Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2022, 20:29   #826
BHPian

Re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Could you please explain how to order stuff through AliExpress now. As I need some stuff for my Jetta and normally he Aliexpress site does not open, though it opens via VPN.

Thanks
It can only be done by chatting with the seller and agreeing with an "off" aliexpress transaction through PayPal. Most sellers do not get involved however some having experienced of selling on other platform agrees. Such sellers generally have a Skype account as well to chat without leaving traces on aliexpress.
Old 3rd March 2022, 18:29   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivasain View Post
I have an OBDEleven ... can do the scanning or any long coding for you. What exactly do you want to achieve ? The label files in OBDEleven arent as advanced as VAGCOM VCDS. But if you know what you are looking for or do ... you can do it using OBDEleven

Welcome. Yes, I have.
Hi Siva, I just got my hand son an OBDEleven too and would love to get some pointers mate....
Do let me know...
Thanks !!
Old 6th March 2022, 18:08   #828
BHPian

After more than 6 months of the extremely annoying 80/120 Speed warnings, I finally contacted DrCodeMyVW and got it disabled on my Skoda Superb Sportline.
Also enabled a few more mods while I was at it, like the vRS cluster, 30 color ambient lights, blower speed while the Auto AC was enabled, and increased the lane change clicks to 5.
Just wanted to point out that he was extremely professional, and I have no hesitation in recommending him!
The best part is he will courier the dongle to you, and code the car over TeamViewer.
Very enterprising, I must say!
Old 7th March 2022, 16:52   #829
BHPian

I have Rosstech VCDS cable which I have used for coding/tweaking a lot of stuff for VW car owners. Recently, a 2010 Superb came for disabling certain things (bulb out error, a few more tweaks) but I could not find any option in the VCDS (Central Electric) section or elsewhere. Spent over an hour and finally given up.

I thought VCDS is the main tool for VAG cars, what did I miss?
Old 7th March 2022, 20:12   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
I have Rosstech VCDS cable which I have used for coding/tweaking a lot of stuff for VW car owners. Recently, a 2010 Superb came for disabling certain things (bulb out error, a few more tweaks) but I could not find any option in the VCDS (Central Electric) section or elsewhere. Spent over an hour and finally given up.

I thought VCDS is the main tool for VAG cars, what did I miss?
The options are listed under adaptations in central electrics. For some features, You would require the security codes to access and change the preset values.
Old 7th March 2022, 20:14   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgaquarius View Post
The options are listed under adaptations in central electrics. For some features, You would require the security codes to access and change the preset values.
Explored in adaptations as well as coding and also in security access, the options were missing.
Old 12th March 2022, 17:23   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
I recently purchased a VCDS cable on AliExpress for Rs 2400. I knew it was a lottery, but decided to take my chances since the item had 200+ orders and good reviews.
  1. It works with VCDS version 19.6.1.
  2. I obtained the download link for the software from the seller, and was able to successfully install it on my laptop running Windows 10.
  3. The drivers were also installed successfully, after temporarily disabling the driver signature enforcement.
  4. I connected my laptop to my 2015 GT TSI, and all modules were read successfully.
  5. I was able to run a full auto-scan, and also make coding changes.
Very satisfied with my purchase, and happy to help forum members in the Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai region on my free weekends.
Good evening brother,
Can you please share your contact details to get in touch with you ? I am also located in Mumbai and need some help with coding my 2012 Vento 1.6TDI with VCDS tweaks.
Old 18th March 2022, 11:42   #833

Skoda Laura: How to enable distance to empty feature

Hi Bhpians.. I used to get the distance to empty reading in my Skoda Laura. However, due to the car ECM being faulty, I had to get it repaired. After repairing the ECM, I believe the car did a reset and now I am no longer able to see the distance to empty in the instrument cluster. It just shows the outside temperature. I tried several things however that did not work.
Anyone here got an idea on how to enable the distance to empty feature in a Skoda Laura please?
Old 18th March 2022, 14:08   #834

Re: Skoda Laura: How to enable distance to empty feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRider View Post
Hi Bhpians..
=========
Anyone here got an idea on how to enable the distance to empty feature in a Skoda Laura please?
Just found out. There is a "Trip" switch at the end of wiper lever.

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th March 2022 at 15:17. Reason: Trimming quoted post, please avoid quoting large post for short replies
Old 5th April 2022, 11:02   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthjn View Post
Am based out of Adyar. Let me know what you need. I have a V20.4.2 cable.
Drop me a private message.
Are you still in Adyar? I've a 2021 Polo, will your VCDS cable work with 2021 model? I can come to Adyar. Newbie here, can't DM.
Old 5th April 2022, 13:27   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
I checked on Ali-express with the same vendor and it is delivering to India at the same price.
BUT I see that the VINs supported shows as 1997 - 2017. What year is your friend's car ?

This is the link for reference.

I am planning to get this for my Rapid TSI 2021.
I've a couple of questions for you. Did the product get delivered?
Is the cable working with 2021 model? I've a 2021 Polo and want to get few things done. I don't mind taking a chance with Aliexpress if the cable works with newer cars.
Old 6th April 2022, 12:00   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacmanBegins View Post
I've a couple of questions for you. Did the product get delivered?
Is the cable working with 2021 model? I've a 2021 Polo and want to get few things done. I don't mind taking a chance with Aliexpress if the cable works with newer cars.
Not yet. As Gannu_1 posted I will first have to check with the seller if this works with the newer TSI models and then only will be able to comment.

Thanks for reminding me though on this. I will check with the seller today. Got caught up in other things.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 19:41   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Not yet. As Gannu_1 posted I will first have to check with the seller if this works with the newer TSI models and then only will be able to comment.

Thanks for reminding me though on this. I will check with the seller today. Got caught up in other things.
Thank you, do keep us posted on the developments.
Old 8th April 2022, 10:54   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
After more than 6 months of the extremely annoying 80/120 Speed warnings, I finally contacted DrCodeMyVW and got it disabled on my Skoda Superb Sportline.
Also enabled a few more mods while I was at it, like the vRS cluster, 30 color ambient lights, blower speed while the Auto AC was enabled, and increased the lane change clicks to 5.
Just wanted to point out that he was extremely professional, and I have no hesitation in recommending him!
The best part is he will courier the dongle to you, and code the car over TeamViewer.
Very enterprising, I must say!
I have been informed by a reliable source that if the 80/120 km warning has been disabled and there is an accident while driving the vehicle, the insurance may not entertain the claim. Not verified though
Old 26th April 2022, 09:46   #840
BHPian

Guys I am new to the VAG Systems. I just got a Polo 1.2 Comfortline Petrol 2012. This is my first VAG group car.

I am looking for a VCDS HEX CAN cable. AliExpress is not shipping to India. Is there any other reliable source which ships to India currently. If I am unable to source the cable, is there any team-bhp member in Delhi-NCR who has VCDS running and can help me this time.

For starters I want to do the following through VCDS:
1. A few seconds after starting I get 3 long beeps. I want to scan for errors and fix them
2. The Polo Comfortline has Central Locking through Driver side Key. I want to add an OEM VW Remote Key after programming it in VCDS as shown by this guy in this video:

I guess first I will have to get the VAG No and find out the Frequency of the Remote Key. Then I can acquire the oem keys and program them.

Styler.

Last edited by Styler : 26th April 2022 at 10:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks