Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 11:31   #286
BHPian

Sonax Nano Guard Paint Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
http://www.sonax.com/Products/Premiu...oating-NanoPro

Hi guys, my friends recommended this for our silky gold fortuner. Does any one know about it or give some comments? A sample bottle will be with us next week.
Its 6 months and 5000 kms of rough use and wash/wipe once in 2 weeks after i applied the Sonax Nano Guard Paint Protection and i admit this nifty little 50ml pocket rocket costed approx Euro30 but well worth it. (Bought in Europe)

So whats the noise about ? Click to see for yourself.

http://professional.sonax.com/Vehicl...-Paint-protect

Pay attention to the reflection of the untreated bumper vs treated paint surface.) The surface when felt with hand isnt silky waxed smooth but little rough, but that's how it is.We wash the car myself and it was washed last week with clinic plus shampoo.

Now let see the pictures and a video of water effect below. Since the car isnt washed, you can see the dust on it still.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-7.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-6.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-1.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-2.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-3.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-4.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-5.jpg

& the Video link

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.mp4

So the vehicle has NO polish/wax or whatever. The bumpers are untouched by this treatment.
Now Euro30 protection for approx 8-9 months heck why not. I will apply one layer more in December.

After covering the entire vehicle, i think there is close to 10-15 ml left in the can.

Last edited by roadjourno : 21st June 2014 at 11:40.
roadjourno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 11:47   #287
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sonax Nano Guard Paint Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Its 6 months and 5000 kms of rough use and wash/wipe once in 2 weeks after i applied the Sonax Nano Guard Paint Protection and i admit this nifty little 50ml pocket rocket costed approx Euro30 but well worth it. (Bought in Europe)

After covering the entire vehicle, i think there is close to 10-15 ml left in the can.

Looks good I would also apply a good layer of wax on top of this and see the results
Is this a spray can?
Captain Slow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 13:37   #288
BHPian

Re: Sonax Nano Guard Paint Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Looks good I would also apply a good layer of wax on top of this and see the results
Is this a spray can?
Well matter of choice... maybe someday ;-)
Its spray can.
Old 21st June 2014, 21:35   #289
BHPian

Re: All about Car Waxes & Sealants

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Try Methods automobile, JC road, Bangalore.
Thanks.
Since I plan to wash the car this weekend and want some protection, however basic, I have picked up a Sonax High Speec Wax from Torque for Rs710. This will go on after wash with Sonax Gloss Shampoo.
rajathv8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:27   #290
Senior - BHPian

Bilt Hamber Clay , Poorboys Pro Polish 2 , FK1000, Collinite 915
Detailing was done 15 days back , attaching a few pics
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404457016.597650.jpgAll about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404457034.754407.jpg

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404456907.718035.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404456927.645044.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-imageuploadedbyteambhp1404456972.453822.jpg  

speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 00:39   #291
BHPian

I've been using Carnauba waxes from Turtle/ Formula 1 for a long time now, but this time around thought of trying out Turtle Blue synthetic wax after reading about the high gloss finish it leaves on the car apart from the ease of application. Was indeed pleasantly surprised by the results- it does give a mirror finish on the car with no white wax dust to deal with. The stuff is expensive and I ordered it off jazzmyride.com. Happy with the results!
Old 7th July 2014, 08:15   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I've been using Carnauba waxes from Turtle/ Formula 1 for a long time now, but this time around thought of trying out Turtle Blue synthetic wax after reading about the high gloss finish it leaves on the car apart from the ease of application. Was indeed pleasantly surprised by the results- it does give a mirror finish on the car with no white wax dust to deal with. The stuff is expensive and I ordered it off jazzmyride.com. Happy with the results!

any pictures please? White wax dust, can you please elaborate? What color is your car? tnx
cheers
Old 7th July 2014, 21:49   #293
BHPian

I recently got the opportunity to use Sonax Gloss Shampoo (SGS) and Sonax High Speed Wax (SHSW). Since this is a thread dedicated to Waxes and Sealants I will focus on the SHSW.

Details:
1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle with spray nozzle
2.- Directions: Simple and clear
3.- Viscosity: Thin liquid
4.- Color: White
5.- Scent: None
6.- MRP: Rs.749 for 500ml
8.- Manufacturer: Sonax GmbH
9.- Made in: Germany
10. Availability: Shell petrol bunks and few auto accessory shops including Torque Bhimanagar and MotoAdda Indiranagar. It is available on Snapdeal as well but does not ship to my address.

I bought it from Torque in Bhimanagar for Rs710.

Prepped the car with a SGS wash and soaked up most of the water with a Sonax Xtreme MF towel. Sprayed the SHSW onto the slightly wet panel and spread it with an MF cloth. The liquid wax dries and hazes quickly. Buffed the surface immediately using a second MF cloth while applying light to nil pressure.

I tackled one panel at a time and used sparing quantities of the stuff - about 2 sprays on a bonnet (A-Star). Applying larger quantities will leave behind some wax swirls which can be seen from certain angles. I found out the hard way that less is better.

The nozzle provides a very fine spray. This is great for the first few panels, however the spray gets blown onto waxed surfaces if the wind is up. Overspray eventually leads to white spots. I missed a spot on the roof and confidently sprayed the wax only to see it spread across the windshield and bonnet as well. Towards the end of the session I found myself spraying onto the MF towel and applying it onto the surface instead.

Waxing the car took about 20 mins for a coat. Since this was my first wax/detailing session (its my first car you see), I applied two coats for better protection and coverage in case I missed a few spots and was generous with the time spent.

I wanted a glossy shine and hence was initially hesitant to use this product. I am happy with the results though. It does not correct any swirls or remove any contaminants. It does not correct any scratches either. What is does do is leave a rich smooth look and has made dusting the car with the Jopasu easier. The gloss seen in the pics is the handiwork of SGS. Two weeks, two water washes and two rains later, the wax still does a good job of beading the water (see beading images).

I had a hard time deciding where to start and what to buy. The categories of products, stages of detailing and all jargons confused me big time. I persisted though and out of experience I would suggest a noob to zero in on MF towels, a basic car shampoo and a wax/sealant that is easy to use. Give it a shot first as it gives a good feel of what works out for you. For instance, during my first session I realized that durability, protection capability and ease of use were of a higher priority to me than the look and details. I also got an idea of how much time I would like to dedicate to this activity. Later progress based on personal preference, budget, time, availability etc. One can then procure better MF towels, wash mitts and specific detailing products.

Please excuse the poor quality of images.

Disclaimer : I am not associated with Sonax in any way. Please be cognizant of the fact that I am a noob in the detailing world before you make any purchase decisions based on my post.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dscn0860.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dscn0861.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dscn0862.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dscn0859.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140706_083250114.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140706_083312927.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-sonax_high_speed_wax1.jpg

Last edited by rajathv8 : 7th July 2014 at 22:19.
rajathv8 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 18:23   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I recently got the opportunity to use Sonax Gloss Shampoo (SGS) and Sonax High Speed Wax (SHSW). Since this is a thread dedicated to Waxes and Sealants I will focus on the SHSW.
I have been through many pages of this thread. I am a complete noob too. I still can't quite grasp the different things that can be done. A search for care care products in Snapdeal also didn't help me. Just added to my confusion.
There is a beautiful detailed black Verna a few pages back. I don't think I can achieve that kind of a result in my first go nor do I want to spend that much just to see if I can detail my car myself.
Your post is very helpful. This is exactly what I had in mind. To use some not too expensive products and try it out.
You seem quite pleased with the outcome. I am more than willing to give it a try.
I think I'l' go in for the same products as you did. Basically I would need:
1. Sonex Gloss Shampoo
2. Sonex High Speed Wax
3. 3 Japasu MF towels

Am I missing anything? How is SGS to be used? and what does one use to apply the wax ?
Old 21st July 2014, 19:16   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do keep us posted on how long the wax layer and beading lasts. Also at some point you might want to pick up clay and use it on the car to ensure that the wax/sealant is applied on a clean surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Am I missing anything? How is SGS to be used? and what does one use to apply the wax ?
You can apply it by spraying on the car and wiping it with a MF towel or an applicator pad
Old 21st July 2014, 23:01   #296
BHPian

@promit
Glad to know that my post was useful. Do try it out. There results of my attempt were quite satisfactory and motivational.

You have missed out a "car wash mitt" in you list. A basic one can be bought on eBay for about Rs.120. It makes the wash easier, faster and more fun too.

SGS comes with instructions on how it is to be used. I follow :
1. Rinse the dirty car with water
2. Mix 1 cap SGS in 5 litre water and lather - in wash bucket
3. Fill another bucket with water for rinsing the wash mitt
4. Apply shampoo on car about 3feet*3feet area
5. Rinse mitt thoroughly in the rinse bucket. Dip mitt in wash bucket.
6. Repeat 4 and 5 until one or two panels have been shampooed
7. Rinse the shampooed pannel. The water can be poured with a mug to produce a sheeting effect which will carry away any shampoo and dirt
8. Gently mop up the water and dry the rinsed panel with a MF cloth

The whole wash process should take you about 60-70 mins. The time will reduce as you get practice.

@procrj
I will keep you guys updated. I am interested to get the car clayed. Probably try the elastrofoam instead of clay down the line.

Last edited by rajathv8 : 21st July 2014 at 23:06.
rajathv8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 11:04   #297
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Last sundays effort with Sonax

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-photo-1.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-photo-3.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-photo-4.jpg
Rahulkool is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:29   #298
BHPian

Victoria Concours Red Wax

My car has been wearing various Sonax products - Sealants, wax and their coating for over 4 months. Almost each panel had a different Sonax product on it. The Carnuba hunger had been building up over the last 4 months and this weekend I decided to do a complete detail on my car. Since it's been raining here for over a month and I have been very busy at work as well as home, the car has been getting a foam wash at a local car wash that has been building up a significant amount of wash marring, micro scratches all over. Hence, I had to machine polish the entire car. Process followed:
  • Pressure wash and Meguiar's Hyper Wash
  • Clay
  • Scholl S20B with Scholl Spider Sandwich pad on panels that needed the correction
  • Sonax Perfect Finish on Sonax Orange foam pad on the panels that didn't need much correction. Both the polishes finish LSP ready in one step.
  • Panel wipe with Sonax Paint Prepare to check the results
  • Victoria Wax Deep cleanse on a Blue Hex pad/Black Hex pad to chemically clean the paint and lay down a nice oily base for the wax
  • 1 coat of Victoria Concours Red Wax all over. 2 coats on the boot.
I noticed the unbuffed wax on some panels after taking the pictures. The recommended waiting time before buffing off this wax is about 45 second but in our weather it worked better with 30 seconds. Swipe test helps.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-1.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-2.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-3.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-4.jpg  

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 28th July 2014 at 11:32.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 21:09   #299
Senior - BHPian

It was almost 3 months since I had applied Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection and the beading property had reduced. So decided to prepare the car for monsoon. First applied Poorboys Black hole and then applied two coats of Fourstar Ultimate Paint Protection with 6 hours of gap in between. Allowed it to cure for 12 hours in the night and then applied Poorboys Natty Blue Paste wax this morning.

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7056.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7058.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7086.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7093.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7108.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-100_7113.jpg

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 3rd August 2014 at 21:11.
guyfrmblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:28   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I also got Sonax High Speed Wax from the same shop last week. I am impressed with the gloss and shine. It is also value for money at Rs. 700. I could not test the beading as car has not seen a proper rain after that.

Hope it will last for a couple of months at least.

Few panels had Collinite 845, applied a couple of months back. I just topped it with Sonax High Speed Wax. I also noticed that the plastic parts (light panels, plastic stips) gives a good gloss with the product.

On rest of the panels, I applied Duragloss 101 (polish and cleaner), followed by Sonax High Speed Wax.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 3rd August 2014 at 22:29.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks