Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:19   #286
Senior - BHPian

Universal filter

Hi guys
i have a some questions regarding K&N filters as am thinking of putting a universal type filter in my Carb 800
1-According to K&N 's site the universal filter is not meant for use in street cars and only for racing vehciles.So is it ok if is t be fitted in a street car.If so how long will
can i excpect the filter to last with proper service.
2-The warranty for a K&N universal filter is only for 1 year while that for a stock replacement one is for a million miles and a liftime one.Why is the difference?
3-I have been quoted around 5400 for a cold air intake with a universal filter by Automech.Is this price correct ?
thanks
looking forward for your answers
Old 8th February 2009, 10:12   #287
Senior - BHPian

not sure if this link's been posted before
Tuning the LET - Intake
Old 12th February 2009, 21:31   #288
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

Can we install K&N Performance filters for SX4 and is there a readily available kit from K&N for SX4 ?

Thank you
Old 24th February 2009, 22:50   #289
BHPian

Is K&N stock replacement filters available for Optra magnum ? I Checked out with Autocar and Evo but they are not able to find one.
Old 24th February 2009, 23:37   #290
Senior - BHPian

You get them in mumbai for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Hi Gurus,

Can we install K&N Performance filters for SX4 and is there a readily available kit from K&N for SX4 ?

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Is K&N stock replacement filters available for Optra magnum ? I Checked out with Autocar and Evo but they are not able to find one.
Old 25th February 2009, 02:24   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
You get them in mumbai for sure.
Thanks for the reply KSM. By any chance do you know the exact part no of K&N stock replacement for Optra magnum diesel? If yes then I can place an order for that here in Bangalore.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:57   #292
BHPian

Whats the filter for Santro zipdrive 2001 model? How much does it cost?
I am looking for milage too.
Old 25th February 2009, 20:55   #293
BHPian

depends on what exactly you want. do you want a stock replacement filter or the universal performance oriented filters?
please follow the link below and find the right product for you.

Car Power Grid
Old 28th February 2009, 21:12   #294
Senior - BHPian

Postioning of the CAI

Hi guys
i need suggestions on how to make my Cold Air Intake (K&N univ) actually take in Cold Air.Below are the pics,let me know how to stop it from sucking in hot air from the fan.
After the installation i have noticed a significant improvement in thr torque.Can't hear the intake growl as Automech FFE drowns the noise.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
K&N filters-conical1.jpg  

K&N filters-image058.jpg  

Old 14th March 2009, 18:35   #295
Senior - BHPian

Moved the K&N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi guys
i need suggestions on how to make my Cold Air Intake (K&N univ) actually take in Cold Air.Below are the pics,let me know how to stop it from sucking in hot air from the fan.
After the installation i have noticed a significant improvement in thr torque.Can't hear the intake growl as Automech FFE drowns the noise.

Thanks
Hi guys, changed the position of the filter finally.Had to remove the windshield washer container to accomodate the charcoal can which was the reason begin the earlier fitting.
Now i can truly say it is a proper a CAI.
Attached Thumbnails
K&N filters-3image053.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 20:53   #296
BHPian

Almost immediately after I had my K&N (open filter, not the box) installed in my 1.6L Ikon, I started noticing degradation in performance and fuel economy. This perplexed me for a while, and for the first few days I put it down to the fact that I had just bought my Swift 1.3 MJD and had gotten a little used to the turbo surge it offered.

Eventually, though, I knew there was something amiss. I took the Ikon back to Four Seasons (Bombay) and told them to check it out. When they opened up the hood, they found that the clamp around the pipe they had to retrofit had come lose, and the air being sucked into the filter was escaping from a gap that had opened up. Two minutes and some spanner-work later, problem solved. The performance was back, but I still had some niggling doubts.

Turns out there was also a small hole in my exhaust end-can. I took the car for a service last saturday and told Ford to put her up on a ramp and take a look. Yep, there's a small hole, which is probably why (a) there's been a slight drop in performance (b) the engine note's been a little rough and a little loud, and (c) there's been a slight drop in fuel eco.

I'm getting the car back from Ford on Wednesday. Hopefully the issues will be done by then and I can truly see if the K&N's working like it's supposed to.

Off-topic: Ford claimed that the hole couldn't be spot-welded, and they had to replace segments of the silencer/exhaust. I bet they're lying, but I'm not an expert, so had to accept what they're telling me.
Old 16th March 2009, 21:12   #297
BHPian

Anyone know where to get the Recharger Kit here in Chennai. Searched a bit and noone seems to have it. The shop where I picked it up from wants 500 bucks just to clean and reoil it . Figured I'd rather do it myself. If only I can find some stock of the kit. Am running a replacement filter on my Xing. Any help would be much appreaciated. Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2009, 17:00   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
Anyone know where to get the Recharger Kit here in Chennai. Searched a bit and noone seems to have it. The shop where I picked it up from wants 500 bucks just to clean and reoil it . Figured I'd rather do it myself. If only I can find some stock of the kit. Am running a replacement filter on my Xing. Any help would be much appreaciated. Thanks.
HI,Kevciti
You can use the dealer search to locate a dealer for the oil.

K&N Air Filter & Air Intake Dealer Search - Where to buy K&N Products
Old 23rd March 2009, 10:47   #299
BHPian

The cleaning recharging kit cost about a 1000. works for 6 to 8 times per bottle. You could speak to four seasons in haji ali, mumbai or from bhavni motors in milan.
they could mail it to you.
Old 12th July 2009, 22:43   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Hi Gurus,

Thank you
No K & N cannot be fitted in SX4, reasons no stock replacement available and you cannot remove the entire assembly for CAI due to air sensors which plague the entire unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks