Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2013, 17:21   #121
BHPian

Re: All about Car Polishing

I picked up waxpol metal polish today. Is it safe to use on my Safari's chrome? or i just keep it to polish metal taps and other things at home

-Ijeet
Old 26th December 2013, 17:52   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
I picked up waxpol metal polish today. Is it safe to use on my Safari's chrome? or i just keep it to polish metal taps and other things at home

-Ijeet
It's very much safe and my go to metal polish. Works great on removing salt scaling on bathroom fixtures as well!
Old 26th December 2013, 19:38   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by USJ View Post
1) Wash entire car with Formula 1 shampoo.
Ensure you follow the 2 bucket method to wash the car. As a newbie, I used to wash the car with either old banian cloths or those cheap towels sold at traffic signals. If you are doing something similar, get yourself some good MF towels and wash mitts.
You may also clay bar your car after washing. (Spend your time and energy here instead of Step-4)
Quote:
2) Get hold of Megs Ultimate Polish and a suitable pad. (need pointers for the most VFM option and possible availability in Pune)
While Meg's UP is an absolutely wonderful product, it is practically near impossible to get rid of swirls by hand. An alternative is to use a good filling polish like Auto Glym Super Resin Polish. It can fill up and mask minor swirls. And it costs approximately the same as Meg's UP.

Quote:
4) If I am not out of breath, put a coat of Formula 1 wax (Can I eliminate this step if Collinite is used?)
Not at all required.

Last edited by amazer2013 : 26th December 2013 at 19:40.
amazer2013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 12:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know of where I can pick up / order a 3 inch backing plate for DAS 6 DA in India?

something like this:

http://i4detailing.co.uk/shop/flexip...ing-plate.html

I am incurring more cost in shipping than the product cost if I order from UK! Neither do I need anything else to add to the shipment to justify the shipping.
Old 27th December 2013, 13:00   #125
BHPian

Hello experts,
Recently, a quarter of the rear left door of my Silver Amaze was repainted after removing a small dent. The repainted surface feels rough to the touch, almost like matte finish. When asked, they said it has to be polished only after 6-8 hours after painting. I had to take the car urgently.
Now I don't want to drive all the way just for this small job. Can I buy a small 100gm pack of 3M-Perfect it and rub it myself using Meg's foam applicator pad? Or which product/method do you suggest?
Old 28th December 2013, 13:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Anyone know of where I can pick up / order a 3 inch backing plate for DAS 6 DA in India?

something like this:

http://i4detailing.co.uk/shop/flexip...ing-plate.html

I am incurring more cost in shipping than the product cost if I order from UK! Neither do I need anything else to add to the shipment to justify the shipping.
I don't know if anybody sells a 75mm DA Backing plate in India but I buy all my backing plates, pads and towels from here as the shipping is only 4.5 pounds.

It will cost you approximately INR 1,250 to get this http://spautopia.co.uk/paint-care/ba...cking-pad-75mm instead of the Flexipads product from i4detailing that will cost you approximately INR 1,900.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 14:15   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I don't know if anybody sells a 75mm DA Backing plate in India but I buy all my backing plates, pads and towels from here as the shipping is only 4.5 pounds.

It will cost you approximately INR 1,250 to get this http://spautopia.co.uk/paint-care/ba...cking-pad-75mm instead of the Flexipads product from i4detailing that will cost you approximately INR 1,900.
Thanks for the pointer.
Just ordered the same. Guess the package should arrive by regular post (?).
Do you have an approximate idea about how long it takes via regular airmail to reach?
Old 28th December 2013, 16:18   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer.
Just ordered the same. Guess the package should arrive by regular post (?).
Do you have an approximate idea about how long it takes via regular airmail to reach?
They are quite fast, my first three orders were delivered within 10 days but the last order has been out for almost 3 weeks now. I guess I could blame the holidays. It will be sent via UK Royal Mail and then delivered to you by your friendly neighborhood postman.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 28th December 2013 at 16:21.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 17:35   #129
BHPian

Got in touch with Mr Anthony from autoglym.
Got the SRP handed over at their atria mall car wash.
Paid 1200 for the applicator a perfume and a 500ml bottle.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Polishing-image2777054590.jpg  

All about Car Polishing-image588953553.jpg  

manas27587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 11:50   #130
BHPian

Quote:
They are quite fast, my first three orders were delivered within 10 days but the last order has been out for almost 3 weeks now. I guess I could blame the holidays.
Same here. My backing plate was shipped on 3rd december, still waiting for it. :(
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 00:08   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Same here. My backing plate was shipped on 3rd december, still waiting for it. :(
Did your order arrive yet?

I placed the order around 8th December and it's still not here. Beginning to curse myself for placing an order during the holiday season. I placed 7 orders from UK in 2013 and all of them were here in 7-10 days except this one
Old 10th January 2014, 00:20   #132
BHPian

Quote:

I placed the order around 8th December and it's still not here. Beginning to curse myself for placing an order during the holiday season. I placed 7 orders from UK in 2013 and all of them were here in 7-10 days except this one
Not yet. In fact I asked spautopia about it. They said they are gonna give me a full refund and asked me to order again with the signed international shipping option. They said lot of packages sent to India with 4.50 GBP shipping are going lost and they have removed that shipping option now.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 15:10   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. In fact I asked spautopia about it. They said they are gonna give me a full refund and asked me to order again with the signed international shipping option. They said lot of packages sent to India with 4.50 GBP shipping are going lost and they have removed that shipping option now.
That's a shame as it was the cheapest shipping option anywhere in the world. India Post messed it up for us I guess. I received my earlier 3 orders from them without any issues.
Old 10th January 2014, 17:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are quite fast, my first three orders were delivered within 10 days but the last order has been out for almost 3 weeks now. I guess I could blame the holidays. It will be sent via UK Royal Mail and then delivered to you by your friendly neighborhood postman.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
That's a shame as it was the cheapest shipping option anywhere in the world. India Post messed it up for us I guess. I received my earlier 3 orders from them without any issues.
Damn it !
My spautopia order was shipped on the 3rd of Jan, but going by the responses above, might not reach me ever! Keeping my fingers crossed though..
So long for (relatively) cheap shipping from abroad.
Old 10th January 2014, 17:28   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Damn it !
You ordered after the holidays so in all probability, it will get here. Like I said, I ordered 7 times using Royal Mail from UK in 2013 and never had any trouble till now.

Plus, Spautopia will refund your money if it doesn't get here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks