Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 22:44   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

With such a non-standard tank, I would actually look to you to provide the answer ! Sonax's instructions leave this point open to interpretation, so experimentation would be a good approach to understand the right ratio ..

Game to try it ?

Last edited by condor : 24th July 2009 at 22:46.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:54   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Unlike the System G which went in my Ford petrol, unfortunately it (System D) was not very friendly with the DDIS Multijet system. I have posted the feedback earlier and Condor was more than happy to take it from me for his Sumo.

If you check Condor has also mentioned that System D is not recommended by Tata for its common rail engines. I am experimenting with OWS products now and will be updating the feedback in the thread.
does this mean that system D is not good for ddis engines? i have been using systemD on my swift for alternate 2 months. should i stop using it again??
Old 24th July 2009, 23:02   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

@Joe, if you have been using it in your swift, what is your observation with & without the additive ?
Old 25th July 2009, 05:36   #259
Senior - BHPian

thing is that methods india, the Indian importer has gone and put a ruddy big sticker right over the instructions on the bottle and it will not peel of clean. Neither am I able to find the mix instructions on the Sonax site. Hence the question posted here to see if I can get some help. I guess I should look elsewhere.
Old 25th July 2009, 09:13   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

Problem is, the instructions I have seen on the Sonax bottles is one bottle per tank. If you have a 45-60 lit tank, I would have said 1 bottle is sufficient. But since you have the 90 lit tank, try once with 1 bottle, and may be later on with 2 bottles.

The other problem with this kind of instructions from Sonax is that they dont even say how often you need to use it. Using one bottle per tankful every tankful will mean adding about 200-250 worth of additive each tankful of diesel.

But with System-D or even Elf, it comes out much lesser : about Rs 1 per liter of diesel. Typically Rs 50/- worth of additive
Old 25th July 2009, 09:30   #261
Senior - BHPian

I found the per tank instruction on the net, and I would think that they would refer to a 50 litre tank, give or take. And they say to use it every other tank. I will try it on my tank that's at just over half full just now, having bought the stuff, but I think that this is like taking revital - benefits my mind more than the engine of the car. Slight difference - in revital, given the mind body connection, the mind benefit will transfer to the body too, but even in the most ardent auto fan, I doubt there is any mind - engine connection!
Old 25th July 2009, 10:35   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
(as i felt like an idiot pouring Iftex before refuelling like addting 2T oils for 2-Wheelers)
I know the feeling. I had switched to doing it after I got home. Still felt like an idiot, like dosing my infant ( then ) with Waterburys compound. Gave up, until yesterday, where I fell into the trap of buying a fancily packed bottle of Sonax! Thankfully, I was able to empty the whole lot at one go, so I can go back to normal!
On that note, I also have a very strong suspicion that the normal petrol or diesel is just as good as the higher priced "premium" ones that are peddled by all the oil companies. Indeed outside affluent areas, I would think that the ordinary ones will be fresher because of higher usage, while the premium ones may well be sitting inside the tanks for a longer time. Fuel does go stale and degrade in as little as two weeks of storage.

Last edited by Sawyer : 25th July 2009 at 10:42.
Old 11th September 2009, 22:17   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Joe, if you have been using it in your swift, what is your observation with & without the additive ?
i use it when there exists a small grunt feeling from my car, i dont know how to explain but a small roughness is felt while using ordinary diesel for some longer period. i just use tank full or may be quarter tank of xtra mile or power with the adequate systemD. it gets little more smooth with a little more smoke.
Old 11th October 2009, 20:07   #264
Senior - BHPian

Why is Sys-G is costlier than Sys-D

Just got a bottle of each. System-G is 50% more expensive than System-D. Any reason why? Is it plain marketing or cost of manufacturing differentiates too?

-BJ
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-systemg_img_1055.jpg  

Old 11th October 2009, 21:34   #265
BHPian

IIRC, the chemical compositions are different
Old 12th October 2009, 00:59   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Just got a bottle of each. System-G is 50% more expensive than System-D. Any reason why? Is it plain marketing or cost of manufacturing differentiates too?

-BJ
Guys, dont bother about costs, go to Tata Authorises service stations, you'll get System D 250ml for just Rs.190.00, old stock I guess, but still cheaper than Rs.250.00
Old 12th October 2009, 03:32   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I know the feeling. I had switched to doing it after I got home. Still felt like an idiot, like dosing my infant ( then ) with Waterburys compound. Gave up, until yesterday, where I fell into the trap of buying a fancily packed bottle of Sonax! Thankfully, I was able to empty the whole lot at one go, so I can go back to normal!
On that note, I also have a very strong suspicion that the normal petrol or diesel is just as good as the higher priced "premium" ones that are peddled by all the oil companies. Indeed outside affluent areas, I would think that the ordinary ones will be fresher because of higher usage, while the premium ones may well be sitting inside the tanks for a longer time. Fuel does go stale and degrade in as little as two weeks of storage.
Normal petrol + IFTEX system-G is as good as the Premium "Speed" or, "Power". This is my observation.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:28   #268
BHPian

I was using SYSTEM G + Normal Petrol every time for 8 months

Then I once tried SUPER SHELL UNLEADED. I am getting a slightly better mileage ! Now I am sticking to SHell Super only

Whats confusing with shell super is , Amount spent is same, volume of petrol is less, mileage is more ?

But its all good !
Old 20th November 2009, 15:08   #269
Senior - BHPian

I have been using the System G for petrol since last 3 months. It was recommended by the Ford dealer.1ml for 1 litre of petrol.I found that after initial high revving engines really smoothens. The engine sounds like its in such a peace even at peak hour traffic. I found it good. Though have not been able to exactly quantify the increase in mileage.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:48   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I was using SYSTEM G + Normal Petrol every time for 8 months

Then I once tried SUPER SHELL UNLEADED. I am getting a slightly better mileage ! Now I am sticking to SHell Super only

Whats confusing with shell super is , Amount spent is same, volume of petrol is less, mileage is more ?

But its all good !
I stopped using shell super unleaded and tried shell unleaded + System G. I must say, the engine performed well.
Now shell has increased the price , 54.95 for unleaded ( not super !!)
So, I have reverted back to normal IOC + SYSTEM G. I can feel the difference. Engine not as smooth as it was on shell. but what to do..I have to tak care of my pocket too !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks