Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 20:58   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
That is very disturbing and weird as I have never had any such issues with them. considering I am in Chennai and they are in Bangalore, I drop a mail and receive the products in 2 days in Chennai. All emails were promptly replied to. So far, I have picked up about 20 products from them over the last 2-3 months. I will speak to them about people having trouble trying to get products from them. Their products are class leading and deserve better customer service.

I mailed them back saying I have been waiting since more than a week. I got a reply saying they would have preferred talking on the phone first , that's why they were hesitating to share details.

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 16:08   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: All about Car Waxes & Sealants

I am not at all satisfied with the FK1000P on the non-metallic white paint. What is a good wax/sealant for this paint which does not dent my pocket much?
Old 31st May 2014, 11:58   #273
Senior - BHPian

Broke out my old favourite, Meguiar's M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax. Its the only wax that I'm aware of that can be applied with a rotary, and that is how I intend to apply

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-vgghl2j.jpg

After 2 coats:

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-gu5tfsg.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-duo4auh.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-t9xym1a.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-uinvxoy.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-2tjjdf5.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-469exxm.jpg

Beading from M26 first coat, cleaning with water before I put on the second coat:

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-u1kjqg7.jpg

Beading from Opti-Coat 2.0 only

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-tjn1vgz.jpg
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2014, 12:58   #274
BHPian

Excellent finish SunnyBoi. That beading says it all. The shine makes it hard to gauge the age of the car. How old ?
M26 is pure wax. Would you try any sealant along with it ?
Since Opti coat 2.0 is like a permanent coat, I assume it went before the wax, right ?
Did you apply anything to the tyres ?
Old 1st June 2014, 09:19   #275
Senior - BHPian

mirror glaze is not easy to obtain in small bottles. They come in OE supply. nevertheless That is a nice shine. I guess most of the shine is obtained by polishing not by waxing.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:17   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
Excellent finish SunnyBoi. That beading says it all. The shine makes it hard to gauge the age of the car. How old ?
M26 is pure wax. Would you try any sealant along with it ?
Since Opti coat 2.0 is like a permanent coat, I assume it went before the wax, right ?
Did you apply anything to the tyres ?
The car is a dozen year old but all the panels have been repainted at sometime in the past.

I'm not at all concerned with longetivity hence not using a sealant.

ONly the hood and hatch on my car have opticoat since the paint is now wafer thin. Opticoat was applied over a month back and now topped it with M26 wax

Tyres were dressed with Meguiars Hyper Dressing 3 weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
mirror glaze is not easy to obtain in small bottles. They come in OE supply. nevertheless That is a nice shine. I guess most of the shine is obtained by polishing not by waxing.
I agree most of the shine is from polishing. However carnauba waxes give lot of depth and clarity which you cannot get from polishing alone.

Its not hard to get what I used:

http://www.autofresh.in/exterior-car...23325-cat.html

It rained last night and I found a nice way to dry the car without using towels

SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 01:20   #277
BHPian

After my recent wax/sealant project, now I have this irresistible itch to keep the car spanking clean. As pointed out before, I believe its time to expand to the tires and interiors.

I have managed to shortlist a few products from the isolated reviews on tires and upholstery cleaners, but I need your suggestions on which ones are more effective.

Fabric interiors: ( slight dirt marks )
1. Sonax Foam Uphostery cleaner (aerosol can)
2. Sonax Car Interior Cleaner ( water based spray bottle)
3. Meguiar's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Tires: ( shine and protect )
1. Sonax Tyre Care (aerosol can)
2. Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant (tires and dashboards)

I guess quality-wise, Sonax is almost at par wth Megs but way cheaper. Is this correct?

Can Meguiar's APC handle both the tire and fabric cleaning with the right dilution ( meaning I dont have to try out the above items) ?
If yes, post links please. Found the Megs APC in autofresh.in only but Out of Stock.

Best shopping experience from the below sites ?
http://www.carpowergrid.com ( Methods automotive shopping. lots of sonax stuff )
http://autokefler.com ( lots of sonax stuff )
http://autokart.buildabazaar.com ( lots of sonax stuff at really cheap prices )
http://www.autotrends.in ( only for Megs products. cheaper than other sites )
Myth_sx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:26   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
After my recent wax/sealant project, now I have this irresistible itch to keep the car spanking clean. As pointed out before, I believe its time to expand to the tires and interiors.

I have managed to shortlist a few products from the isolated reviews on tires and upholstery cleaners, but I need your suggestions on which ones are more effective.

Fabric interiors: ( slight dirt marks )
1. Sonax Foam Uphostery cleaner (aerosol can)
2. Sonax Car Interior Cleaner ( water based spray bottle)
3. Meguiar's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Tires: ( shine and protect )
1. Sonax Tyre Care (aerosol can)
2. Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl/Rubber Protectant (tires and dashboards)

I guess quality-wise, Sonax is almost at par wth Megs but way cheaper. Is this correct?

Can Meguiar's APC handle both the tire and fabric cleaning with the right dilution ( meaning I dont have to try out the above items) ?
If yes, post links please. Found the Megs APC in autofresh.in only but Out of Stock.

Best shopping experience from the below sites ?
http://www.carpowergrid.com ( Methods automotive shopping. lots of sonax stuff )
http://autokefler.com ( lots of sonax stuff )
http://autokart.buildabazaar.com ( lots of sonax stuff at really cheap prices )
http://www.autotrends.in ( only for Megs products. cheaper than other sites )
For interiors cleaning, wheel cleaning , tyre cleaning or for that matter any general purpose cleaning I would recommend meguiars APC. Depending on the dilution you can use it for different purposes. You can get APC from Keystone Enterprises in Bangalore. They ship all over India.

For dressing look no further than UTTG. Ultima trim and tyre guard plus. Although a bit costly it's extremely efficient. A few drops of all it takes to protect a tyre or trim. And it is extremely durable and withstands rain dust and still shines. You can get it from ultimate detailerz. They are also based in Bangalore and ship across. You can order them from their website too.

Note. I don't have any commercial interests with either of the above mentioned organization. Just helping out a fellow bhpian
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 22:27   #279
BHPian

Once you start reading this thread, there's no way you will not try to DIY getting your vehicle in shape. Those who stopped after reading the first post, are lucky. After that, it becomes an everyday thought to get the right stuff and start working on the paint! After going through the posts numerous times, I zeroed in on the following:
1. ONR- for washing and for using as lube for claying.
2. UPGP- Easiest to use.
3. Elastofoam- Long life claying.
4. Jopasu Combo- Duster, Mini duster, Micro fiber cloth, micro fiber glove.
An impulse buy was :
5. UPPP- To prep the paint.

I was already using Formula1 wax, and as recommended by linuxmanju, was looking forward to trying out UPGP.
With some time on my hands today, got the battery panel off my bike and gave a thorough wash. Dried using a micro fiber cloth and applied UPPP using the foam applicator that came with it. Having gone through a couple of posts regarding quantity of UPPP, fearing I would use too much, used about two peanut sized drops. The haze that should have been visible, was absent (might have used too little). Wiped off using a micro fiber cloth, and applied UPGP using the applicator.
The feel of the paint surface is way too better than when I was using Formula 1. Well, formula 1 was smooth too, but after UPGP, its smooth with absolutely no resistance. Put another coat after maybe an hour. As for the shine, will wait till morning to see how it performs in sunshine.

Last edited by raghuvir : 4th June 2014 at 22:29. Reason: Correction.
raghuvir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 20:25   #280
BHPian

In the morning applied another coat of UPGP and realised that it streaked after drying. Rushed to wipe it off with a MF (which I presume is wrong), but the surface is still smooth to feel and has got some added shine.
However, there are now swirls visible, when held into the sunlight, which were not visible before. So now, will be polishing it with Autoglym SRP next week, then sealing it with UPGP. Have used Autoglym SRP on my car though and have some queries on the same, which are put up in the All About Car Polishing thread. Posting some pictures of the battery panel before and after using UPGP.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140604_173701.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140604_173912.jpg  

Old 18th June 2014, 20:37   #281
BHPian

Quick Detail - Scholl S20 and Sonax P&S Sealant

Decided to revive the paintwork on the boot today. Products used:

Scholl Concepts S20B Polish - This is a diminishing abrasive polish capable of removing 2500 grit sanding marks and yet finishes LSP ready on most paints. It did correct the wash marring, some Random scratches and finished very well.
S 20B http://www.schollconcepts.eu/en/news...ounds/s20-blue

Lake Country Hydro Tech Tangerine polishing pad - A closed cell polishing pad in low profile specifically for the rotary. They have the same pads in high profile for a DA.
LC HT Pads http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/shop/la...ml#aH20_2d2255

Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Sealant - This is the retail version of their Sonax Profiline Polymer Netshield. This is designed for the DIY user and does not flash immediately, leaving you enough time to apply and buff slowly to an insane gloss. I have the Polymet Netshield on most of the car so wanted to try P&S again. It won the sealant of the year award on DetailingWorld UK this year and rightfully so. It is very easy to apply, produces an insane amount of gloss, beads are very tight indeed. It also has significant anti-static effect that helps me a lot to keep the car cleaner, for longer. Unless it rains, all I need is a Jopasu and the car is always good as just detailed. No need for even a QD or WW and I have been washing the car once every fortnight.
DW Products of the year list http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=332951
Sonax Xtreme P&S http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan...prod_1200.html

Disclaimer: I am not associated with any of these brands or sellers.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-13.12.09.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-13.11.55.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-13.11.47.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-13.11.31.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-12.48.24.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-20140618-12.48.12.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-2.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-3.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-1.jpg  

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 18th June 2014 at 20:49.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 23:44   #282
BHPian

Re: Quick Detail - Scholl S20 and Sonax P&S Sealant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Decided to revive the paintwork on the boot today. Products used:

Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Sealant - It is very easy to apply, produces an insane amount of gloss, beads are very tight indeed. It also has significant anti-static effect that helps me a lot to keep the car cleaner, for longer. Unless it rains, all I need is a Jopasu and the car is always good as just detailed. No need for even a QD or WW and I have been washing the car once every fortnight.

Sonax Xtreme P&S http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealan...prod_1200.html
The car looks stunning, With Maintenance like that it gets difficult to judge the products, but man i was blown away by the video you shared. Will definitely try P&S. Such products are a must for indian weather conditions.
Old 19th June 2014, 17:32   #283
BHPian

Sunny car looks splendid .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Its the only wax that I'm aware of that can be applied with a rotary, and that is how I intend to apply
Few other waxes which can be applied with a Rotary that come to my mind immediately are Clearkote Moose wax, Scholl W09 and Dodo juice sells a dedicated product to dispense their Supernatural wax on Rotary pads ( I think Dodo Wax machine stick or something ).

Personally I have applied C476 and few other waxes with a Rotary at speed 600, Black LC pad and fast arm movement without any issues, more out of curiosity than the manufacturers' recommendations , but to be honest woth you, that's risking too much.
linuxmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 23:11   #284
BHPian

Can someone please tell me where I can find Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer?
I have tried Shell Basavanagar, Torque Bhimanagar, Reliance Mart Whitefield. None of them have it.
Old 21st June 2014, 08:49   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Can someone please tell me where I can find Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer?
I have tried Shell Basavanagar, Torque Bhimanagar, Reliance Mart Whitefield. None of them have it.
Try Methods automobile, JC road, Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks