Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:25   #931
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Yes, but it cannot change the long coding but instead it temporarily overwrites the value and the AC behavior instantly changes

Attachment 2388864

Hi. Hope you're doing good.

After the conversation we had on PM, I have paid the booking amount on a November 22 MFD Slavia 1.0 AT Ambition.

Just looking forward to these tweaks at a local modifier in Delhi, say Autopsyche.

Queries as follows :

1.) Warranty remains as is, or the ASC can figure out these and make our warranty redudant?

2.) Tweaks in AC as mentioned by you can be done in an Ambition variant manufactured in Late 2022?

3.) If not then what other tuning options do i have for a better AC?

4.) ambient light can be personalised?

5.) Any other minor tweaks like removing speed buzzers etc?

6.) Can any electrical nuisances be triggered by these? I regret going for electrical mods like high powered headlight bulbs and dual horn in an i10 Grand plagued it with never ending electrical issues.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 3rd February 2023 at 16:27.
Old 3rd March 2023, 19:12   #932
BHPian

I recently used the services of "Dr. Code My VAG" on Instagram to enable several options in my car, and I have to say that I am extremely satisfied with the results. The team at "Dr. Code My VAG" is highly skilled and experienced in using VCDS to customize various features in Volkswagen Group cars.

The team enabled several options in my car, such as the one-tap 5 times blinkers, auto fan speed indicator, Skoda Surround & Virtual Sound, and easy entry & exit seat activation. They also removed the annoying speed chimes at 80 & 120 km, which was a great relief.

This is my second experience with them and both the time it was done nicely & swiftly.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:26   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post
May I ask where you ordered from? Did you buy by paying the enormous shipping cost?
Harish @ rosstech India. +91 96865 08855 Quoted cost was rs20000 two years back or so.
Old 5th April 2023, 19:52   #934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
here are the HW and SW versions of an Instrument cluster from a Slavia of the first batch of cars sold and the lower pic is from the latest batch that comes with the added Tacho that you are referring to.
Clearly, a different hardware revision and a software revision as well. Can VW update the older hardware with latest software? Possible but seems highly unlikely
Quote:
The reason the hardware revision is different is because the supplier had changed. At my work this is common that we change hardware revision even if there is a minor change(due to supply chain requirements) and software revisions even if the coding is changed. So that doesn't imply that it's not possible to somehow manage this on older.
Well well well, the most desired change for me after removal of speed warning was to get the tachometer display on the Virtual cockpit. Had always believed that this can be done and it happened with the click of a button.

Many thanks to Sharon for figuring this out within a short span of time and finding out the adaptation to enable the tacho bar:
VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-img_6175.jpeg
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:15   #935

Quote:
Well well well, the most desired change for me after removal of speed warning was to get the tachometer display on the Virtual cockpit. Had always believed that this can be done and it happened with the click of a button.

Many thanks to Sharon for figuring this out within a short span of time and finding out the adaptation to enable the tacho bar:
Attachment 2437340
Hi, can you guide us how u did it ?
Old 24th April 2023, 22:37   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but it cannot change the long coding but instead it temporarily overwrites the value and the AC behavior instantly changes

Attachment 2388864
Audioholic could you please enumerate how you got this setting using the VCDS cable? What did you enable to get this on the HU?
Old 25th April 2023, 13:25   #937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Audioholic could you please enumerate how you got this setting using the VCDS cable? What did you enable to get this on the HU?
Its a series of adaptations that have to be done. I am abroad at the moment and give me a few days time, once I return to the car I will take an extract of all the adaptations and post it here. Incidentally, we were trying this on another BHPians car a few days back and while the AC controls did work on the HU, the Climate control mode setting never turned up. Hence I need to go to my car and check what I have really done, since its a few months up already.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 13:04   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Its a series of adaptations that have to be done. I am abroad at the moment and give me a few days time, once I return to the car I will take an extract of all the adaptations.
Are you back yet Audioholic?
Old 25th May 2023, 00:27   #939
BHPian

Has anyone recently purchased a Hex Cable & software (the cheaper cracked ones)? If yes, please share the link.
Old 29th May 2023, 13:15   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Has anyone recently purchased a Hex Cable & software (the cheaper cracked ones)? If yes, please share the link.
Bump Bump!!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 29th May 2023, 19:29   #941
BHPian

I recently purchased a HEX+CAN adapter and it works as expected on my MY19 Octavia TDI L&K. I purchased it directly from a dealer based out of Amritsar. You can look up VCDS or VAG-COM cable on India Mart for more options.

The cost of the cable was 9500/-. The version I have works even if the laptop is connected to the internet. Only gripe is that most of the adaptations are in German for MQB cars. There are a few tutorials online. I am exploring the tweaks still.

I am based out of Hyderabad. If anyone wants to play around with coding VAG cars, please DM me. I am eager to try out the cable with more VAG cars and VCDS.
Old 30th May 2023, 08:49   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
I recently purchased a HEX+CAN adapter and it works as expected on my MY19 Octavia TDI L&K. I purchased it directly from a dealer based out of Amritsar. You can look up VCDS or VAG-COM cable on India Mart for more options.

The cost of the cable was 9500/-. The version I have works even if the laptop is connected to the internet. Only gripe is that most of the adaptations are in German for MQB cars. There are a few tutorials online. I am exploring the tweaks still.

I am based out of Hyderabad. If anyone wants to play around with coding VAG cars, please DM me. I am eager to try out the cable with more VAG cars and VCDS.
Can you please share seller details?
Old 30th May 2023, 15:33   #943
BHPian

Noob question.

Does the latest Hex v2 cable work for all cars? or do we need a seperate cable for 2016/17 Jettas/ Octavias and the MQB A0 IN cars like the 2023 Kushaq/ Slavia?
Old 30th May 2023, 16:22   #944

Hello Peeps,

This is slightly off topic, but has anyone been able to identify the MIB (infotainment unit) version number? There are some toolboxes for MIB2 versions which may be of use for unlocking additional functionality / customizing current options.

I came across a few YouTube videos which show how to access the service menu on the infotainment and the version info is displayed there along with options to upgrade firmware.

The Kushaq's infotainment is quite different and I'm still trying to find the service mode. Also, while it is inspired from MIB3 systems, it's apparently still an older version.
" This 10.1-inch unit replicates the more expensive MIB3 system but is developed on the older MIB hardware."

(quote from Overdrive's review)

That's all the info I could find on the internet regarding the Kushaq's infotainment unit. If anyone has any info on this, help would be highly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
Hello eagle_bush, I'm in Hyderabad and would love to have a chance to play around with VCDS, however I cannot DM yet. Not sure how we can connect.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th May 2023 at 16:50. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 30th May 2023, 19:07   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Noob question.

Does the latest Hex v2 cable work for all cars? or do we need a seperate cable for 2016/17 Jettas/ Octavias and the MQB A0 IN cars like the 2023 Kushaq/ Slavia?
Latest cable is always backward compatible based on my intensive reading across multiple forms including ross-tech forums. I believe cars older than 2011 (needs confirmation) need a different cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandcurious View Post
Hello eagle_bush, I'm in Hyderabad and would love to have a chance to play around with VCDS, however I cannot DM yet. Not sure how we can connect.
I will DM you my details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks