Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2022, 09:41   #886
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
SFD isn't needed for any car in India currently other than the Mk4 Octavia. So no, its not SFD. Its just an Aliexpress edition cable
Hah.. I guess I wont run into bugs once I get my original cable.

Have you tried the injector minimum deviation calibration? Does it actually restore the fuel efficiency and eliminate knocking like when the car was new?
Old 13th September 2022, 23:28   #887
BHPian

I own a 2022 VW Polo GT Legend (1.0 TSI AT), got the speed alarm removed through remote coding.
A week ago my friend got his VW Virtus 1.0 TSI AT delivered and he wants the speed alarm coded as well.
The asking price for removing speed alarm is 7k. My friend suggested to get a device of our own and remove the speed alarm ourselves.
Now my dilemma is whether to buy the OBDeleven or get a VCDS cable.
It's straight forward but expensive getting the OBDeleven and I have 0 knowledge about VCDS cables as there are tons of cables on the market.
Can someone suggest me a good source to buy the VCDS cable that supports VW virtus?
Old 13th September 2022, 23:48   #888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
I own a 2022 VW Polo GT Legend (1.0 TSI AT), got the speed alarm removed through remote coding.
A week ago my friend got his VW Virtus 1.0 TSI AT delivered and he wants the speed alarm coded as well.
The asking price for removing speed alarm is 7k. My friend suggested to get a device of our own and remove the speed alarm ourselves.
Now my dilemma is whether to buy the OBDeleven or get a VCDS cable.
It's straight forward but expensive getting the OBDeleven and I have 0 knowledge about VCDS cables as there are tons of cables on the market.
Can someone suggest me a good source to buy the VCDS cable that supports VW virtus?
VCDS even in its latest version as of today is not updated to work with virtus, you have to wait until ross tech updates it . And even after that the genuine cable is your only option.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 01:50   #889
BHPian

Quote:
VCDS even in its latest version as of today is not updated to work with virtus, you have to wait until ross tech updates it . And even after that the genuine cable is your only option.
I was watching a youtube video where the youtuber get's the error rectified on his Virtus through what looks like a VCDS cable or regular OBD cable (Correct me if i'm wrong).

If the VCDS doesn't support MQB A0 IN platforms, does the OBD eleven support these? Just curious at this point.
Old 15th September 2022, 08:06   #890
BANNED

Quote:
I was watching a Youtube video where the Youtuber get's the error rectified on his Virtus through what looks like a VCDS cable or regular OBD cable (Correct me if i'm wrong).
https://Youtu.be/Ttme38glSJE?t=111

If the VCDS doesn't support MQB A0 IN platforms, does the OBD eleven support these? Just curious at this point.
VCDS supports other MQB A0 IN cars, just not the Virtus at the moment. As for the cable in the video, it is not VCDS.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 11:25   #891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I need to enter an access code to enable coding for the BCM. The Access code that is available in my VCDS as a hint(34137 IIRC) is not being accepted by the controller.
Quote:
If it doesn't work or is not being accepted by the controller, high possibility that your cable/ software is counterfeit. It's a known issue.
Though my cable is from Aliexpress as well as the software, this issue got resolved after I used an older version of the VCDS software. Was able to access all secure access functions.

Quote:

If you want to I can give it a try if its only the speed alarms that need to be removed.

Quote:
VCDS even in its latest version as of today is not updated to work with virtus, you have to wait until ross tech updates it .
I am surprised how it wont work with VW Virtus since more or less its the Slavia with a different set of variant codes. And how are instagram pages claiming to have made the same mods done on the Slavia on the Virtus also?
Old 27th September 2022, 13:25   #892
BANNED

Quote:

I am surprised how it wont work with VW Virtus since more or less its the Slavia with a different set of variant codes. And how are instagram pages claiming to have made the same mods done on the Slavia on the Virtus also?
Mods can be done, just not with VCDS

I have personally checked with a Virtus GT and genuine HEX-v2 with the latest version 2 weeks back. I expect Ross tech to release an update soon.
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:17   #893
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Got my VCDS cable from aliexpress and happy to say it worked well in the first shot...
Hi audioholic, can you share how you got it from AliExpress? I want to get one too but AliExpress payment isn't going through. It would be great if you could help.
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:18   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
Hi audioholic, can you share how you got it from AliExpress? I want to get one too but AliExpress payment isn't going through. It would be great if you could help.
Just contact the seller and ask them to process your order and they can send a PayPal link to you for payment.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:20   #895
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Just contact the seller and ask them to process your order and they can send a PayPal link to you for payment.
Sorry for the noob question but do I need to place order before I contact them?
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:21   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMV View Post
Sorry for the noob question but do I need to place order before I contact them?
You can do that or just message them directly. The sellers are very responsive.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:23   #897
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
You can do that or just message them directly. The sellers are very responsive.
Thanks for the prompt response! Going ahead to get one for my 2021 Vento TSI. Want to remove speed warnings as well as enable some features.
Old 14th November 2022, 10:29   #898

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
Am based out of Adyar. Let me know what you need. I have a V20.4.2 cable.
Drop me a private message.
Hi,
I recently joined Team BHP. I was looking for VCDS scanning and found your post.
I'm in Chennai and need your help to set IQ(adaptation) and TDI timing using VCDS.
Could you please help to scan my Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI?
Old 8th December 2022, 15:06   #899
BHPian

Finally received my VCDS cable from US yesterday. Proud to own a genuine one. After a 2 month long ordeal with FedEx over wrongly charged custom duties, they finally did not admit their mistake and sent the item back to the US, which worked to my advantage. This time I asked the seller to declare a lower value in customs and send via USPS and the it finally arrived without having to pay any custom duty at all.

Already playing around with it.

The 2018 VW's control modules are very different from the earlier Euro spec cars so many of them are not fully documented in VCDS. have mailed them a full detailed 15 minute diagnostic scan report which they requested so they can work on the undocumented modules and provide an update for the same.

First thing I did,

Injector Minimum quantity deviation: Engine throttle response feels smoother. Starts have become smoother, no visible improvement in fuel efficiency, but then there wasnt really much wrong with my engine anyway. Did this process for any 2 or 3 % optimization that may have been achieved.

ABS Module

Disable Straight Line stabilization:

Read this on US VW Golf forums where they claimed better and more predictable braking. Personal first hand feedback, it does feel better. Earlier when suddenly braking from above 130 to 140kmph, even though road and steering was straight, the car would slightly swerve left and right (Newer models only, not the earlier EURO spec cars). I know this sounds counter logical, but the problem is that once there is uneven brake disc wear or pad wear, the stabilization setting actually becomes counter productive. With this disabled, am able to slam the brakes hard with more confidence, tried this repeatedly. This might be useful mainly in snowy or slippery conditions. But for dry conditions, disabling this has definitely made improvements in hard braking from high speeds.

Waiting on advanced settings access keys from Ross Tech, as the current modules are after the cost cutting measures and many of them are different from the international versions and do not even have the same level of tweaking options available.

If there are any VAGCom experts here, can anyone confirm whether its possible to upgrade the steering assist module to the one used on the Euro cars. The local one doesnt seem to have the steering assist settings like Dynamic, Sport, or highly assisted etc to change the feel of the steering wheel. Also waiting on response from Ross Tech. maybe the adaptations have changed and maybe they need to update to recognize the new location group number or something.

Even the Auto HVAC Module adaptation doesnt give the option of tweaking the Cold Tuning more or less air according to climate option. I hope these are just due to undocumented changes in the newer modules rather than VW having done away with these possible tweakability altogether to reduce costs.

Last edited by Racer911 : 8th December 2022 at 15:11. Reason: additional feedback
Racer911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 02:01   #900
HMV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer911 View Post

Disable Straight Line stabilization:
Earlier when suddenly braking from above 130 to 140kmph, even though road and steering was straight, the car would slightly swerve left and right (Newer models only, not the earlier EURO spec cars).
Just experienced this in my 2021 Vento TSI. I was at the speeds mentioned and a bus jumped into my lane all of a sudden. I slammed on the brakes but the steering went loose and the car first swerved right slightly and then left, all this whilst shedding speeds slower than I’d have liked it to. My 2011 Vento TDI used to stop on a dime and its brakes felt way more confidence-inspiring. I’m not as confident with my new Vento when it comes to braking.

Quote:

I hope these are just due to undocumented changes in the newer modules rather than VW having done away with these possible tweakability altogether to reduce costs.
Hopefully. Already feeling like a downgrade from my 2011 Vento in many aspects, like steering, suspension, fit & finish and braking.

Last edited by HMV : 11th December 2022 at 02:03. Reason: Corrected a Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks