Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 09:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to detect *Odometer Fraud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Should my friend give up the token amount and search for another car or take the risk and purchase this one?
Thanks everyone for their inputs. Latest update is that my friend has gone ahead with the purchase and will be bringing the car home this weekend. Ultimately, he went by his gut feeling in spite of being a very risk-averse personality (reason for opting a Toyota diesel over others).

We also talked to folks at Toyota service yesterday. They opined that even if the odo is rigged, the car has spent 80-90% of its time purely on highways because of the spot-less exterior, steering wheel & pedal wear and condition of the clutch and suspension (both are stock). Their welcoming behaviour towards us (even before owning the car) also played a role in decision making.

Last edited by self_driven : 1st November 2019 at 09:59.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2019, 10:18   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The Civics there have surprisingly low odo readings, all between 70-80k kms. Not one 2007 civic over 1 lakh kms! Extremely fishy if you ask me.
Not at all. I own a 2006 Civic and the odo reading is less than 80k. Reason is that it is not a daily drive but driven regularly with occasional long distance. There are various genuine reasons why odo reading can be less and not necessarily tampered odo.
Old 1st November 2019, 10:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguar View Post
Not at all. I own a 2006 Civic and the odo reading is less than 80k.
I agree. But not even one car on sale has a high odo reading. All of the listings have less than 90k on the odo. That's iffy for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks