Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 17:44   #301
Senior - BHPian

deepclutch, I always fill diesel for 500/1k rs. I use 1 or 2 capfuls correspondingly.

A view that has been bought up recently is that once you start giving your car system D, it sort of becomes addicted, and becomes notably worse if you stop using it.

is this true? I've noticed this, but i thought the engine was really that rough otherwise
Old 7th January 2010, 17:50   #302
BHPian

System-G for petrol is 300/- & for diesel is 250/-.. Don't know why such a price difference.

There is a lot more effect (smoothness, pickup) in adding premium petrol than system-G with normal petrol..
Old 7th January 2010, 18:10   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, reg the choice of premium & normal petrol to go with your System-G : Pls try out what works for you, for your car.
Old 7th January 2010, 21:27   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
There is a lot more effect (smoothness, pickup) in adding premium petrol than system-G with normal petrol..
I would second this , my car seems to perform better ( both in terms of FE and response ) on Shell Super Unleaded than normal shell U/L + System G !

I am contemplating the use of System G ( after a year ) now and would go for shell super U/L only.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:26   #305
Senior - BHPian

Is it so that different fiesta react differently on choosing the right U/L, and i always thought that they are mere machines.
Old 9th January 2010, 18:56   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ruchir, no two machines will remain same once they are used. The handling is different, and fuel quality can change.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:33   #307
BHPian

Just completed one bottle of System G on the Corolla. After one tank of fuel + System G (50 Liters + 50 ml) I have noticed the idle RPM has dropped to 600-750 RPM from the earlier 1000. Also felt the throttle response improved and so did the mileage.

The car has done about 77k kms and I guess the System G managed to unclog the injectors. I would recommend System G with normal unleaded fuel. Never tried any other combination though.

I mostly fill from BP.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:55   #308
Senior - BHPian

System G works great with normal fuel also Shell Premium Petrol. Both gave me similar results on Alto and Safari or any vehicle I tried till date. I recommand System G either regular basis or once in a while.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:24   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Jaggu, even my TDCi Ikon likes it !
Condor, little bit more on this please .
Old 9th January 2010, 22:34   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I think that using a premium petrol and using a normal petrol with system G is the same thing cost wise and may be technically also.
Then why to bear the pain of putting system G religiously every time or is there some added benefits as well.
Is there a cost advantage SystemG+unleaded vs premium? What I mean is one litre(unleaded+1ml sysG) cheaper than 1 litre speed?

Last edited by vigsom : 9th January 2010 at 22:51.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:41   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

@Bullboy, I am using System-D in the Ikon TDCi. FE is definitely better with System-D than without it.

Usually pick it up from the Ford dealer, and works for both - the Ikon & the Sumo.

@Vigsom, check it out how it works for your car. If FE is better with System-G & unlead, - and more than what you get with plain unleaded premium, then you will know for your car.

Last edited by condor : 9th January 2010 at 22:42.
Old 10th January 2010, 15:30   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Is there a cost advantage SystemG+unleaded vs premium? What I mean is one litre(unleaded+1ml sysG) cheaper than 1 litre speed?
I think it is almost the same.
Old 11th January 2010, 02:18   #313
Senior - BHPian

Cost of using System G is about 1.5 per litre. That makes it lower than premium petrol.

However, in practice, I think I end up using somewhat more (so actual cost comes out higher), as I have to estimate the quantity required, as it has to be dunked in before you start filling gas.
Old 11th January 2010, 07:30   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

@Racoon, I add System-D after I fill. But my filling is always a top-up, till the neck of the tank. This way even when I add after filling, all the additive goes into the fuel.

Also, my FE is very consistent, so the error is not much in my case.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:50   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Cost of using System G is about 1.5 per litre. That makes it lower than premium petrol.

However, in practice, I think I end up using somewhat more (so actual cost comes out higher), as I have to estimate the quantity required, as it has to be dunked in before you start filling gas.
If I understand you, you are not able to decide on the amount of System G to pour before filling the tank.

At what stage do you top up the tank? Mid way or the very end? I feel the new generation cars would give an good estimation of how much additive to be poured on the tank. (e.g.) On my baleno, if I decide to fill when the needle is at the very end (red), I would land up somewhere around 38-42 litres..

Old esteem were notorious for showing incorrect fuel in the tank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks