Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 12:27   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
i filled up my tank with 15l of normal diesel and 15ml of IFTEX system D, i think nothing worked so far. no change, engine running as usual!!
Use it for atleast a tankfull before deciding whether to continue or stop.

@live2drive, System D Can be used in all types of diesel engines. You just need to check the compatibility as above.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:33   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
joe angelo : i filled up my tank with 15l of normal diesel and 15ml of IFTEX system D, i think nothing worked so far. no change, engine running as usual!!

live2drive Is system D suitable for verna crdi?
Additives may not work for Common Rail engines. While we can see the difference in non-Common Rail engines, manufacturers (eg : Tata) do not but dont recommend any additives for Common Rails.

For that matter, Tata does not even recommend premium diesel for their Dicor vehicles. (Note: this point is being discussed elsewhere, so let us only look at System-D here).

@Joe, if you filled in 15L of diesel, then the amount of System-D that you should have added would be : 15ml + 1ml for each liter of diesel that was already there in the tank. The engine needs to see 1ml of this addtive per litre of fuel. This could be what you have missed.

Last edited by condor : 8th December 2008 at 12:34.
Old 8th December 2008, 12:47   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Additives may not work for Common Rail engines. While we can see the difference in non-Common Rail engines, manufacturers (eg : Tata) do not but dont recommend any additives for Common Rails.

For that matter, Tata does not even recommend premium diesel for their Dicor vehicles. (Note: this point is being discussed elsewhere, so let us only look at System-D here).
Does that mean system D will have an adverse effect on the engine?
It will clean the injectors at least.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:14   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Wouldnt say adverse effect, but there may not be much effect apart from cleaning the injectors. Effects / advantages Not going to be noticeable, unlike our Turbo only / normal engines which are noticeably smoother.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:20   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Wouldnt say adverse effect, but there may not be much effect apart from cleaning the injectors. Effects / advantages Not going to be noticeable, unlike our Turbo only / normal engines which are noticeably smoother.
Thanks for the info buddy.
But in my IMO cleaning the injectors itself will have some positive effects on the car such as better spray pattern and i feel the emission levels will decrease.
Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:22   #156
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I have found the engine to be more responsive and smoother after the addition of system G. I had been using it regularly but stopped a few months back.
Started again last week and can really feel the difference.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:10   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

But Sammy, you are driving a 1.3 Flair, not a Common Rail engine. The point of doubt is regarding use in cars that have a common rail engine.
Old 8th December 2008, 14:26   #158
BHPian

System G + Unleaded petrol is a very good combination for Ford cars.You can make out the difference in the performance of the car instantly.

System D + normal diesel on Fiat cars is also a good combination.I have observed that the car now runs much smoother than before.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:04   #159
BHPian

Purchased system D today evening. The tank had appx 30L diesel in it so poured 30ml of the additive. @250ml pack for 250 bucks. Got it from a BP bunk.
Lets c if there are any noticeable changes observed in the car.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:13   #160
BHPian

Any kind of additive in my Indica Turbo reduces the acceleration noticeably. (At least I can notice it). I have tried Hi Speed, xtramile, turbojet and normal diesel with System D. It runs best on normal diesel. Hi speed has the least drop in acceleration and System D stinks up the exhaust.
Old 9th December 2008, 09:19   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Any kind of additive in my Indica Turbo reduces the acceleration noticeably. (At least I can notice it). I have tried Hi Speed, xtramile, turbojet and normal diesel with System D. It runs best on normal diesel. Hi speed has the least drop in acceleration and System D stinks up the exhaust.
Thats surprising, its part of TATA's recommended fuel additives for all their engines. No disclaimers here
Old 9th December 2008, 09:25   #162
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

teknophobia, thats funny, cos i noticed my engine running much smoother. acelleration, didnt notice so much
Old 9th December 2008, 10:11   #163
BHPian

The engine does run smoother, however, acceleration suffers. I speak from experience. OT: Greenhorn, there are more pics in my garage, as you requested
Old 9th December 2008, 10:16   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
live2drive : But in my IMO cleaning the injectors itself will have some positive effects on the car such as better spray pattern and i feel the emission levels will decrease.
If you want to try additives, and you have a Common Rail engine, then try something that is specifically marked for CRDi engines, like the one from Sonax.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:26   #165
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hmm. the engine sounds very laid back even when acellerating hard. i thought it was because of the additive. didnt think of it from that angle.

PS: my mileage is much worse, 13ish :( ( not because of the additive - its been like that , always )

another doubt, will this become redundant if I use a better grade of lubricant, from the API CF4 castrol GTD to CI rated delvac MX ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 9th December 2008 at 10:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks