Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 23:56   #976
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

VCDS Tweaks Update: Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT
  1. Activated DRL On/ Off option in infotainment
  2. Activated DRL only with light switch on Auto. Light switch off is complete off.
  3. Changed lane change clicks from 3 to 5.
  4. Also figured how to End/ Mute/ Hold and Make Calls (Call Log Based) from Cluster using Steering Wheel Controls.

Image 1: DRL On/ Off Option in Infotainment
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_2301.jpeg

Image 2: Cluster call handling options
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_2295.jpeg

Image 3: Cluster call log
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_2293.jpeg

Last edited by maglev : 11th July 2023 at 23:57.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:11   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
VCDS Tweaks Update: Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT
[*]Changed lane change clicks from 3 to 5.
[*]Also figured how to End/ Mute/ Hold and Make Calls (Call Log Based) from Cluster using Steering Wheel Controls.

Image 2: Cluster call handling options
Attachment 2475025

Image 3: Cluster call log
Attachment 2475026
How exactly is this done?
Old 21st July 2023, 12:29   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Apologies for the late response, I was occupied with a wedding in the family.

It's quite simple once you know it, but not very obvious.

There are two ways to access this menu, by selecting telephone (in the customisable menu) or after you've answered a call (as Telephone gets selected for the duration of the call.)

Once you've selected telephone, press the right-hand side scroller (telephone would be pre-selected with an angular bracket, like this: > on the right-hand side), now press the right menu button positioned just below the right-hand scroller, you should be able to see these options.

This hidden menu (>) angular arrow is available for other items as well.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 19:26   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hey, if you're still looking for some help, I can assist. I stay in Basaveshwaranagar. Let me know.
Hi duker2997, I am getting Skoda Slavia 1.5 Style AT next week and I stay in Basaveshwaranagar too. Can you help me out with the unlock of the features using VCDS/OBD11?
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:31   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Hi duker2997, I am getting Skoda Slavia 1.5 Style AT next week and I stay in Basaveshwaranagar too. Can you help me out with the unlock of the features using VCDS/OBD11?
Hi, definitely. DM me and Let's connect over the weekend.
duker2997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 13:45   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker2997 View Post
Hi, definitely. DM me and Let's connect over the weekend.
I'm sorry, but I can't DM as I'm a newbie. It would be great if you could PM me you ID or number and we can connect using that.
Old 28th July 2023, 08:13   #982
BHPian

Has anyone figured how to switch video in motion on in Virtus / Slavia / Kushaq / Taigun please? Had to wait in the car for a while the other day and watching videos would have been nice!

If you have enabled this, would you be able to give me the detailed steps please? I am going to have to try with an ObdEleven device.
Old 28th July 2023, 09:04   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Has anyone figured how to switch video in motion on in Virtus / Slavia / Kushaq / Taigun please? Had to wait in the car for a while the other day and watching videos would have been nice!

If you have enabled this, would you be able to give me the detailed steps please? I am going to have to try with an ObdEleven device.
When I got my car coded one of the feature that was unlocked was Video in motion so its possible through VCDS for sure.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 09:13   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Hoping Audioholic will know how and will help!
Old 28th July 2023, 09:34   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Hoping Audioholic will know how and will help!
If you are referrring to the call log access, it is already explained by Maglev above. However if you are referring to Video in motion, no I haven't enabled it. I have already shared the entire controller map with all adaptations I have made in this thread. You can check and correlate. We only use apple car play with the car and hence ViM never made sense to me since ACP already restricts it, and second I strongly object watching videos when driving be it by the driver or by Co passengers. So this is a feature I have never enabled nor will I enable.

If I understand right, do the videos only play when car is with parking brake or how?
Old 29th July 2023, 22:05   #986
BHPian

Quote:
If I understand right, do the videos only play when car is with parking brake or how?
Was referring to Video in Motion. I also only use CarPlay, didn’t realise it won’t allow to me to play videos. So I suppose that’s out.

I have seen videos of Video in Motion working while the car was in motion, so I suppose the parking brake won’t matter.
Old 30th July 2023, 16:03   #987
BHPian

Quote:
MotoScan Chennai - Hex v2 Cable + Software

I bought this VCDS Hex V2 cable from MotoScan on Sat, June 03, 2023, it was delivered today, unfortunately, the CD accompanying the cable is corrupt and unreadable.

Is there any workaround? downloading the software from Ross Tech website would probably lock the cable making it useless.

Any suggestions? (Apart from contacting seller and asking for another copy, as I am trying to do this.)
Thanks to you, I managed to get one delivered on the same day of placing my order. I am residing at Chennai.

There are two vendors who are sourcing these cables here at Chennai, Motoscan and Carscan. Motoscan had some stock readily available.

Took delivery of my Slavia 1.5 TSI MT Ambition Crystal Blue on 29th of July, 2023. Took my car for a ceramic coating right away. I will be getting my car back this Wednesday. Meanwhile, I have installed the EN version of VCDS software provided by the seller. The loader also worked fine without any hastle. On this note, the software is asking me to update to the current build version. Not sure if I should do that. The seller must have sent this particular version for a reason.

Excited to make some tweaks as soon as I get the car. Planning to do the Auto HVAC More Air setting first. As you have made the changes, how is the cooling compared to before? Coming from a Punto myself, the cooling on that car was exceptionally good. Never had any problems over these years during the scorching Chennai summer. It handled like a champ.

However, the cooling on Slavia is meh. I have no experience working with these cables and software. If possible, can you PM me the steps to make the tweak for HVAC? That would be really helpful. Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2023, 13:16   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Thanks to you, I managed to get one delivered on the same day of placing my order. I am residing at Chennai.

There are two vendors who are sourcing these cables here at Chennai, Motoscan and Carscan. Motoscan had some stock readily available.

Took delivery of my Slavia 1.5 TSI MT Ambition Crystal Blue on 29th of July, 2023. Took my car for a ceramic coating right away. I will be getting my car back this Wednesday. Meanwhile, I have installed the EN version of VCDS software provided by the seller. The loader also worked fine without any hastle. On this note, the software is asking me to update to the current build version. Not sure if I should do that. The seller must have sent this particular version for a reason.

Excited to make some tweaks as soon as I get the car. Planning to do the Auto HVAC More Air setting first. As you have made the changes, how is the cooling compared to before? Coming from a Punto myself, the cooling on that car was exceptionally good. Never had any problems over these years during the scorching Chennai summer. It handled like a champ.

However, the cooling on Slavia is meh. I have no experience working with these cables and software. If possible, can you PM me the steps to make the tweak for HVAC? That would be really helpful. Thank you.
Congratulations for your Slavia, it's an amazing car and in my opinion leagues ahead of direct competition.

MotoScan told me not to upgrade the software, as this version has unlimited VINs.

Regarding HVAC, its fairly simple, you'll find the option in HVAC long coding.

My Kushaq's AC received the official Skoda Software update, and this VCDS enhancement (Cold Tuning, More Air).

If parked under directly sunlight, the AC takes about 10-11 minutes to make the interior temperature bearable, however, progress is brisk after these 10 minutes, and by the 15–20-minute mark you may want to lower blower speed as it becomes quite comfortable.

Lastly, since my AC software was updated very early maybe around 300 KM on the odometer, I have never faced any issues in stop/ start traffic.

Hope this helps!
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 14:38   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for your Slavia, it's an amazing car and in my opinion leagues ahead of direct competition.
Thank you for the feedback on the AC. All that's left is to try the setting.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 3rd August 2023 at 14:42.
Old 4th August 2023, 09:25   #990
BHPian

Anyone here know of a reliable to source to buy a VCDS cable in India ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks