use additives in Elantra CRDi?
Any particular brand which Hyundai recommends?
Old 22nd August 2010, 09:52   #382
BHPian

Quote:
@RE - I was asking how much has your car run.
FYI: Mine is a fiesta 1.6S just two months old now. So far 1800 kms done. I went for system g is as it's mentioned in the owner manual and with a hope that it may improve the fuel efficiency.

Last edited by rapideffect : 22nd August 2010 at 09:53.
Old 13th September 2010, 15:37   #383
Senior - BHPian

System G vs Speed

Hi guys,

I have always filled fuel from HP petrol bunks and either filled regular unleaded or Power in my Swift. Very frankly, I didn't find any difference in the feedback from the car and it usually felt sluggish. Yesterday, I decided to just check out the Shell fuel bunk and filled a full tank of Speed and immediately found the difference. The car was more responsive and smoother than normal. Also spotted the System-G fuel additive which was for Rs. 300/-. I was on the verge of buying it and noticed that it was only recommended by GM & Ford. Nothing from Maruti and hence just opted for Speed instead.

Now, since System-G should only be added to regular unleaded fuel and not to fuel which already contain additives, what is the difference in feedback when the car runs on regular unleaded with System-G versus if running on Speed. IS the effect the same or does System-G feel smoother than Speed? I am sure the cost of using regular unleaded fuel with System-G would be cheaper than using Speed?

Last edited by Epic : 13th September 2010 at 15:39.
Old 13th September 2010, 15:42   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

@Epic, if you are feeling a difference with Shell, then you can just continue with Shell - without Sys-G.

They say Shell already has additivies, but no confirmation. (Same case with premium fuel from any of the other bunks). If the fuel already has additives, then adding some more will Not increase the effect / performance / FE any further.
Old 13th September 2010, 15:48   #385
Senior - BHPian

The Shell Super Unleaded petrol is just the normal shell unleaded, but contains engine cleaning additives. If you are using this petrol, there is no need for any separate additives. Further, the blending done at the refinery level will be way better than simply adding some branded additive to the petrol tank IMO.

In fact it would not be advisable to use additives with premium fuel of any brand.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:04   #386
BHPian

Hi Guys
I own swift Vdi which has 23,000 on its odometer with regular schedule of servicing and neat maintainance, i cruse between 40-60kmph speed in city, last fill i used system d with my regular fill of shell diesel and my DDis had run for 435 kms, to my horror it returned 14kmpl, where as on regular shell diesel i used to get 18kmpl in city, things i have noticed
regular shell diesel- increased engine noise, good pickup, better mileage of 18kmpl in city with ac
shell diesel with system d- smooth engine, less noise in comparison with shell diesel, less pickup, poor mileage of 14kmpl in city with ac.
some how with IOC diesel my DDis use to have good pickup but more noisy, since i was not able to find reliable IOC outlet I'm using shell diesel which is 7 Rs more than regular diesel. Dear Gurus any inputs why my ddis has returned poor mileage with system d , should i wait for another tankfull before concluding?
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:54   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

The idling on the Sumo had been acting up - was fluctuating between 800 & 1000 rpm. A quick google search showed a variety of reasons, including FIP, filters etc. While reading those links, I thought why not use System-D, since it had been some time since I used it.

And sure enough - about 25-30 km later, the idling problem looks to be fixed.
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:33   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Dear Gurus any inputs why my ddis has returned poor mileage with system d , should i wait for another tankfull before concluding?
Could be due to many reasons including change in driving environment, calculation etc. But such a huge drop is really not possible.

If you want my suggestion, let the car run to low fuel levels. Fill up regular IOC diesel from any decent COCO pump and run the car for atleast 2 full tanks. Then report, am quite sure you will be happy with it.
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:24   #389

Jai ho System D

Condor,
I had the same problem with my Indica Turbo and in addition to that noisy, rattly engine. After I started using System D, the engine and throttle response is smooth as butter (relatively speaking ).

No perceptible difference in mileage though.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:11   #390
Senior - BHPian

I tried both premium petrol and normal petrol + System G in my Fiesta and I got better mileage with normal petrol + System. I purchasesd 2 bottles from Metro Ford when I purhcased the car in September. Yesterday I purchased 2 bottles from the Bharat Petrol pump near Leela Palace Hotel on Old Airport Road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks