Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 19:57   #181
BHPian

I have regularly used System G for my Wagon-R and my car used to run very smooth. These days, the BP petrol stations are not selling the SystemG. Where do I get the System G now?
Old 19th January 2009, 23:55   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashutosh View Post
I recently asked BP guy to add SYS G while i was refuelling. But the guy said no need to add SYS G when u refuel car with SPEED.
Not just no need, but you shouldn't use System G if you are using Speed. But given a choice between the 2, System G + ordinary petrol is probably the better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
I have regularly used System G for my Wagon-R and my car used to run very smooth. These days, the BP petrol stations are not selling the SystemG. Where do I get the System G now?
Just go to the IFTEX site contact someone from the sales/mktg dept, and tell them about it. They will surely help.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Not just no need, but you shouldn't use System G if you are using Speed. But given a choice between the 2, System G + ordinary petrol is probably the better choice.

and economical tooo

Just go to the IFTEX site contact someone from the sales/mktg dept, and tell them about it. They will surely help.
I have seen this at few BP pumps ( near garware collage ) in pune
Old 20th January 2009, 16:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Agreed. I found System G in car spare / accesory shops. Once the premium between the standard and premium fuels cross Rs.3.50 the sales of Iftex went up.

You do not need additives with Premium Fuels.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:41   #185
BHPian

I have no experience but System D is one of the additive which i know about. It claims to clean the fuel injectors and avoids gumming and clogging. Most petrol experts agree to using the additives so i thought it might be true for diesel also. If i were u i did use it for sure. It costs Rs 295 and lasts for long.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:27   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prits_moh View Post
Folks, im totally confused if i should opt for diesel additives available in india for my safari 2.2dicor. does it add life to the engine/performance ..... ???
if any one has used, may recommend for/against its use.....

thx
This is extensively discussed on Safari 2.2 problems / solution thread.
System D helps to keep injectors clean and If you are driving continuously in bumper to bumper City traffic then you may observe slight loss of power for about 1 second with a puff of smoke at lower gears ( Gasp issue) probably due to EGR valve being choked , System D solves this problem.

Owners manual recommends to drive at high speed once in a while to clear the carbon deposits.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

jkdas tried out systemD on his 2.2 and didnt find a big difference. i think it makes a big difference only with older engines
Old 28th January 2009, 04:35   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
jkdas tried out systemD on his 2.2 and didnt find a big difference. i think it makes a big difference only with older engines
System D is not for performance, Probably JKdas does not drive in bumper to bumper city traffic and never face the gasping issue.

Safari 2.2 owners in Bangalore including me and Dadu have experimented and found that System D definitely solves gasp issue due to constant driving in bumper to bumper traffic for which Bangalore is notorious now. Safari manual recommends to drive the vehicle in excess of 80 KMS per hour to clean up the exhaust.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:30   #189
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest using SystemD in 1-2 tankful after every Quarter of driving with Normal diesel. Its a detergent based cleaner.

Delphi recommends usage of their own Delphi Diesel+ fuel additive which is in tie-up with Chevron, same as SystemD and is recommended by Delphi for usage in DI or IDI with or without Turbocharged engines.

Btw, the CRDI system in Safari 2.2l is sourced from Delphi.

Last edited by dadu : 28th January 2009 at 12:33.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:34   #190
Senior - BHPian

Hey, use regular Diesel with no additives. Best for mileage & for the life of your injectors etc...
Old 28th January 2009, 12:45   #191
Senior - BHPian

Dont just go by what i say or anyone else suggests on this forum.

Read what the manufacturer suggests for their own products. Read "Q:Why should I put" and onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey, use regular Diesel with no additives. Best for mileage & for the life of your injectors etc...
Hey Suman, Delphi suggests using additives will remove deposits from injectors. I believe that will help the overall life of injectors.

Last edited by dadu : 28th January 2009 at 12:47.
Old 28th January 2009, 12:54   #192
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hey, I'm a fan of system D. it works on my indica's IDT engine just fine. You should have seen the look on the petrol pump guys face when i bought his entire stock
Old 28th January 2009, 13:25   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
hey, I'm a fan of system D. it works on my indica's IDT engine just fine. You should have seen the look on the petrol pump guys face when i bought his entire stock
Hey Greenhorn - do you use Sys-D with every tank full or periodically? My Indigo CS TDI has just crossed 3rd service & 19K Kms mark and I am thinking to start using additives.

Are you using the 1ML Per liter one? Or the 1 BOTTLE FULL for 10,000Kms one? Whats the cost of one you are using?
Old 28th January 2009, 13:35   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Hey Greenhorn - do you use Sys-D with every tank full or periodically? My Indigo CS TDI has just crossed 3rd service & 19K Kms mark and I am thinking to start using additives.

Are you using the 1ML Per liter one? Or the 1 BOTTLE FULL for 10,000Kms one? Whats the cost of one you are using?
Just to clear this confusion there are two products by IFTEX

SystemD - 1ml per litre, frequent use, costing 200Rs for 250ml

System D Extra - Full bottle to be used in a tankfull, Can be used every 10k kms, costs Rs 550-600 apprx.

"SystemD" is more commonly available than "System D extra". If you cant find "System D extra" and insist on 10k intervals of additive, you can use BG CF5, available at T.A.S.S

Last edited by dadu : 28th January 2009 at 13:38.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:04   #195
Senior - BHPian

MY own information from Petrol Pump owners is that you can safely reduce the amount to 0.5ml per litre, or add put the additive say once every two or three tankfuls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks