Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2005, 14:28   #16
BHPian

any idea if such a set is available for baleno (if so, what's the cost)? the stock set sucks.
thanks
Old 18th November 2005, 19:31   #17
BHPian

You could try using a little vinegar to wipe your windscreen.
Vinegar is acidic and the corrosive action should work pretty well to get rid of any film that has formed.

You could also use Isopropyl Alcohol or Spirit to wipe your windscreen. They are extremely good cleaning agents.
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Try PRIL wash. Wipe it dry with newspaper (don't use colour newsprint).
Cheaper the newspaper,better
Hi! Guys,
I too have the same problem, tried everything but its the same story. The best solution is AMWAY's zoom, it worked 50% but you got to keep doing it. In the end I found out how the greasy film appears on the windscreen everytime the wiper wipes the screen.

I use TURTEL WAX car shampoo which has wax polish inside and everytime I wash the car with this shampoo, it left a thin film of wax on the screen, making it hell to drive in the night. Stop using shampoo;s with wax.

I even switched wipers to BOSCH, but that did not help. Actually the Syndicate are worse as they have a silicon coating which is horrible.

THis is crazy but best thing to do is to replace the windscreen or get imported windscreen cleaning products.

Rgds

Prithvi
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:29   #19
BHPian

Had this problem in every car for the last three years, I feel the reason could be more traffic grime, fumes, etc, which leave an oily film on the outside of the windscreen.
The best solution is fairly simple, I keep a small plastic bag with a sponge dipped in Surf Excel. Wipe the wet windscreen with this, hose off. Be careful not to get the detergent on the paint. Guaranteed to last a couple of days at least. The Goa monsoons are awesome, and this was the only thing that tamed the problem
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
..testing facilities and am currently only using their blades......we supply the rubber to them for the wipers.
AHA! NOW I KNOW whom to blame for those lousy Syndicate wipers that I had to replace on day 2 for the Safari. Can I send you the bill for the Bosch blades, buddy?
Old 23rd November 2005, 20:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

a word for Bosch

I can vouch for Bosch. A couple of months ago I changed to Bosch blades for my 800 and they've done a good job so far especially as they are seeing heavy use now with the heavy rains here.

I try as much as is practically possible to switch on the wipers after a thin film of water has collected on my windshield. This is especially a good solution in light drizzles as the effect of wiper meeting the dust is not very pleasant. Tends to cut up the rubber. Of course the best solution is hopping out and using a bottle of water but then that is not very practical :-).
And yep after a wash, paper is the best. Also the windshield cleaner that Maruti supplies as MGP is pretty good too. I usually spray that after a wash and then use paper to wipe it dry.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 24th November 2005, 18:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any tips on cleaning the wiper blades? I havn't cleaned mine ever.
Old 25th November 2005, 19:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
any idea if such a set is available for baleno (if so, what's the cost)? the stock set sucks.
thanks
Baleno stock vipers are really bad....have already changed mine once in 6 months...
Old 26th November 2005, 02:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

why do you say they are bad.i feel mine are perfectly fine and dont feel the need to change them.what problem did you face

Rev
Old 26th May 2006, 22:16   #25
BHPian

Mist in the front windshield - Outside...

Guys, please suggest a solution:

My new NHC has this issue. The mist is formed outside the front windshield - when the wiper wipes, it is clean for a couple of seconds, but comes back..

Man, I never had this issue with my old Santro.

What's actually causing this and how do I avoid this?

After all, the A/C and rear defogger are not sufficient and cannot get rid of this particular irritance

PS: One difference is, Santro was cleaned by my driver, while new NHC's exterior is cleaned by a guy who does so for several cars in our apartment. I don't have a driver after I bought NHC.
Old 27th May 2006, 00:35   #26
DRC
BHPian

I have had all these issues on my car too..

I have tried all remidies, tricks, products, wipers, services, ... what not

Finally, all it helped is to worsen teh situation and spoil the windshield totally and I am changing it tomorrow with windshield experts.

I have learnt a lesson (rather a lot of them). Many I learnt from my brother who works for Maruti, but not net savvy so isn't seen around here.

Lessons
1. Think twice before you flick your left finger(some cars right) to switch on the wipers. No fault of wipers, but... When stationary wipers are parked horizontally. which serve as a bed for dust and grime. When you switch them on they rub the grime between them and the shield and cause scratches. So Wipers are for use when it rains not for cleaning a dirty windshield.
Now you guys are wondering what the heck the washer is for? it is to give a slight ditergent effect when you use the wipers. Make them work smoothly withou causing the jitter. Don't expect too much out of these simple machines.

2. Windshield is bound to get dirty. How to clean them?
STOP the car. Pull out the wipers. then wash/hose the glass gently without rubbing. If obsolutely necessary use some glass cleaning product for autos. wipe with soft cloth and then with either news paper or better still soft tissue. CLEAN the wipers both the sides of the edge. then put them back.

3. Change the wipers twice in an year. once in the begining of the mansoon, once after the mansoon is over. Bosch wiper are an eldge above the others I have used. They say have soft rubber and hence wipe clean. They do a good job. They do not make noise, leave streaks, smear, etc.. what ever they claim in ads. BUT dealers tell no need to change for 2 years. DONOT believe them change in 6 months. They hardly cost 400 bucks. worth the money.
Please change them even if you do not use them at all. Rubber gets hardened and become useless.

4. NEVER try any sort of abresive on glass. However fine texture. It just spoils the glass. forever. I tried and am paying for it today.
NEVER use acetone. I am the idiot who used it on the camera lense and scrapped an expensive camera. It will cause blurr effect on the surface as in sanded glass.

5. If the damage has happened change teh glass immediately. I know its expensive. but SAFE. It cause discomfort with oncoming traffic head lights due to glare. But the problem is BIGGER than discomfort. You will not be able to see teh darker part of the road, where in India pedestrians lurk.

6. If you are seeing glare, as some one mentioned on the thread. It will not be just smear. It must be micro scratches. Nothing can be done about it. replace glass.

7. Wind shield experts do not fix any windshield related problems. They are experts in replacements. and fixing chipping due to minor accidents. They do a better job than most auth dealers in Bangalore.

Prevention is the ONLY cure!

Take care.
Old 27th May 2006, 14:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC

2. Windshield is bound to get dirty. How to clean them?
STOP the car. Pull out the wipers. then wash/hose the glass gently without rubbing. If obsolutely necessary use some glass cleaning product for autos. wipe with soft cloth and then with either news paper or better still soft tissue. CLEAN the wipers both the sides of the edge. then put them back.

Add to this Do this daily morning/evening whenever you are comfortable.

This goes a long way in keeping the glass clear.
Old 27th May 2006, 15:43   #28
BHPian

I have used syndicate wipers last year, found them to be fair. Where can i get Bosch Blades in the suburbs of bombay? Cost For a 3 set Zen any idea?

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 27th May 2006 at 15:45.
Old 27th May 2006, 20:39   #29
BHPian

DRC, thanks for your response. I will clean the windshield myself all this week as suggested and see how this improves.
Old 28th May 2006, 16:13   #30
DRC
BHPian

Finaly, Got the windshield replaced yesterday with Windshield experts. They did a very good professional job. Now Its a lot more comfortable driving in night,

Down side, No top shade band as in the original glass. (but surprisingly car looks roomy and airy without it.)

Switched from imported pilkingston to Asahi india.

Now I will follow all the gyan I tried to give you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks