Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 13:04   #256
BHPian

Re: All about Car Waxes & Sealants

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Y

@raghuvir Please post a review of Formula1 wax with some pictures of your HD.
Here's what formula 1 looks like on my Harley. It was pretty easy to use formula 1. Applied it with the applicator provided and wiped off with a mf cloth once it turned to haze. Have ordered UPGP and will post pics asap.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140508_123650.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140508_123604.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140508_123521.jpg  

raghuvir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 21:48   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

A cheaper option is the ever green collinite 845
Definitely agree, used 845 and its durability is amazing.
Old 9th May 2014, 22:24   #258
BHPian

This might be OT here, but couldn't find a thread on this: pitting on rims. Can the Gurus here help? I noticed that there's pitting on the rims, dont know how to get rid of it.
Attached Thumbnails
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140508_123817_edit.jpg  

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-img_20140508_123804_edit.jpg  

Last edited by raghuvir : 9th May 2014 at 22:25. Reason: Missing punctuation.
Old 11th May 2014, 14:01   #259
BHPian

First detailing report

I started at around 6.30pm and wrapped up at around 10.30pm.

1. First used Jopasu to remove the dust and then cleaned using 4 ltrs dilution of ONR, a bucket of clean water and an MF.
2. Claying with 1 ltr dilution of ONR as clay lube.
3. Applied Collinite 845 and buffed off with MF.
4. Second C845 topup scheduled for this monday.

Personal notes from my first detailing:
  • To wipe dry the Verna, something like this is better suited than the Eurow MF towels.
  • The 2 bucket method works well only if there is just light dust on the car. In case of mud splashes, a pressure water cleaning is required.
  • The fantastic effects from collinite 845 are obvious in the pics below. As stated numerous times, apply as thin as possible.
The first picture was taken around the time I finished off late in the evening. The rest are from the next morning.
All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dsc00175.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dsc00184.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dsc00185.jpg

All about Car Waxes & Sealants-dsc00186.jpg
Myth_sx is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 16:23   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
First detailing report

I started at around 6.30pm and wrapped up at around 10.30pm.

1. First used Jopasu to remove the dust and then cleaned using 4 ltrs dilution of ONR, a bucket of clean water and an MF.
2. Claying with 1 ltr dilution of ONR as clay lube.
3. Applied Collinite 845 and buffed off with MF.
4. Second C845 topup scheduled for this monday.

Attachment 1239688

Attachment 1239689

Attachment 1239691

Attachment 1239692
Very nice finish Myth_sx

People under estimate good old waxes like the Collinite and have fallen for all the hype about ultra super expensive sealants and some big or no brand stuff.

I personally prefer 2-3 coats of Collinite.
For a better Finish and shine first apply the 845 and after a day or two apply a layer or 2 of 915.
This keeps the car looking wet and water beading continues for 6 months.

My Original tub of the 915 which I purchased almost 4 years ago has more than 50% left in it, this after using this multiple times on several cars.

The trick here is to apply a very-very thin layer. And repeat the process (to cover up spots that you might have missed)
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 16:45   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Very nice finish Myth_sx

People under estimate good old waxes like the Collinite and have fallen for all the hype about ultra super expensive sealants and some big or no brand stuff.

I personally prefer 2-3 coats of Collinite.
For a better Finish and shine first apply the 845 and after a day or two apply a layer or 2 of 915.
This keeps the car looking wet and water beading continues for 6 months.

My Original tub of the 915 which I purchased almost 4 years ago has more than 50% left in it, this after using this multiple times on several cars.

The trick here is to apply a very-very thin layer. And repeat the process (to cover up spots that you might have missed)
Thanks Captain Slow. This was my first time with C845. Brilliant stuff.
I will be doing another layer of C845 tomorrow for the same reasons you stated.

I am on a small budget until i get my hands set. C915 is a bit expensive for now, but i will consider it a little later.

I am also looking for a glaze polish with very minor abrasives which can be used before C845. Swirls are unfortunately inevitable.
Old 11th May 2014, 17:04   #262
BHPian

Absolutely awesome results myth! I see one thing missing though. Dress up those tyres with a good "water based" gloss. You'll be amazed to see how much candy value a set of wet black tyres add to the ride.
amazer2013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 17:17   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Absolutely awesome results myth! I see one thing missing though. Dress up those tyres with a good "water based" gloss. You'll be amazed to see how much candy value a set of wet black tyres add to the ride.
Yes, the tires do spoil the looks a bit. Will look for tyre gloss and fabric upholstery cleaner next.
Old 12th May 2014, 21:19   #264
BHPian

Would like to share my experience on the durability of Collinite 476S.

I have applied it on 3 occasions in the past 3 months , on each occasion have put a single coat of wax , my observation is that the beading effect is over in 3 weeks on the roof and bonnet, the doors last longer , maybe a week more. The car is water rinsed daily. My expectation after reading all the review about this wax was 2 to 3 months of beading effect.

I think this wax is not durable for hot climates like ours especially if the car is exposed to direct sunlight during the day.

On the positive side , since using this wax, I have not required to shampoo wash the car since the last application (1st week of april) , simple water rinsing returns that rich and deep gloss.

Another point on applying this wax , I have tried applying this thin the 1st time and have also rubbed it into the paint a little more generously on the 2nd and 3rd use. One can leave it on , in our kind of warm climate for 10 mins , complete half the car and go back to buff the initially applied area, no problem with wiping off the haze and getting the rich deep buff, and it's quick and effective, just make sure you keep using a fresh corner of the micro fibre cloth after every 2 to 3 panel sections (say, bonnet + 1 door with one cloth section etc. ) to keep the friction up and have a faster buff. .

So to cut a long explanation short, Collinite 476S life expectancy on the paint is way below what i had expected - read in a lot of places about the extreme durability of this wax , hence dissapointed.

But, what a rich ,deep gloss and no need for that half monthly shampoo plus it's not that hard to use,maybe an advantage of our warmer climate, the wax takes longer to harden.

Last edited by hubolt : 12th May 2014 at 21:26.
Old 16th May 2014, 11:18   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
For Sonax products, just drop an email to info@methods.co.in and mention your city; they will revert with the details of availability, prices and where can you pick them up from.

html[/url]

Dunno about others , but I have never had a great experience with mailing Methods.

I had once written to them about my KN filter getting damaged within 2 L kms when KN gives a guarantee of a million kms , they never helped.

This time also I didn't have great expectations. I get a call after sending an email enquiring about Sonax products. I had told them I cannot take calls as I am traveling and would appreciate inputs on email , they keep on calling me on my phone. Even after sms' saying I cannot take calls , they refuse to share info on emails.

So I have given up buying anything from Methods

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 11:25   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

Dunno about others , but I have never had a great experience with mailing Methods.

I had once written to them about my KN filter getting damaged within 2 L kms when KN gives a guarantee of a million kms , they never helped.
A million kms guarantee is long life assured.

If Methods is not warranting the K & N set standards, why don't you directly error to K & N rather wait for Methods to act up? K & N should help you directly. Try contacting then directly.
Old 16th May 2014, 12:32   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
A million kms guarantee is long life assured.

If Methods is not warranting the K & N set standards, why don't you directly error to K & N rather wait for Methods to act up? K & N should help you directly. Try contacting then directly.

Have done that as well. I have replaced this filter , can't waste time running after them for the sake of 4500 INR. This was way back in 2012

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 16th May 2014, 13:09   #268
BHPian

hi

I too did not have a very good experience with methods.co.in. Tried to procure a few sonar products from them in april this year ; after many days and calls to people in Bangalore and chennai I simply get a message saying order cancelled.
No explanations/reasons .
Email sent to the Customer care too does not work.
So guys just think again before using the site.
Old 20th May 2014, 18:10   #269
BHPian

After a prolonged period of impatient waiting for methods automotive to get back stock of sonax bsd, I got restless and started looking for alternatives. I stumbled upon a new sonax dealer autokefler.com who is apparently based out of vizag. They have not listed sonax brilliant shine detailer on the website catalog so I called them up, spoke to Mr.Johnson about my requirement. He replied within a couple of hours that he can arrange to send it to me. Since their ecommerce website isn't fully functional yet, I had to wire him the amount. He has promised me to get the consignment shipped by tomorrow evening. It was very nice to speak to Johnson. They also deal with k&n filters. With methods not responding to calls and emails promptly, there's a good need of another good sonax importer/distributor. Had tried bsd once on my car but it faded off in just a week probably because of incorrect application. Can't wait to try my hands on it again.

Last edited by amazer2013 : 20th May 2014 at 18:13.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 10:52   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post

This time also I didn't have great expectations. I get a call after sending an email enquiring about Sonax products. I had told them I cannot take calls as I am traveling and would appreciate inputs on email , they keep on calling me on my phone. Even after sms' saying I cannot take calls , they refuse to share info on emails.

So I have given up buying anything from Methods

Sent from my mobile phone , please excuse typos
That is very disturbing and weird as I have never had any such issues with them. considering I am in Chennai and they are in Bangalore, I drop a mail and receive the products in 2 days in Chennai. All emails were promptly replied to. So far, I have picked up about 20 products from them over the last 2-3 months. I will speak to them about people having trouble trying to get products from them. Their products are class leading and deserve better customer service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks