Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 17:58   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Mahindra & Mahindra has given in the Owner's Manual of Xylo "NEVER ADD FUEL SYSTEM ADDITIVES OR CLEANING AGENTS.THESE MAY DAMAGE THE SYSTEM".

That means ONLY Normal Diesel Conforming BSIII should be used.
Any Information in this matter?
Does it mean no Premium Diesel for these cars ?
Old 14th January 2010, 18:04   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

@Pramod, do this :

3 tanks with System-G/D
1 tank without
5th tank - with System-G/D

Easy to see the difference when you resume using the additive.

@Vdiatech - yes. Just use plain ol' IOC or anything like that.
Old 14th January 2010, 19:28   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I find Bardhal to be a shady kinda company. I'd even be suspicious of any place that recommends such stuff. I'd go with IFTEX any anyday.
I don't know why you consider them shady but some how after IFTEX failed to renew their domain name and disappeared from market it looks shady too.
So at least I prefer something which a vehicle manufacturer recommends and is selling through their channel in market.
Not that IFTEX did not see better days it was once upon a time recommend for Open Corsa by GM.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:06   #334
Senior - BHPian

^^^ For good reason... if you know something about the business, and if you had seen some of the claims they have made, for their various products etc., etc., you'd know. As far as I know, Bardhal has never been recommended by any auto maker.... until now, by Tata (as mentioned by some above). IFTEX products on the other hand have been recommended by several auto makers, including 2 wheeler manufacturers like TVS.

I'm surprised to hear that about the domain name thingy. But disappeared from market?? Their products are still very much available, aren't they??

Last edited by Raccoon : 14th January 2010 at 20:08.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:13   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Racoon, care to spell it out for us ?

Bardahl has been recommended by Tata for a few years now.
Old 14th January 2010, 20:42   #336
Senior - BHPian

^^^ For starters, they make oil additives too. Also, they claim/used to claim that car will run great without oil, as long as their additive is used. They had a section on this on their website. There were other claims about other products too. Typical snake-oil selling style. Can't even recall the other issues. But need I say more?
Old 14th January 2010, 21:25   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Racoon, you surely dont expect us to be satisfied with one example, do you ? And that too about one claim they had made. You have indicated that you understand the business, and will be good if you can educate every one else about that part so we know the why & how public are being fooled (if they are)

I do recollect the claim about being able to run with out engine oil - but IIRC, that claim never said 'for ever'. While I have not accepted that particular claim of theirs, I will prefer something more concrete against them.

Just so we know, Bardahl & engine oil additives are OT here. We can continue the discussion in the appropriate thread.
Old 15th January 2010, 01:23   #338
Senior - BHPian

^^^Sorry, but it has been time, and am unable to recall all the points, at this time, that forced me to form my view. Anyway, I'm not trying to convert anybody to my view anyway. If anybody has confidence in their (Bardhal's) stuff, then by all means go for it.

I however maintain my view that it reeks mostly of snake oil. IMHO, the pointers I have given should suffice to raise considerable suspicion.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:20   #339
Senior - BHPian

IFTEX products in market these days are mostly old stock and I searched at several places most dealers told stock is not available. Also IFTEX did not renew the domain name and that gives a hint that may be recession of 2008 - 2009 has taken one more toll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ For starters, they make oil additives too. Also, they claim/used to claim that car will run great without oil, as long as their additive is used. They had a section on this on their website.
IIRC that claim was from another product called Nulon and not Bardhal
Well making engine oil additives is not exactly a crime 3M and BG do that too.

It is lot out of topic but I used Bardhal engine oil additive ( rather SA added without asking during a voluntary oil change and then I stopped visiting that T.A.S.S) for a short while 6000 Km to 12000Km on my Safari with Castrol GTX and it did reduce the engine sound at abut 3000 RPM and top speed.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:31   #340
BHPian

Hi, I never had any issues sourcing SYSTEM G. Although the smaller retailers dont order it, the main (bigger) COCO outlest will most defnitely have it.

For a year, I have been getting from the BP near the Park Sheraton, off TTK ROAD ( in Chennai ). It is very fast moving, the entire shelf is depleted in a month and they get a whole load of fresh stock all the time !

Also, may be they do not have a seperate IT Department to keep track of their websites etc. I have known so many firms, lose interest in their website maintenance after sometime. Esp if they dont do business online or dont advertise online . So not renewing a website, may not necessarily reflect on its production/financial conditions

OT , as a joke (dont take it seriously) , so is Raccoon suggesting that Bardhal + SYNTHETIC Castrol Magnetic together is the best available for superior engine performance ? He He

Last edited by vdiatech : 15th January 2010 at 09:37.
Old 15th January 2010, 10:32   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amit, the old stock of System-G was the 250 ml pack. Current stocks are 200ml.
System-D : old stock ; 200/-, Current stock : 250/-.

I have tried Nulon & Bardahl. Have a bottle of 3M too, but not used yet. The engine does sound smoother with the additive.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:02   #342
BHPian

I have got the System-D from IFFTEX and i have started using it. Though i felt a slight difference, i have decided to give it a long run. For those in chennai, SYSTEM-D is available in almost all the BP bunks, i got it from the BP bunk opposite to Airport.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:18   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Iftex has now launched a variant of System-G & System-D. Unlike the use-as-you-go version that we know of, the new one is a periodic use pack.

System G Extra and System D Extra

The Fuel Additives Thread-iftex-extra-f.jpg

The Fuel Additives Thread-iftex-extra-r.jpg

300 ml packs
Cost : 599/- each (for both Petrol & Diesel versions)

Dosage : 1 ml per liter, as before.

Usage interval - once in 7000km.

Saw these at Prerana Motors (T.A.S.S)

Iftex says you can also use the regular version in between.

(Sorry for the poor, hazy pics)
Old 4th March 2010, 23:32   #344
Senior - BHPian

condor, they've been there for a long time
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Fuel Additives
plus earlier references to it in this thread itself
Old 8th March 2010, 19:11   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Iftex has now launched a variant of System-G & System-D. Unlike the use-as-you-go version that we know of, the new one is a periodic use pack.

300 ml packs
Cost : 599/- each (for both Petrol & Diesel versions)

Dosage : 1 ml per liter, as before.

Usage interval - once in 7000km.

Saw these at Prerana Motors (T.A.S.S)

Iftex says you can also use the regular version in between.

(Sorry for the poor, hazy pics)
Seems like a gimmick, if one uses the regular version, what is the point in using the periodic version.
It makes sense to use either one of them, BTW I use the regular version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks