Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 21:10   #181
BHPian

Re: Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
I have done 20k periodic service of our baleno today. MASS changed the engine oil with 0w-16 grade instead of the recommended 0w-20. I have specifically told them to pour MGA shell 0w-20 engine oil but instead they have done this . Should I change it back to 0w-20?
PS: they have poured shell MGA engine oil in their defense, although changed the grade.
If you do not mind can you post the photograph of full invoice after masking the personal details of you and your car.
Old 20th November 2020, 21:40   #182
BHPian

Here you go. Car was under MCP package, so the service amount may not reflect the exact charges at 20k sevice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indrasis_gun View Post
If you do not mind can you post the photograph of full invoice after masking the personal details of you and your car.
Attached Thumbnails
Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki-picsart_112009.35.41.jpg  

Kpzonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2020, 07:47   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Engine noise is pretty much unchanged and also there is no excessive smoke coming through exhaust. I will check again tomorrow as service was done today. Yeah, will drop an email to Suzuki.
Thanks
Hope you have escalated this. Do let us know about the reply from NEXA.

Get it changed to 0W20, any kind of oil thinner than OEM recommended is a strict no-no in our conditions.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 08:44   #184
BHPian

I am loking for the 20k service of my 3rd generation Swift zxi+. Which will be the best 0W 20 engine oil to use in the service under MGO?
Old 26th November 2020, 15:32   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am loking for the 20k service of my 3rd generation Swift zxi+. Which will be the best 0W 20 engine oil to use in the service under MGO?
Shell or Mobil would be my choice. Avoid Servo(IOCL).

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 16:29   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks Leoshashi.

Shell was not available, the only engine oil available in 0W-20 was of ECSTAR one manufactured by IDEMITSU. So went with that. My car previously had Shell 0W-20. I could not spot much difference between the two.
Old 26th November 2020, 17:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi.

My SX4 Zxi needs 5W30 and I have been always using Shell Helix Ultra 5W30 purchased from MGP stores (after free services) and changed at FNG in my presence. Only once I used Zic 20W40 upon insistence of a friend who was selling it. I could feel the mistake while driving.

Sticking with Shell, I have always good experience, smooth running and no problems. Is there any concern in your mind for avoiding Servo?
Rahul Bhalgat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 08:50   #188
Senior - BHPian

20W-40 is heavy mineral oil. It can be safely used as a flushing oil. (for engine flush). Use it for 300 kms and change oil back to 5W-30 again. Using heavier oil will always make for sluggish acceleration.
Old 27th November 2020, 09:43   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
20W-40 is heavy mineral oil. It can be safely used as a flushing oil. (for engine flush). Use it for 300 kms and change oil back to 5W-30 again. Using heavier oil will always make for sluggish acceleration.
Yes, so I never used 20W40 thereafter.

My question is about the recommendation to avoid Servo. Though I have always used Shell engine oil, satisfied with the same and plan to continue with the same, I am curious to know about Leoshashi's concerns or past experience with Servo.

Though not the engine oil, I have used gearoil from Servo this time.
Old 27th November 2020, 10:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

From my limited experience with using servo, brand new servo oil looks like recycled mineral oil with additives. It just doesn't look clean.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 11:41   #191
BHPian

What oil should be used in Maruti 1000 (F10A engine) based in Punjab (0 deg to 45 deg ambient temperature range throughout the year)?
A local mechanic said 20W-40 but I use 5W-30 as most old Maruti petrols use it.
Old 27th November 2020, 22:51   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Leoshashi.

Shell was not available, the only engine oil available in 0W-20 was of ECSTAR one manufactured by IDEMITSU. So went with that. My car previously had Shell 0W-20. I could not spot much difference between the two.
Yes Idemitsu is just as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Sticking with Shell, I have always good experience, smooth running and no problems. Is there any concern in your mind for avoiding Servo?
Quote:
From my limited experience with using servo, brand new servo oil looks like recycled mineral oil with additives. It just doesn't look clean.
Yes never liked them. Their USP is price and that's it. Oil degrades in no time, and even the engines feel horrible in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM_360 View Post
What oil should be used in Maruti 1000 (F10A engine) based in Punjab (0 deg to 45 deg ambient temperature range throughout the year)?
A local mechanic said 20W-40 but I use 5W-30 as most old Maruti petrols use it.
Depends on engine condition too. For old F series engines, I'll always stick to a W40 oil. For example in my 2000 Maruti 800(F8D), I was on 20W40 for 16 years(MASS supplied Mineral oil), then switched to 10W40(semi synth Castrol Magnatec) briefly and eventually running on 5W40 synthetics since 2016 without any issue.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 13:14   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong. I was always of the understanding that flushing involves a thinner oil or solvent of lesser viscosity so that it can run across the engine and sort of wash the sludge and deposits. If we use a thicker oil, then how would it act as a flush?
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 15:55   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Hi Leoshashi,
When I went to Maruti Suzuki Genuine Parts shop to purchase the 5W30 engine oil, they had only Servo, which I did not buy.

I always buy from them the Shell Helix 5W30 for my SX4 VVT. Their price is around Rs. 975 + GST, so this is a mineral oil. I don't remember the oil type, but it is HX5 I think. When I went through the Shell website, I could not find 5W30 in HX5 oils (mineral oils). In the market too, 5W30 is available in HX8 and not HX5.

How is it that they sell this to MSIL and don't list on their site?

Is 5W30 in HX5 type ok for my SX4?

In the market, 5W30 is available in HX5 type only in one shop. Is it safe to buy this? I am asking because the product isn't listed on the Shell website. Can this be duplicate?

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 14th December 2020 at 15:56.
Old 22nd December 2020, 10:03   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
How is it that they sell this to MSIL and don't list on their site?
Don't worry about that. I can point many such products which are available and not listed. Alternatively, there are products which are listed but not available. Just make sure you buy from authentic sources and you should be fine.

Quote:
Is 5W30 in HX5 type ok for my SX4?
Yes but if you can, do opt for Shell HX8 5W30. I'm personally a big fan of that oil. Costs ~ 1400-1500 most of the times. There is also one Shell 5W30 Taxi variant around Rs. 1200 on Amazon. It's semi synthetic and a good choice.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed