Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2007, 11:40   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
guys can any one tell is it possible to fit a k & n universal filter for my diesel zen.......are k& n filters only for petrol vehicles ?????
You can fit a K&N filter on a diesel car. Our chennai member Nitrous was running his Tata Sumo with a Universal K&N. I vaguely recollect him saying that the intake noise was too much and hence he removed it.

Send him a PM for more info.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:02   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys...got the K&N performace filter fixed yesterday.....definatley it has improved my cars performance...with the stock filter car was sluggish...power delivery was not smooth but with this its solved all the issues..

+points:
- Definate improvement in the performance..as in intial and midrange...
- Mild roar of the engine makes you feel good
- Any improvement in the milage?? yet to know.. will keep you guys informed
- Car is very sensitive and accelarates with a soft touch makes city driving fun....

- Filter very clos eto the battery....so dont know how safe it is...
- Rest will know as in i use the car...

wiill keep you guys informed...drive safe
Old 1st June 2007, 11:57   #168
Senior - BHPian

guys, is there a K&N filter for my scorpio 2.6dx ??, is it available in chennai?? and what about the price?? will it show any improvement in the performance of my ride?? and i also want to know whether there are any cold air induction kits for diesel vehicles?? waiting for your replies .....
Old 1st June 2007, 14:23   #169
BHPian

ask method guys they will tell you if it is available and what size and price you should go for.use this:
Methods Car Parts and Car Accessories Online Shop and Distributors in Bangalore India, K&N Performance Filters, Sparco Motorsport Accessories
Old 12th June 2007, 00:41   #170
Senior - BHPian

hey all,

just want to know if anyone has put a k & n on their bike. i have a bull std 350 (1984 regn). want to know if advicable or not.

cheers.
Old 12th June 2007, 01:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hey all,

just want to know if anyone has put a k & n on their bike. i have a bull std 350 (1984 regn). want to know if advicable or not.

cheers.
There are few members who have K&N in thier bikes like Pulsar and Karizma. It will increase performance but i dont think their will be k&n available for your 1984 bullet.
Old 12th June 2007, 01:27   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
There are few members who have K&N in thier bikes like Pulsar and Karizma. It will increase performance but i dont think their will be k&n available for your 1984 bullet.
hmm. . coz i just saw on the two wheeler section under the thread 'thunderbid chopper' a chopper with a K & N air filter. But there was no 'mother' or father of that bike to answer my question. and hence i posted the question here.
Old 12th June 2007, 07:19   #173
BHPian

I have seen quite a few bullets in Delhi and in McLeodganj with the same K&N you mentioned . I think this is the one. I am not too sure about this though.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RU-3170
Old 12th June 2007, 21:55   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I have seen quite a few bullets in Delhi and in McLeodganj with the same K&N you mentioned . I think this is the one. I am not too sure about this though.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=RU-3170
Do you know any one first hand who has had a positive change in this bullet after using one ?
Old 21st June 2007, 01:52   #175
Senior - BHPian

Universal #0950

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
K & N Air Filter Universal - 4168/-
Adoptors 101/63 - 1244/-
Intake pipe and clamps - 577/- (about 4/5" long.Not really visible in the pic)
rjstyles, are these rates from madras or bangalore? If bangalore which shop is it cause the guy I went to qouted

4290 - Universal #0950
1400 - Flange
300 - Fitting charges

Also any tips on the fitting?... I know should be away from hot zones and close to the front bumper... anything else?

IronWolf
Old 21st June 2007, 10:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know any one first hand who has had a positive change in this bullet after using one ?

I was using a "Uni" filter on one of my bull, yes did find a good change in power and milage. but had to fiddle quiet a bit with carb settings.
like rejetting and niddle settings. this will test your patience and your mechs but is worth it

Fitting wont be a issue, i had a oprn type filter which was directly mounted to the carb. only isssue is it gets dirty very soon and also you need something like a mesh which locks it. just to ensure none flicks it when its parked.

good luck!
Old 21st June 2007, 19:36   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
rjstyles, are these rates from madras or bangalore? If bangalore which shop is it cause the guy I went to qouted

4290 - Universal #0950
1400 - Flange
300 - Fitting charges
Rates are from Bangalore.Wonder if there is any price difference in the quote's mentioned

I got it done from Ozz One in IndiraNagar(pretty close to hot tracks on OMR).
I was advised this kind of install as seen in the pic.

Binz suggested something else. I was even told to put in a fiber sheild kinda thingy between the filter and the engine.

No time , actually havent faced any problems as yet.
Cleaned the filter after it ran for 6k kms. Nothing else.
Old 21st June 2007, 20:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pm sankar.

Post too short..
Old 30th June 2007, 01:53   #179
Senior - BHPian

So boys.. I have been rambling about the KnN and done nothing about it for 2 weeks since getting the car. Well here is the job.

Mclaren.. sorry did not take your advice on the 3550. I know thats enough for the throttle body etc...

however the 0950 Universal.. for 1k more is all about MHP , More Growl and Under bonnet bling when people (like me) who dont know too much about mods, to see it and go "Thats one huge filter" .

Damm thats a huge growl.. did not know it would be that loud after 3000rpm. my ol esteem had the std flat round type and it was not this loud.

So was pleasantly surprised.

RJ.. bought it in torque and he sent me to fix it in Ozz cause the Torque fitting boys had not come in yet.

Going to check the car and get some advice from fast cars near atria hotel. Cousin with a E-Zen goes there.

Whats next you say????
Old 30th June 2007, 02:15   #180
BHPian

guys with k&n in your lancers please provide feedback please. I am planing on gettin k&n fitted. but dont know if i should go for stock/typhoon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks