Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2016, 14:08   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo / Vento DSG: Gearbox Jerking Issue! EDIT: now resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
why does VAG still stick to this gearbox. Why not get rid of the dry clutch and go back to wet clutch?
VW seems to have listened you. The new A3 facelift has got 7 speed DSG with wet clutch. I believe further applications of DQ200 to receive wet clutch.

Quote:
The largest petrol engine on offer is a 2.0-litre TFSI unit producing 188 BHP and 320 Nm of torque. It is mated to a new seven-speed S-tronic transmission with wet clutch.
Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Now VW have replaced the synthetic oil with semi-synthetic one and have claimed that this failure wont happen again.
Correction. VW has changed over to mineral oil from synthetic oil for DQ200.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 14:58   #167
BHPian

Latest observation after the software update on my car.day before Yesterday my car shuddered twice in 1st gear, first time I thought may be because of bad road , but this happened again after some time.
Car didn't shift to second gear till 15km/h , it was in D1and revved up to 2100 rpm without shifting(hardly any throttle, normally it shifts to D2 at around 5km/h. This happened 3tines so far.

Last edited by spider77 : 8th April 2016 at 14:59.
spider77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 19:23   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
VW seems to have listened you. The new A3 facelift has got 7 speed DSG with wet clutch. I believe further applications of DQ200 to receive wet clutch.
That is great news. Hope 4 years down the line, when the time comes to change the GT TSi, VW migrates completely to wet clutch DSGs. Immediately though, even the Polo GTi is going to have the dry clutch DSG.
Old 9th April 2016, 17:51   #169
BHPian

I am facing a new issue , my car jerks while accelerating (lower gear specially in2nd),it's like if you press the clutch and slightly accelerate then suddenly release the clutch , car tends to bounce a bit ,almost same thing is happening when Iam driving very slow in traffic conditions.
Old 9th April 2016, 21:16   #170
BHPian

I have started using the public transport lately and hence my Rapid DSG running is below 100 kms a month. Do I get the transmission oil changed as per kms or is there a time frame also defined?
Old 11th April 2016, 18:47   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I have started using the public transport lately and hence my Rapid DSG running is below 100 kms a month. Do I get the transmission oil changed as per kms or is there a time frame also defined?
Oil should be changed as per maintenance schedule. Its not only the KM driven, its the time duration as well which effect viscosity of oil. Besides considering risk and stories about DSG boxes and cost of their replacement i think its much safer to give few thousands extra to get that oil replacement on periodic basis.

This is my take for being on safer side however experts can give better advice which might turn out to be more VFM oriented.
Old 14th April 2016, 01:19   #172
BHPian

DQ200 / 7 speed DSG Oil Change interval

Quote:
The issue is when it's a sealed box how does an oil change work. Also wasn't this a dry clutch box?
Quote:
Vento, Rapid and Polo come equipped with DQ200 only which is a dry clutch and needs no maintenance for its entire life. The article of oil change could have been related to manufacturing process and not any oil changes later. I am surprised as to which Volkswagen manual recommends oil change for this gearbox! As per all international forums as well, DQ200 is a sealed box and oil changes are neither required nor can be done.
You are right abhjain. I had the same doubt regarding the DQ200 boxes and clarified with personal contacts in the VW tech support. There is no oil change interval recommended for the dry clutch DQ200 box. It is sealed for life similar to the MT in VW stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Even though DQ200 is a dry clutch unit, the mechatronics unit does have transmission oil in it. That needs to be replaced every 60000kms or so. If you remember the whole DQ200 failures were due to mechatronics unit getting shorted. It was due to synthetic oil that was being used earlier. Now VW have replaced the synthetic oil with semi-synthetic one and have claimed that this failure wont happen again. Fingers crossed.
Yes there is indeed oil in it like any other gearbox. But owing to the system being a dry clutch setup, it is similar to a regular MT as far as the lubricant life for the box is concerned. And yes they did change over to mineral oil from synthetic oil, owing to electrolysis separating sulphur from the the synthetic fail and its deposition causing electrical failures to the mechatronic unit. Well that is what VW claims and said to have sorted by switching to mineral oil. But either way, the oil is sealed for life and doesn't have a recommended drain/replacement interval.

Many of the confusion arises from the service schedule chart provided by VW in their app or displayed in showrooms. It is not accurate and doesn't distinguish between the individual model/powertrain combinations. Instead if you use the Skoda service cost calculator (available on Skoda website) and look for the DSG oil change intervals for Rapid TDI DSG or Laura/Octavia/Superb 1.8TSI DSG, you won't find the recommendation at the 4year/60000km mark. However it will show up if you have choosen a model with the wet clutch DQ250.

- Avinash
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 15:10   #173
BHPian

Ever since I got this software update done on my car I am facing new issues , now my car lurches forward every time I accelerate, it's very annoying , when I press break or just lift my foot off the acceleration peddle it gives a strong jerk like some hard engine breaking.
Sometimes car shifts from 2nd gear to 1st gear for no reason and revs high upto 2500rpm , I press break slightly and it shifts back to 2nd, whenever this happens there is a strong jerk.
I posted this problem to VW customer care and they have assigned the complaint to apple auto whitefield, after this I got a call from apple auto and informed that some senior technical person is coming from Pune next week to check my car, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Hope they resolve this issue and bring my car back to normal.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:46   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider77 View Post
Latest observation after the software update on my car.day before Yesterday my car shuddered twice in 1st gear, first time I thought may be because of bad road , but this happened again after some time.
Car didn't shift to second gear till 15km/h , it was in D1and revved up to 2100 rpm without shifting(hardly any throttle, normally it shifts to D2 at around 5km/h. This happened 3tines so far.
I faced the same situation yesterday my car was struck in 1st gear, and it went on for around 2500 rpm.

After reading this whole thread I want to ask you, is it necessary to update gearbox firmware if we face heavy jerk while shifting from 3rd>-2nd gear. I contacted Volkswagen Vapi and they said it will take 4 hours to update and they will install it only if I want.

What you guys suggest? Should I go for firmware update? Please help me.
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:08   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsukh View Post
I have recently got my Vento TSI (Nov'14) DSG software upgraded as part of the 1st year service. First they carried out the ECM adaptation settings and ran the car for 40kms. Then they saw that the jerks are still there. Post which they did the DSG software update from version 5201 (yes really old version was running) to version 6502 (yes not 6203).

The immediate difference seen was that when put in gear the lag that was there for the car to get in motion has minimized. Further in D mode the car holds the gear till a higher rpm before upshifting. Same is observed even when going from D1 to D2. Also slippage of the clutch seems to be increased to make the drive more smooth during changing point of the gears.

Below snapshot shows the DSG software version details in a vcds scan:
Attachment 1453380

Still under hard breaking a jerk is seen between D3 to D2.

Hello jamsukh,

I'm at VW A.S.S right now and after scan it says that my car has 6501 at the moment. They checked their system and they have 6502 available (no signs of 6503). They will update it to 6502 and see the difference and it still occurs then they will contact VW technical team. Fingers crossed.

Please share your experience with 6502. Is there still massive jerk while downshifting e.g D3>D2 and D2>D1. I'm surprised that they're willing to help but they don't have enough guidelines or information regarding this.
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:30   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post

What you guys suggest? Should I go for firmware update? Please help me.
Just saw this post. Looks like you are already in the process of updating. Personally, after reading this thread and the experience of folks who have updated, I do not feel convinced to go and do the update. I do face the 3--2 jerks, but it is not that bad. So am holding off doing any updates for now.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:33   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just saw this post. Looks like you are already in the process of updating. Personally, after reading this thread and the experience of folks who have updated, I do not feel convinced to go and do the update. I do face the 3--2 jerks, but it is not that bad. So am holding off doing any updates for now.

Hello Rajeevraj,
I successfully updated transmission software to 6502 and it didn't give any error in the scan. We went on a long test run and it works like a charm. I feel that shifting is even smoother with the update (though it's too early to speak).

D3>D2 jerk is completely gone as of now. I haven't experienced it since the new update. Shifting is smoother than before and now RPM response is even quicker with higher RPM gear changes than before.

Still D2>D1 jerk is there, but with less jerk than before. I asked them about this and they said it's natural because turbo kicks in immediately as it is shifted to D1 to rev match with ongoing condition. They said that our DSG hardly uses D1 so it won't be much of an issue. Makes sense to me.

That is my overall experience after the update. I would like to hear from others too. I'm very much happy with VW VAPI after sales service.
maddyguage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 18:07   #178
BHPian

Friends,
I have a Vento TSI. It has clocked 14000 kms.
Lately, I have been hearing a crunching "krr" noise. This happens after I have driven about 100 kms at a stretch . It is present only when the car moves from a complete stand still position and is present only for about 3 seconds. During the second gear shift, I don't hear anything.
It is also not present during my regular daily drive.
My car is now 18 months old.
What could be the reason for the sound? Anything to be worried?
Regards
Ramesh
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:02   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Friends,
I have a Vento TSI. It has clocked 14000 kms.
Lately, I have been hearing a crunching "krr" noise. This happens after I have driven about 100 kms at a stretch . It is present only when the car moves from a complete stand still position and is present only for about 3 seconds. During the second gear shift, I don't hear anything.
It is also not present during my regular daily drive.
My car is now 18 months old.
What could be the reason for the sound? Anything to be worried?
Regards
Ramesh

Is this something similar to the Skoda Octavia DSG Shuddering issue thats being discussed ? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-issue.html .
Old 2nd June 2016, 20:25   #180
BHPian

There is no shuddering , just the noise

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks