Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 10:25   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ruchir, pls scan & post the letter here.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:30   #287
Team-BHP Support

Ford does recommend this product, info used to be plastered in almost all the workshops and showrooms.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:38   #288
BHPian

Could FORD be saying this purely from a business ( more money for their dealerships in terms of maintenance, repairs etc ) perspective or do they give any technical reason ?
Old 30th December 2009, 10:53   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

@vdiatech, do read up this thread (if you have not yet done so) for benefits of the additive..

Ford dealerships would gain by selling this, just like any other reatailer would by selling any product.
Old 30th December 2009, 10:59   #290
Team-BHP Support

I have had good results with regular ioc and system g on every alternate tank full, with my iKON 1.6. Engine used to be smooth and power and fe used to be consistent and a little bit better at that.

With system d and swift ddis it was a disaster and Condor helped me taking it off my hands, for his truck
Old 30th December 2009, 11:22   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaggu, even my TDCi Ikon likes it !

Last edited by condor : 30th December 2009 at 11:23.
Old 30th December 2009, 11:36   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@vdiatech, do read up this thread (if you have not yet done so) for benefits of the additive..

Ford dealerships would gain by selling this, just like any other reatailer would by selling any product.
Hi Condor, I have read this. I also use System G regularly. What I meant is, cleaner fuel lines, valves, injectors, intake manifolds, elimination of issues related to bad quality imply reduced visit to ford dealership, hence loss of SERVICE revenue for them. May be thats why Ford says a no-no this. Profit margin of selling this is very minute compared to the profits dealerships make in service/parts/labour!

Edit: A big sorry !! I mis-read that Ford does not reccomend this. I did not want to delete the above, hence this note in bold.

Last edited by vdiatech : 30th December 2009 at 11:38.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:10   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Tata also advises against using additives - but only for the Dicor engines
I had a chat on using this in Safari with one of the TML customer support engineer during Customer Education Program (CEP). His view was that since, they have done lakhs of kms of testing only on normal HSD, they do not have any experience on ill or good effects of using System-D. The dicor engine has very high compression ratio and more injection pressure compared to normal TCIC, hence, any additive might change the lubricity/ compressibility etc of diesel which may have "unknown" effect on the injectors and fuel system which they have not tested in lab.

His view was to use clean normal diesel only and stay close to the "lab specs". However, he said that few customer complaints were received for injector issues where additives were used. In absence of lab data on diesel + additives, they recommend NOT TO USE such additives in DiCOR engines.

I found above logic reasonable enough.

-BJ
Old 30th December 2009, 12:22   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
I had a chat on using this in Safari with one of the TML customer support engineer during Customer Education Program (CEP). His view was that since, they have done lakhs of kms of testing only on normal HSD, they do not have any experience on ill or good effects of using System-D. The dicor engine has very high compression ratio and more injection pressure compared to normal TCIC, hence, any additive might change the lubricity/ compressibility etc of diesel which may have "unknown" effect on the injectors and fuel system which they have not tested in lab.

His view was to use clean normal diesel only and stay close to the "lab specs". However, he said that few customer complaints were received for injector issues where additives were used. In absence of lab data on diesel + additives, they recommend NOT TO USE such additives in DiCOR engines.

I found above logic reasonable enough.

-BJ
Yes, if you speak to them they all say "NOT to Use" but... no "official statement" on this in their website or manuals, owners using it have found no ill effect on CRDI engines and most importantly, their CRDI supplier "DELPHI" publicly recommends using their own brand of additive with similar chemical composition (posted link earlier somewhere).

This is to clear the facts.
Old 31st December 2009, 13:52   #295
Senior - BHPian

got the Iftex system G from BP petrol pump yesterday, it costed me 299 and i will use it after the first service (this is my personal choice based on some experience and suggestions)
Old 31st December 2009, 14:07   #296
Senior - BHPian

I bought a New Vista QJD and using standard BP/HP Diesel.I think Will start using system D or iftex after some 3000kms are covered(Hope injectors will be kept clean using additives)

My doubt is how do you people fill these additives with how many litres of diesel? I meant I don't prefer My cars to be always do tankful of diesel.Hence, How to Fill the required amount of additive.

Collect in a Big Bottle and Mix the recommended drops of additives and pour ?

Thanks.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:19   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
My doubt is how do you people fill these additives with how many litres of diesel? I meant I don't prefer My cars to be always do tankful of diesel.Hence, How to Fill the required amount of additive.

Thanks.
Hi deepclutch,

I was recommended to fill 1ml of IFTEX system G for every 1 litre of petrol. Might be it's the same for diesel also. please check on the label behind the bottle, the advised quantity must be mentioned on it.
And with regards to how to fill : just squeeze the bottle and collect the required amount in the measure cup at the top of the bottle , open the fuel tank lid and shove the long neck of the IFTEX bottle inside the fuel lid and drop the additive. I do it that way.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 31st December 2009 at 14:20.
Old 31st December 2009, 15:15   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Well, the System D/G bottle comes with a unique mouth. If you squeeze the bottle, the top collects about 5-10ML (with markings) and you can use the required Qty as and when you fill 10,20 liters. Agreed for the 1st fill you cant really substitute for the Lts inside the tank, but as you use it regularly, just fill in 1ML=1Ltr of refill, and you should be good to go.
Old 31st December 2009, 15:26   #299
Team-BHP Support

And a few ml here or there wont coz much damage, i said "few" dont take it as dozen

Fill up the tank and at the first cut off pour in: your tank capacity amount (egs 28 liter = 28 to 30 ml of iftex) and wash it down the pipe with some more of fuel, this is what i used to do.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:21   #300
Senior - BHPian

I think that using a premium petrol and using a normal petrol with system G is the same thing cost wise and may be technically also.
Then why to bear the pain of putting system G religiously every time or is there some added benefits as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks