Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 13:05   #301
BHPian

Re: Victoria Concours Red Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
  • Clay
  • Scholl S20B with Scholl Spider Sandwich pad on panels that needed the correction
  • Sonax Perfect Finish on Sonax Orange foam pad on the panels that didn't need much correction. Both the polishes finish LSP ready in one step.
  • Panel wipe with Sonax Paint Prepare to check the results
  • Victoria Wax Deep cleanse on a Blue Hex pad/Black Hex pad to chemically clean the paint and lay down a nice oily base for the wax
  • 1 coat of Victoria Concours Red Wax all over. 2 coats on the boot.
Whew, first Vics review here. The car looks superb. Vics has some rave reviews everywhere, but sourcing the same is a daunting task. Thanks for sharing your experience .

One question here, is it recommended by the manufacturer to be left to haze before buffing off ?. Asking as, most show car waxes recommend you to buff it off before hazing.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 11:19   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about Car Waxes & Sealants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I also got Sonax High Speed Wax from the same shop last week. I am impressed with the gloss and shine. It is also value for money at Rs. 700. I could not test the beading as car has not seen a proper rain after that.

Hope it will last for a couple of months at least.
I am not happy with the water beading and durability of the wax. The water beading is bad. As per some reports online, water beading does not indicate the protection effectiveness of the wax. Is it so?

Also, the gloss did not last over a week. I have got Ultimate Quick Wax, let me see how it goes.
Old 5th September 2014, 11:51   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Also, the gloss did not last over a week. I have got Ultimate Quick Wax, let me see how it goes.
The gloss of Ultimate Quick Wax will last for 2 weeks maximum in my running conditions. These spray waxes are just there for enhancing the looks and extending the life of the underlying traditional wax or sealant. So we can't expect any durability from them.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 5th September 2014 at 11:53.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 17:42   #304
BHPian

These spray waxes will not have the density/hardness of the regular waxes. The buffing done by polishing machines also helps enhance the hardness/smoothness of the coating. Thats why spray waxes will not last as much or bead as much as regular waxes. There still will be protection for the life of the coating.
Old 5th October 2014, 11:51   #305
Senior - BHPian

My cousin was kind enough to gift me a Waxpol tin when he purchased one.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7682.jpg

First tried it on my 12 year old Omni.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7480.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7486.jpg

I then tried in on all the panels at the left side of my i20. It brought out nice shine.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7673.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7674.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7681.jpg
guyfrmblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 20:56   #306
BHPian

I too purchased Waxpol last month for my Wagon R.
At Rs 100 for a 100gm tin, its ultimate value for money
The quantity is enough for 3-4 applications on a small car. Very good shine & water beading, though not very durable (but anyway not complaining).
anuragn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 21:08   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
, though not very durable (but anyway not complaining).
Does it last 1 month?

guyfrmblr - Do Let us know how long this lasts in your test.
Old 5th October 2014, 21:30   #308
BHPian

It's two weeks since I applied and with one shampoo wash in between, the paint surface still looks and feels like freshly waxed.
Water beading effect needs to be checked next time it rains (i.e. if) or during the next water wash.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:23   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
It's two weeks since I applied and with one shampoo wash in between, the paint surface still looks and feels like freshly waxed.
Water beading effect needs to be checked next time it rains (i.e. if) or during the next water wash.
It rained yesterday evening and I can still see water beading effect. I cleaned the car today morning with Proklear waterless wash and the surface is still smooth to touch with a clean look.
Old 26th October 2014, 14:31   #310
Senior - BHPian

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414313809.889842.jpgAll about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414313829.797658.jpgAll about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414313859.497908.jpgAll about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1414313949.662089.jpg

Sonax Shampoo ( didn't like it ) + Bilt Hamber auto-clay+ Poorboys Pro Polish2 + FK 101 + Collinite 915
speedsatya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 16:29   #311

Guys, I need some help. Where in Bangalore can I purchase Meguiar's swirl X or Sonax perfect finish. My aim is to remove swirls by hand. Which pad should I purchase?
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:02   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel92 View Post
Guys, I need some help. Where in Bangalore can I purchase Meguiar's swirl X or Sonax perfect finish. My aim is to remove swirls by hand. Which pad should I purchase?
For the former, you can try Elite Car Care.. They have a branch near Jayanagar but I seem to remember that they have one more elsewhere.
Tabasco Sauce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 20:51   #313
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It also depends on what are the extent of swirls but what you are planning to use are mild. By hand it will take considerable effort to really remove swirls. You will need something with more cut or bite which means a lower grit polish. You cannot do much damage by hand so dont worry if the polish is a little more abrasive, also you will need a hand polish applicator and not a pad
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 07:33   #314

Thanks guys. The swirls are mild. Have never tried any swirl remover/cutting polish before. Besides these two could you recommend any other product. What about Meguiars Ultimate compound, is that stronger than swirl X?
Old 5th November 2014, 16:54   #315
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. The swirls are mild. Have never tried any swirl remover/cutting polish before. Besides these two could you recommend any other product. What about Meguiars Ultimate compound, is that stronger than swirl X?
Yes that is stronger, there are ample choices from different brands now. With hand as i mentioned, there is no worry or concern about paint damage etc so you can choose a product which has more bite and from a good brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks