Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2022, 00:03   #211
BHPian

Re: Simplified: The Idiot's Guide to keeping your car clean & shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
Last weekend, I tried my hands on the paste wax and it was quite an effort to remove (buff off) once applied. This is contrary to all the claims in Youtube reviews. I did follow the "work on one panel"
Overall, looks like a ok product, and not worth the price.
The only reason i can think of that you had a bad experience was because the amount of wax applied was more than expected.If the layer of wax is more then then removal is a pain .I am commenting after applying the wax 2 times in the past.Here is my review
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (Turtle Wax (Ceramic + Graphene) Paste Wax | Reliving the waxing nostalgia again)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...errerid=574755 (Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating)
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:46   #212
BHPian

Great car cleaning/organizing hacks for car interiors!
To add one of my own: use Windex glass cleaner with newspaper/microfiber cloth to clean the inside of the windshield. This will prevent fogging!

https://morehackz.com/cleancar/42/

Last edited by heysac : 3rd April 2022 at 21:47.
heysac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 15:11   #213

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hello team ,
Have this smudge /stain on the odometer/speedometer plastic since the time I got the car cleaned at a shoddy place . Its definitely from outside and no moisture developing inside as I tried to wipe it using sanitizer and a tissue and it was crystal clear for a second and again the same.Please tell any way to get rid off the same,quite irritating and a big interference while on the go.
Attached Thumbnails
Simplified: The Idiot's Guide to keeping your car clean & shiny-screenshot_20220629150506.png  

Old 29th June 2022, 15:25   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhruvBhardwaj View Post
Its definitely from outside and no moisture developing inside as I tried to wipe it using sanitizer and a tissue and it was crystal clear for a second and again the same.Please tell any way to get rid off the same,quite irritating and a big interference while on the go.
Dude! The instrument cluster's gauge face is made of plexiglass or acrylic. You should never use alcohol of any sort (not even diluted IPA) to clean it as it will permanently damage it.

You will have to use a 1000 grit sandpaper to remove a fine layer from the lens followed by a 1500 grit paper which will smoothen it out followed by a polish like Displex.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 16:55   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Hello team ,
Have this smudge /stain on the odometer/speedometer plastic since the time I got the car cleaned at a shoddy place . Its definitely from outside and no moisture developing inside as I tried to wipe it using sanitizer and a tissue and it was crystal clear for a second and again the same.Please tell any way to get rid off the same,quite irritating and a big interference while on the go.
Please don’t use sandpaper on the instrument cluster plastics, use a heavy cut compound like Menzerna 400/Carpro Ultracut followed by a finishing polish like Menzerna 3000/3500. Most likely it will remove it.

If you sand it, start with 2000, if that doesn’t remove only then step down to 1500, finish off with 3000 grit and be prepared for a lot of elbow grease buffing with a heavy compound to remove sanding scratches.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:28   #216

Quote:
Hello team ,
Today while cleaning the car myself , I just thought of applying polish to the gauge cluster lens and voila . The'plastic screen' is now clean as it should be . It seems that she wanted a simple pampering session from my side . Thank you all the fellow members for there guidance.
Attached Thumbnails
Simplified: The Idiot's Guide to keeping your car clean & shiny-img20220702wa0002.jpeg  

DhruvBhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:40   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Today while cleaning the car myself , I just thought of applying polish to the gauge cluster lens and voila .
Can you please share what polish was it? I have my headlight in similar condition, might try as well.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 15:51   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Can you please share what polish was it? I have my headlight in similar condition, might try as well.
I had sheeba all purpose polish at my disposal , hence used the same. I believe a product such as a headlight restorer would be better suited to your situation.
DhruvBhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:46   #219
BHPian

Is there a product that can water / stain proof the fabric seats? I am in the process of purchasing a Honda Amaze S which comes with beige color fabric seats. I am planning not to put seat covers, instead of looking for a product that can take care of the stains. I do plan to get the interior dry cleaning done every 6 months.
Thanks

Bravo

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 05:02. Reason: Typo
Old 1st August 2022, 12:51   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Is there a product that can water / stain proof the fabric seats? I am in the process of purchasing a Honda Amaze S which comes with beige color fabric seats. I am planning not to put seat covers, instead of looking for a product that can take care of the stains. I do plan to get the interior dry cleaning done every 6 months.
Thanks

Bravo
Carpro Fabric is one such product which creates a protective layer and doesn't allow water or seep in . There are other similar products available from different brands which i cant recall now. In my opinion using 3M Fabric cleaner every 8 months or so will ensure that the fabric seats are clean and it can be done by yourself. Using any type of protective products like Carpro Fabric might hinder the ability to clean.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 11:50   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Today while cleaning the car myself , I just thought of applying polish to the gauge cluster lens and voila . The'plastic screen' is now clean as it should be . It seems that she wanted a simple pampering session from my side . Thank you all the fellow members for there guidance.
Which polish to be applied, I am also having this misty appearance after giving it for a water wash, still the smudge is there. will appreciate if product photo is shown
Old 10th November 2022, 18:29   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post

Keeping a Rubbing Compound Handy : Keep a Rubbing Compound handy for those odd scratches to be rubbed and removed as and when they occur. They are very inexpensive
Hello, which rubbing compound do you suggest? Preferably from 3M.
Old 8th February 2023, 10:21   #223
BHPian

I have a very basic question, how do we prevent the water marks while drying up the car. I use car shampoo and wash it off with pipe. I use dry micro fiber cloth to dry it up at the end but it leaves white water marks. Any suggestions?
Old 8th February 2023, 11:09   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I have a very basic question, how do we prevent the water marks while drying up the car. I use car shampoo and wash it off with pipe. I use dry micro fiber cloth to dry it up at the end but it leaves white water marks. Any suggestions?
1. Use better quality shampoo, at least a 3M kind of quality
2. Do not use too much hard water / chlorine water. This will leave water marks even if it stays on car for few minutes. If you can't avoid this, refer #4.
3. Do not wash car when the surface is hot, and under direct sunlight. Always wash it when the panels are at room temperature and under shade
4. Use a quick detailer such as, Sonax BSD, post washing and while drying to retain the hydrophobicity. This will avoid water marks even when washed using hard/chlorine water. Sonax BSD costs approx. 800, but it will last for 6+ months for a sedan and will make the wash experience much more comfortable.
Old 8th February 2023, 11:16   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
1. Use better quality shampoo, at least a 3M kind of quality

4. Use a quick detailer such as, Sonax BSD, post washing and while drying to retain the hydrophobicity..
I am using 3M shampoo. The marks are more like wiped marks when I wipe it off with dry cloth. I guess the water is hard so will try Sonax BSD. Thanks for the suggestion

Most Viewed