Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 16:42   #31
BHPian

Re: Pulley falls out of my Hyundai i20!

Until now all cars reporting the issue were made in 2012. And I do not see the issue reported for later model cars. Is it possible that Hyundai has already made this change during regular Service for most cars and has changed the quality of bolts used for later model cars? Maybe insights into Service Bulletins from 2012 to now might help?

Last edited by DWind : 24th October 2014 at 16:49.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2014, 21:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soham Sen View Post
Well, honestly speaking the i20 is a reliable car. I am saying this because I have been owning an i20 over some years now. No major problem has appeared yet. It depends on a person's driving style and at the same time the level of maintenance. If you love your car and show it, probably it will accompany you for a really long time.

All I can say is that i maintain my cars with care , regular servicing and drive them with love . In this case where the Pully bolt broke ,it was a case of shoddy manufacturing and not lack of car care !
chatto63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 08:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonification View Post
Thanks guys, seeing that quite a few fellow BHPians have faced the same issue, I am definitely going to take it up with some higher officials in Hyundai. This seems to be some faulty batch altogether.

Will keep you guys posted on what transpires. Thanks again!

Cheers!
While you're at it, could you ask them if this is affected their other models, like the latest i10 grand?

:-)
Old 27th October 2014, 11:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehan-Sam View Post
While you're at it, could you ask them if this is affected their other models, like the latest i10 grand?

:-)
Do you seriously expect the workshop guys to give an honest reply, assuming that it is a known issue in the first place? Those guys would lie to their own mothers when it comes to such matters...
Old 26th March 2015, 13:56   #35
BHPian

A friend reported this problem today on his 2014 iGen Sportz. His car had returned from service just yesterday and he heard something hit the car's underside while driving to office in the morning. Someone told him that his car is leaking oil, and when he pulled open the bonnet, the belt (which drives pulleys) was hanging on alternator, crankshaft pulley was missing, and oil was leaking from where the crankshaft pulley used to be.

How would oil leak if pulley falls off the crankshaft? Some oil seal also must have given away. Maybe seal failure caused the pulley to fall off?

From the picture on page 1 of this thread, looks like this belt drives alternator at top and A/C compressor at the bottom. What's there in the middle? Looks like a tensioner. So how is the water pump driven? Electrically?

Last edited by black_rider : 26th March 2015 at 14:13. Reason: More questions
Old 4th January 2016, 14:25   #36
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Came across this thread as my friend in Mumbai reported this happened to his car today in Mumbai. It is 2014 Elite i20 VTVT Sports. I am not sure of the month of manufacture. Has anyone faced this issue on the Elite i20? Reading through the posts I thought Hyundai would have rectified this long time ago. Sadly, it isn't the case with his car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks