Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 20:42   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
And one more thing he is asking 160 for the 99% wala(500ml) and 175 for the 99.5%(500ml) are the price ok
I pay around 22 rs for a 100Ml bottle at the local chemist shop and that does just fine for me.
Old 12th April 2007, 22:36   #272
BHPian

the milage dropped!! car rocketed!!!

hi finetuning &kaiser
latest update. i got 130 kms in 10 lit.. 13 kmpl from 16 kmpl... in palio 1.6 gtx..
but the car is so much capable ... try 145 kmpl in third gear for size!!!
that i said hell with the milage .. lets take the baby for a wild ride... too good .. tomorrow ill fill 10 lit more and give u the details after every 10 lit..
Old 12th April 2007, 23:46   #273
BHPian

Hi TURBOSAM,

If you are adding 2.5 ml then can try 2 ml and 1.5 ml to check FE & performance......also if with inreased power if you are driving hard then FE will drop so drive as usual.....find out which ratio is best for your 1.6 ltr engine.....at certain ratio it will give both FE and reasonable performance but let it run with this for at least 2 to 3 tanksful....also after few tanks if your PUC is due then keep an eye on emission content....thats important....enjoy boosted performance...

Last edited by finetuning : 12th April 2007 at 23:47.
Old 13th April 2007, 23:37   #274
BHPian

added 2 ml per lit.

to all my acetone buddies!!
today i added 2 ml per lit 20 ml for 10 lit of regular petrol..
my car <1.6 palio gtx>co was 0.02% now it is 0.02 %only
stilll tooo clean for 80+k running and 2001 model . now ill add xylene after a while ,one sight says 1 oz<@30ml> for 10 gallons! u say 2- 2.5 ml /lit.... i think i need to experiment a lot till a reach the magic ratio!
prey to god ,ill reach it sooner!!!
Old 17th April 2007, 02:02   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
hi fine tuning and sam !
can u tell me the possible mechanism in which xylene helps?
does it make any diff.alone if yes what kind of diff?or it needs acetone to work with it ? hats offf to u men! i support u to the fullest!!
Hi TURBOSAM,

Basically xylene is a thinner.....it makes fuel more thinner.....thinner fuels evaporates fast and thats the need of the hour...we need fuel to get vapourised before combustion.....within a fraction of a second piston is moving up & down and if fuel is not vapourised fully then it cant take part in combustion.....

Also adding xylene improves octane rating slightly.....now with high mileage and carbon accumulation there is need of higher octane fuel......also if one thinks of adding 1 ml 2T oil then xylene helps in blending acetone & 2T mixture well.....

Adding xylene alone will give you boosted performance.....I tested this many times......but cant comment more about its FE benefits when used alone.....I used to add just 2 ml per ltr in petrol & enjoyed very good performance....

All these are secret additives with which we can easily increase FE......we know the level of adulteration & its our effort to pass on best to our loved cars......

Enjoy....
Old 17th April 2007, 11:31   #276
BHPian

acetone buffs!

hi latest update1
as i told u some days back poured 2 ml acetone /lit petrol.
drove vrom bubhabdari to fiat plant at ranjangaon in ac with blistering heat. the car gave 130.2 kms in 10 litres in very good driving +excellent road conditions ,<which is way less than 16-20 what i used to get >
i think i need to experiment further,,
the driving experience is toooo good and am ok with the fe as long as the engine is happier!
Old 17th April 2007, 17:00   #277
BHPian

Hi TURBOSAM,

It pays to find right ratio.....because onece thats acheived in anyones car then we just need to stick to it........in any case adding few ml will always be beneficial for any engine....thats very much true but as far as FE is concerrned we need to get it in right amount......you can further reduce it to just 1.5 ml and then 1 ml.......even 1 ml I found sufficient in many cars.....performance benefits will always be there.....all the best for your experiments...

Enjoy....
Old 19th April 2007, 11:15   #278
BHPian

hi fine tunning
my latest update.
10 l of first class bpcl petrol measured in a caliberation vessel,
1.8 ml/lit of acetone measured in a cyringe,
drove the same 20 kms / trip .
same route,
same air pressure-28 psi cold,
same driving ,
same load in the car ,
same traffic <no traffic jams at all !!
good quality roads<best possible+on highway>
still figures are exactly 130.3 /10 lit
<without acetone it was 16-20>
-------------------------
now added 1.6 ml/lit ,with above mentioned parameters
and keeping an eye on the figures
day by day my car is getting healthier and healthies all thanks to u ... thanks a lot again may be its stronger so getting bullier and demanding more !! ha ha ha
Old 19th April 2007, 13:01   #279
BHPian

You may be giving more pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
hi fine tunning
my latest update.
10 l of first class bpcl petrol measured in a caliberation vessel,
1.8 ml/lit of acetone measured in a cyringe,
drove the same 20 kms / trip .
same route,
same air pressure-28 psi cold,
same driving ,
same load in the car ,
same traffic <no traffic jams at all !!
good quality roads<best possible+on highway>
still figures are exactly 130.3 /10 lit
<without acetone it was 16-20>
-------------------------
now added 1.6 ml/lit ,with above mentioned parameters
and keeping an eye on the figures
day by day my car is getting healthier and healthies all thanks to u ... thanks a lot again may be its stronger so getting bullier and demanding more !! ha ha ha
dear turbosam,

I think you may be giving more pedal than usual to ensure that you benefit from acetone. Are you sure that you really feel the difference in power and it is not psychological. Just ask some of your friends who owns a palio 1.6 or who has driven your vehicle to have a ride and tell the difference.
Old 19th April 2007, 13:55   #280
BHPian

i beg to differ!

after testing cars for 7 yrs, after testing palios @5-10cars/day for 7 yrs after driving @200 kms/day for 10 yrs ,i am sure what i am exactily saying,<p.s. i am to testing fiat cars , including for fuel efficiency -- officially> + i know how this management system works, how engine works and worked on atleast 2000+ palios since its launch<and before that too>
and recognised by FIAT itself as technico esperto de concessenario< technical expert of the non manufecturing side-- that is after sales>and a gtx and weekend owner i think i mean what i say< no offence intended
TURBOSAM is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th April 2007, 16:36   #281
BHPian

Hi TURBOSAM,

Keep testing to find right input....you can go up to just 1 ml per ltr.......I appreciate your desire for testing.....remember even little amount will be just suufficient to give reasonable pep & pass on FE....we are in search for this in each vehicle....

why this ratio differs?

Probable reason may be diffrent vehicle has different injector size & atomization technique....finer the spray of fuel better they get vaourised fast but again this varies due to many reasons like injector clogging....carbon build up inside engine.....

In many maruti 800 I found just 1 ml to be sufficient for FE gain of 10% and good performance......

One more thing....the main proponent of this theory many time suggest to reset ECU by disconnecting negative terminal of battery for more then 15 minutes if not getting decent FE......

Enjoy...
Old 19th April 2007, 23:02   #282
BHPian

turbosam it is very good news to know that you are an expert on fiat vehicles. I too own a fiat vehicle, an adventure. I wish to know at what speed you get maximum mileage.

Very eager to know more about fiat vehicles from you.
Old 20th April 2007, 23:17   #283
Senior - BHPian

After Effect of Acetone

Check the video out

M800 110@3rd Gear Video

Both are same videos of M800 doing 110@3rd gear after adding acetone. FE not yet calculated but its almost same coz daily drive is more than 65km and 500Rs. petrol still lasts 3 days.
Old 21st April 2007, 00:50   #284
BHPian

I have been using acetone in my Ikon 1.6 for atleast an year now and here are clear views from my experience:

I have been adding 110ml of acetone to 45 litres of my tank. What I do is I keep a syringe and acetone bottle with me and get half tank filled and then put in the acetone and then the rest 20-25 litres. Ofcourse the petrol pump staff has started calling me 'daaktar babu'. Its kinda funny sight for the people as well and often get to hear 'dekh gaadi ke injection laga raha hai...ha ahah...' but anyways, here is what I noticed:

On my frequent highway trips I used to get an FE of 12.5km/l at the most with A/c on all the time. The FE has miraculously risen to 14 (which even my friend's Ikon 1.3 dreams of!).....however, one thing I noticed is that result of adding acetone is quite unpredictable...sometimes the FE stays around 13 and at max I have seen 15 too!...The engine has gone very slick and smooth, no damages seen so far and do not expect them as well.
The low end grunt has risen and I lag caused with A/c on at max. has reduced. Was very scared to use it on my brand new car but I am totally satisfied with my decision. The car feels more powerful and there i indeed get a solid feel of 5-10 more bhp. Just a personal review.
Old 21st April 2007, 01:20   #285
BHPian

Abhibh what is the ratio you used for it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks