Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Well, I have this leak issue with both System G and System 2 3!! I have to keep them wrapped in a polythene bag to avoid the spill as I cant ensure its always vertical while carrying. Also, at the time of using it, I get some on my hands as I have to open the bottle. Really hate that part of it. Once I was so pissied, i almost wrote a mail to IFTEX... didn't get around to it dude to lack of time...
I face the same issue. I keep it in car and it is difficult to keep it vertical all the time.

There was definite improvement in refinement after using it.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd July 2009 at 13:11.
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:36   #242
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Well, let us all write a mail to IFTEX giving them a piece of our mind! Exactly how difficult can it be to make a leak free-cap? This leak issue is a menace... and I'v even contemplated switching to "premium" fuel and ditching their products. Firstly its a pain to remember and carry them, and to add to that, the leak problem!

I don't keep the bottles in the car as cabin temperature can get really high esp. in summer. Might adversely affect the chemicals. And sachets is again messy as you can't dispense the exact quantity required... and it is more prone to spillage while pouring.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:43   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Check with Ford service, they market it alot at dealerships.
Thanks Jaggu, i ll check that. How often are you using it in your swift DDIS? every fill?
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:02   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Thanks Jaggu, i ll check that. How often are you using it in your swift DDIS? every fill?
Unlike the System G which went in my Ford petrol, unfortunately it (System D) was not very friendly with the DDIS Multijet system. I have posted the feedback earlier and Condor was more than happy to take it from me for his Sumo.

If you check Condor has also mentioned that System D is not recommended by Tata for its common rail engines. I am experimenting with OWS products now and will be updating the feedback in the thread.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd July 2009 at 10:06.
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:43   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Unlike the System G which went in my Ford petrol, unfortunately it (System D) was not very friendly with the DDIS Multijet system. I have posted the feedback earlier and Condor was more than happy to take it from me for his Sumo.

If you check Condor has also mentioned that System D is not recommended by Tata for its common rail engines. I am experimenting with OWS products now and will be updating the feedback in the thread.
Oh ho, in that case i ll wait for your feedback before trying system D in my DDiS. I ll wait for OWS reviews. Thanks

Sri
Old 4th July 2009, 10:32   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I think mine is also a bit old. will check
Turns out my stash is of 2006 August vintage
Old 4th July 2009, 11:13   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where, when, how ??, its based on hearsay and lets try not to spread this hearsay, please see their list of recommended Fuel additives
Old 4th July 2009, 13:46   #248
BHPian

Quote:

I too was under the impression that System D is recommended for Quadrajet, since I had seen it mentioned in the Owners Manual for QJD. Now that I referred it again, it is seen mentioned-

"Approved for use in Tata Vehicles. Not recommended for on (?) Quadrajet.

Seems they don't consider the Quadrajet vehicles as their own!
Old 4th July 2009, 22:18   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
janitha : "Approved for use in Tata Vehicles. Not recommended for on (?) Quadrajet.
Not recommended for use in Quadrajet engines ..
Old 4th July 2009, 22:45   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not recommended for use in Quadrajet engines ..
That is obvious. Just wanted to show their linguistic standard!
Old 4th July 2009, 22:48   #251
Senior - BHPian

forget typos. I have always wondered why tata prescribes the same oil for all indica/indigo engines, while it says different oils for the TCIC and Dicor safari engines
Old 5th July 2009, 07:31   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
janitha : Just wanted to show their linguistic standard!
OT. I dont think they are claiming any rights on a standard that is pretty widely prevalent - in the auto sector or outside.

Quote:
greenhorn : I have always wondered why tata prescribes the same oil for all indica/indigo engines, while it says different oils for the TCIC and Dicor safari engines
@GH, IIRC, this point has been discussed. They are two different families of engines. Indica / Indigo is based on the same 1.4L foundation, including the dicorised version.
Old 24th July 2009, 17:54   #253
Senior - BHPian

Just got a 250 ml bottle of Sonax diesel system cleaner. More for my satisfaction, probably. Does anyone know what is the ratio - how much fuel should be in the tank when I add it?
Old 24th July 2009, 20:04   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Read the thread, Tom Sawyer.

It's one bottle of Sonax per tank. Unlike the 1ml per liter of System-D / G.
Old 24th July 2009, 20:37   #255
Senior - BHPian

Thank you my non digital friend! I got a 92 liter tank, hence the question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks