Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 18:57   #241
BHPian

Hehe.....thanks Kaizer....actually this is my third tankful with the right amount of acetone!

btw, I use the pharmaceutical acetone which I think is pure....if not, it's dam' close! It evaporates off skin very quickly and I accidentally spilt some on a table at home...took some of the paint right off! (oops) wasn't too bad though, there's a rough patch there, that's it....
Old 2nd March 2007, 20:31   #242
BHPian

Hi vezj420,

10% FE improvement at no extra cost including improved performance......I think what more we can expect....also its your ability to find right amount thats paying you....one need to find right amount for each car.....even for same model same year this ratio differes.....this indicates the changing combustion phenomenon.....for many this FE gains seems miniscule but it pays in long run with improved performance.....I observed scorpio giving 13.5 with this stuff.....

Well "Convert" is not the right word.....it must be SADHAK(Practitioner)....one who tries in their own way & come to conclusion of their own based on direct experience.....

Hi amu1983,

I think you too can try in different amount for your car ..if your vehicle is mpfi zen then need to find right ratio.....acetone that we get from chemist shop is mostly 99% pure...

Enjoy....
Old 10th March 2007, 19:06   #243
BHPian

Can we get a poll started on this thread Mods pls help out.
Old 12th March 2007, 00:30   #244
BHPian

good call, Kaizer! We should probably get a poll started for the other, similar threads such as xylene, 2T and/or boric acid....although I'm sure they won't get as much response as this acetone thread!
Old 17th March 2007, 12:32   #245
BHPian

acetone in my diesel vehicle

dear t bhpians,

after reading a lot on acetone yesterday i tried acetone on my diesel ambassador. After adding acetone there is a slight improvement in performance, the smoothness is more and the vehicle has become more silent even my father took note of these things. there is no drastic improvement i added 1.5 ml per ltr of diesel as recommended by many in the forum.

i welcome comments on this
Old 17th March 2007, 16:00   #246
BHPian

Hi swathyd,

Slight increase in performance & smoothness is because of improved combustion....also do check emission next time when you go for PUC.....the real benefits are here....in diesel amby if emission is reduced then its good.....1.5 ml is just sufficient....but there is a lot of scope finding correct amount by using consistantly in different combinations....it normally takes 2 to 3 tankful to get best result....so keep using....

Enjoy..
Old 18th March 2007, 01:54   #247
BHPian

so can i go for boric acid

dear finetuning,

as i have tried acetone i am very eager to try boric acid. I am very much confused on its use. So explain me how to add boric acid on my amby(5.5 ltr oil). will it have some adverse effect on engine( b coz it being a diesel engine)
Old 21st March 2007, 00:53   #248
BHPian

Test Results on a long drive

I had driven 887 Kms on sunday from Nagpur to Mumbai i had added
2.5 ML Acetone + 2.5 ML Xylene + 0.8 ML 2T oil per liter petrol.
The Road condition was Absolutely Pathetic. Average Speed was a little under 50KMPH. Ac Was on Most of the time
And Inspite of That I Managed to Get an FE Of 20+..... in my Zen.
I am very certain that i could have got a far better average had the road been any better.
I guess this shows that acetone makes a difference
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:59   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
I had driven 887 Kms on sunday from Nagpur to Mumbai i had added
2.5 ML Acetone + 2.5 ML Xylene + 0.8 ML 2T oil per liter petrol.
The Road condition was Absolutely Pathetic. Average Speed was a little under 50KMPH. Ac Was on Most of the time
And Inspite of That I Managed to Get an FE Of 20+..... in my Zen.
I am very certain that i could have got a far better average had the road been any better.
I guess this shows that acetone makes a difference
Hi kaizer,

Great figures, I have also tried acetone in my safari and I am getting FE figures of 11.5 Km with AC on.
Just one question from where did you manage to get Xylene
Old 24th March 2007, 00:03   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammykhan View Post
Hi kaizer,

Great figures, I have also tried acetone in my safari and I am getting FE figures of 11.5 Km with AC on.
Just one question from where did you manage to get Xylene
xylene in nagpur was available at a chemical distibutor. costed around 75 bucks for 500ml.Now that im back to bombay will have to make a trip to Dava bazzar this is near princess street.
Old 27th March 2007, 20:34   #251
BHPian

hi frnds,

I got slight improvement in mlg after adding acetone( 1st it was 10.58 after acetone it became 11.5). But after 2nd filling the mlg droped drasatically to a pathetic 8.19.

can anyone explain this phenomenon. I suspected it being a trick by the pump wala so i did purchase 1 ltr diesel from tht pump in a 1 ltr bottle. The quantity was ok( actually it overflowed).
Old 27th March 2007, 22:18   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
I got slight improvement in mlg after adding acetone( 1st it was 10.58 after acetone it became 11.5). But after 2nd filling the mlg droped drasatically to a pathetic 8.19.
can anyone explain this phenomenon.
Swathy, I did face something similar on my last refill with acetone in the 2.0 to 2.5 ml ratio. However, I suspect the quality of the fuel from the last pump was a bit dodgy (it's not my usual place, although it used to be).

Why so? Because I still got the expected smooth ride and pickup from the acetone addition, something I'll never get if I fill JUST petrol...

Also, my driving habit over the last month might have something to do with it.....pretty aggressive lately

Can't really tell until I go back to my old, trusty pump place....at least that way I'll have a control in the (continuing) experiment.
Old 27th March 2007, 23:35   #253
BHPian

i was adding acetone in 1.5 ml ratio as prescribed by ft and others.
Old 28th March 2007, 00:24   #254
BHPian

Hi swathy,

You need to continue using acetone in right amount....I has observed that it takes at least 3 to 4 tankful to pass on real benefits.....also with acetone there is slow but steady removal of carbons so keep using....if you stop using in between then you can clearly feel the difference like loss of power and smoothness....
Old 4th April 2007, 12:57   #255
BHPian

hi finetunning and acetone buffs....
would like to use acetone in my 1596cc 100 bhp palio 1.6 its already giving me fe of 13 in city in ac and 18-20 on highway without ac crossed 80000kms .i use system g entire bottle per tank full<47 l> or entire bottle of bardhal injector cleener every tankfull . now i would love to request u people to advise me @
1> the dosage
2>should i use 2 t oil with it tooo
3> should i use xylene tooo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks